WMS Gaming

WMS Gaming Reviews

Updated Apr 16, 2014

Not yet rated.

David L. Kennedy

Pros:
  • "Offers a good benefits package, with encouragement and rewards for wellness"
    in 5 reviews
  • "Great benefits, good environment"
    in 5 reviews
Cons:
  • "senior management is doing its best to turn a fun place to work into a world of drudgery and uninteresting business-style development"
    in 4 reviews
  • "Resources in game development are stretched very thin"
    in 3 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

I had a very good experience initially with this company but felt over time it became a more stressful place to work.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at WMS Gaming full-time

ProsGreat working conditions in the Chicago office. Kind of reminds me of what a Google office would be like. Pool, Ping Pong, Gym, Rooftop deck etc. Some great people to work with.

ConsOvertime I felt they were putting a lot of pressure on employees to work more hours. Basically doing more with less. My feeling was employees were being asked too much and not being rewarded for this effort.

Fun place to work

I have been working at WMS Gaming full-time

ProsThis place offers alot of flexability

ConsTight deadlines, Lack of centralized information

Company in limbo

Field Service Tech (Current Employee)

I have been working at WMS Gaming full-time for more than 10 years

ProsTime off for the first year of employment is 15 days.

ConsWith the take over the moral of field service is at a all time low. Many of the techs are setting to look for other employment and the techs have over 5 years with the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementLeadership, need to have the right people in the right area of management that field service call for question that may arise in the field. Some of the management members have never worked on slots.

Unless you're in the Chicago office you're treated like crap

Artist (Current Employee)

I have been working at WMS Gaming full-time for more than 3 years

ProsPaid the bills and the office building was great. I enjoyed most of my coworkers but like me most of them left for better opportunities.

ConsNo matter how hard you worked, efforts were not rewarded. Also the art production there is slow and bad. There are too many cooks in the approval kitchen an no one is ever satisfied.

It enjoyed working with my coworkers and getting to know the business

Chicago, IL (US)

I have been working at WMS Gaming as an intern for less than a year

Pros-learned solidworks, autocad
-ability to shadow other departments

ConsWish the Co-op program had more structure.
We each received a mentor, but I felt my mentor was not veryhelpful

Playing politics trump job performance

Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at WMS Gaming full-time for more than 5 years

ProsFair salary · Excellent facilities · Amazingly good benefits · Decent access to tools needed to get your daily tasks done

ConsPlaying political games is the only path to career advancement · Your opinions are best kept to yourself

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat employees like people, not disposable resources.

its a racist company to many touch and feeling people there u want to find love this is the place to work

Line Assembly (Current Employee)
Waukegan, IL (US)

I have been working at WMS Gaming full-time for more than 10 years

Prosits not a business its a playground the company doesnt practice what it breaches and if your not of a certain culture u will be harrassesd and the people that are of a certain culture have no dilpomas some have no papers etc but yet there are the ones that get away with a lot more due to the fact 95 percent is of that culture

Consnot worth the time working here two many people married in upper positions working here not good business ethics if your a toucy feeling type of person this is the place for u

Advice to Senior Managementget your act together maybe u should not cater to certain group of people

Great Place to work 5 years ago. Gone Done Hill badly!!

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee)

I have been working at WMS Gaming full-time for more than 5 years

ProsGreat Benefits, Pay is comparable to industry standards.Workplace is safe and secure. Nice Facilities and located in the center of Las Vegas.

ConsWorking 1800 miles away from our Corporate office is logistically a nightmare. We were just informed that 24 people will be laid off affective March 28th. No Loyalty.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement Change. The current Management will bring WMS/Sci-Games down. A change needs to be done at the top, and award the workers, not the directors.

Upper Management and then some

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at WMS Gaming

ProsGreat people to work with. Nice buildings. Good benefits. Cafeteria, gym, etc.

ConsUpper management just grows and grows - VP's, VP II's, VP III's, Directors, Sr Directors, and more - Top get paid, rest get crumbs

Am I in high school again?

Chicago, IL (US)

I have been working at WMS Gaming full-time for more than a year

ProsBenefits, casual environment, flexible hours

ConsThe few women that DOES work there, are extremely catty. There's one in particular that you need to watch out for. I feel everyone is scared of her. They pre-judge you and will form an alliance against you. Alot of profanity is used amongst the men there in open forums. Senior management doesn't get around to visit with the "little people."

Advice to Senior ManagementGet to know your employees new and/or OLD. Understand whats going on in your own department thats right under your nose - and actually do something about it if its causing friction between employees.

Worked for WMS Gaming? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at WMS Gaming reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for WMS Gaming CEO David L. Kennedy . All 67 reviews are posted anonymously by WMS Gaming employees.