Walt Disney Company

Walt Disney Company Reviews

Updated Jul 31, 2014

Walt Disney Company President, CEO, and Director Bob Iger

Bob Iger

Pros
  • Work Life Balance, can work hours you want to set and take half hour lunches (in 23 reviews)

• The offices have a great work environment and positive, easy to get along with coworkers (in 34 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance depends on your department (in 26 reviews)

• Required to work long hours at certain times of the year, but that can be expected at any job (in 36 reviews)

More Highlights

Outstanding culture and world-class brands, but lack of growth opportunities.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Toronto, ON

ProsA worldwide entertainment phenomenon, Disney is one of the best possible employer names to associate with your career for future employment. The portfolio of brands is second to none, and Disney has a proven track record of creating magical consumer experiences. The culture is very fun and energetic, and the people are as cheerful and fantastic as you would imagine. Pre-screenings, toy sales, and other perks abound as it is quite a glamorous employer.

ConsThe compensation as an intern was quite poor, as they know they don't need to pay fair wages to attract top talent. Also, the opportunities for career growth in the Canadian office were almost non-existent as it was already a lean structure.

Advice to Senior ManagementFind more opportunities to retain new talent with a rotational graduate program or more structured employee evaluations at the end of internships.

Coordiantor

Coordinator (Former Employee) Kelowna, BC

ProsGreat job, great company and people are amazing

ConsOnly con was the economic downturn.

Senior Marketing Executive

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prospromising business, dynamic culture and brightest people

Consconstraints of promotion to high level managerial position

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

dusted with pixie dust

Licensing Coordinator (PT) (Current Employee) Toronto, ON

ProsA fun place to work, great people

ConsPermanent Part-Time jobs do not include benefits, often working full-time workload on part time hours. Limited opportunity for growth and advancement

Advice to Senior Managementincrease focus on developing and maintaining current talent pool

Great MNC to work with

ProsNice Environment to work with

ConsDifficulty in managing upper management

A magical experience; when I'm old and rich, I'll work there again.

Disney College Program (Former Employee) Orlando, FL (US)

Pros-could put a thousand pros
    -coworkers become family
    -access to the parks
    -making magic for guests
    -creating memories for people that will last forever
    -going to Disney World every day
    -focus on events for employees
    -at least 994 more pros that I can't think of currently

Cons-don't do it for the money, the pay is terrible
    -long shifts
    -really hot summers
    -not all guests (customers) are happy to be there
    -aggressive foreigners
    -unionized co-workers that don't contribute to the team effort

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what your doing!

A company you want to stay at least 3 years

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

ProsMany development opportunities, lots of things happen every day, you will meet different people, different culture, and challenges.

ConsSometime it is really stressful because you have so many tasks to do/go at same time

Advice to Senior ManagementMore open talks

It was definitely an entertaining and rewarding experience

Bell Service Dispatcher (Former Employee) Lake Buena Vista, FL (US)

ProsUpbeat people. Fun atmosphere. Benefits are nice.

ConsStressful. Many guests feel entitled to free things because of the cost of their vacations.

It's Disney, it's a high standard to follow.

Attractions Host (Current Employee) Anaheim, CA (US)

ProsThe benefits are great! Getting into the park for free, sign ins, 40% merch during Holiday (nov.-feb) lots of friends, lots of jobs to do.

ConsIt's Disney, everyone wants to be here, I started off in Parking, and transferred over to Fantsyaland Attractions, Attractions are at the bottom of the totem pole! I make $9.33 an hour. And any of the better jobs are non-union, it's all a corporate game, half of the Legacy award recipients should not be Legacy Award recipients (on the other hand I've met so many wonderful Legacy recipients) with some moving up can be really fast, with others really slow, depending on if the managers like you. Fantasyland is a great land to be in. They say it's a great job if you don't like getting paid at all.

Advice to Senior ManagementI've grown so much as a person over a year and a half, working on my degree and I want to be in their PR dept. getting my first transfer was super easy. Schedulers do tend to play favorites all the time, but with my seniority I get my morning shifts and make a lot of hours in a week. Depends on the manager but I love mine at Fantasyland, great team! The upper management is great too! I totally support Bob Iger, but the pay for attractions needs to go up.

It's a pretty good place but lots of politics

Senior Digital Designer (Current Employee) Glendale, CA (US)

ProsThe culture is one of positivity and collaboration

ConsSometimes the executives are out of ouch with the new market
     And make bad decisions

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn more. Don't get stagnant.

Worked for Walt Disney Company? Contribute to the Community!