Warnaco Group

Add Photos

Warnaco Group President and CEO Helen McCluskey

Helen McCluskey

Traditional Corporate environment...

Wovens Designer (Former Employee)

I worked at Warnaco Group full-time for more than 5 years

ProsTraditional corporate environment with good salaries, benefits & profit sharing.

ConsOnce you hit the glass ceiling - that's it. I was hard pressed to find challenges in my role after a few years & there was a lot of re-structuring in design department on an on-going bases.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf there are no way to promote a designer, they should be allowed to switch categories to allow for new skill development & freshness in the product line (ie...knits designer & bottoms designer switch positions).

Lot's to Look Forward To

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Warnaco Group full-time for more than 8 years

ProsGood compensation. Great people in the ranks.Met some great people who have become good friends.

ConsExecutive management and their HR cronies! What a joke! The CEO thinks she’s a role model and has no clue about what the rank and file really think. We've watched her push great people out and fill exec ranks with her cronies and others of little substance and no vision. The product and quality got weaker and weaker as process and margin became king so she could sell out.. Day-to-day business was crashing but new business (countries) and off price masked the realities

Advice to Senior ManagementYou got the last laugh and walked away with the big money but hopefully people will know the truth and you won't be able to repeat this performance. iUnder new leadership we WILL clean this up.

Legal intern

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Warnaco Group

ProsThe discounts were great. They generally were 50% off.

ConsI cannot think of any cons.

Great company to work for

Summer Intern (Former Employee)
Milford, CT (US)

I worked at Warnaco Group as an intern for less than a year

ProsNice work environment, good employee discounts and you will work with great people.

ConsThe position was in CT, 60 mile commute each way from NYC

Good potential , but short-termism messes things up

Oud-Gastel (Netherlands)

I have been working at Warnaco Group full-time

ProsThe work conditions are good and the environment is informal, managers are in general flexible and understanding, and some are very qualified and care about employees. Corporate information flow from semior management to employees has improved.

ConsProjects are often started but never finished, it is hard to find out who is accountable for what. The high level goals are more or less clear, but the path to get there is usually pretty vague and changing, which makes planning hard, as well as getting any commitment from stakeholders.

– I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company

I have enjoyed my time at Warnaco and look forward to continued employment for years to come.

Duncansville, PA (US)

I have been working at Warnaco Group full-time for more than 5 years

ProsLocal management strives to build into the local associates. They voice the local concerns to the corporate partners even when it seems to fall on deaf ears. Local associates are provided many small things such as luncheons and various award programs.

ConsLocal headcounts are so tight that it leaves no room growing outside of the current position. Although growth is encouraged verbally, time constraints leave little time for the activities that will lead to the growth.

It is a good company to work for.

Financial Systems (Current Employee)
Milford, CT (US)

I have been working at Warnaco Group full-time for more than 10 years

ProsBenifits and employee engagements are good. Great employees.

ConsManagement needs to better direct.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet training on better management skills.

It's a wonderful and exciting experienced.

QA/QC Inspector (Former Employee)
Manila, Manila (Philippines)

I worked at Warnaco Group full-time for more than 5 years

ProsLearn a lot of things being in a buying office and meet people from different countries and of course knowing their cultures was great and awesome experiences that I will keep for life..

Conspast facing management, no opportunity to prove your worth of because of past facing management. Every change of management they brought in their favorite employee from where they come from and I could say they don't trust the existing ones.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe fair to all, because everyone works hard. there are some forgotten.

Very good benefits and perks, decent pay

IT Support (Former Employee)

I worked at Warnaco Group full-time for more than 5 years

ProsGetting a huge employee discount on Warnaco's brands, loading up my wardrobe with many giveaway sample items, excellent health benefits, good holidays and vacations, good 401(k) plan, decent profit sharing. It also has a somewhat relaxed, creative and open culture.

ConsLimited growth in some areas, like IT, especially depending on your location. Fairly high staff turnover (although I don't know if it's unusual for that industry.) Raises and promotions are minimal unless you are already higher up.

Good job to start in a new Country

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee)
Rotterdam (Netherlands)

I worked at Warnaco Group full-time for more than a year

ProsAn international community, friendly job environment, a normal customer service.

ConsKlundert - the location of the company in Holland- is a no man land, a really sad place and you need to spend one hour and half to go to work (and to come back) every day. I couldn't have a normal life working in Warnaco because of the location. Tge management wasn't prepared to take all the challenges and customer service employees suffered this lack of competence and the general stressing daily situation.

Worked for Warnaco Group? Contribute to the Community!

Warnaco Group – Why Work for Us?

We are a company transformed, focused on global growth and brand building, while staying true to our core values. Over the last decade, PVH Corp. ("PVH") has made several acquisitions that have redefined the identity… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Warnaco Group reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for Warnaco Group CEO Helen McCluskey. All 33 reviews are posted anonymously by Warnaco Group employees.