Victoria's Secret Stores

3.3
1,654 Reviews

Victoria's Secret Stores CEO Sharen Turney
Sharen Turney

Pros
  • Great discount and deals given to employees on different products every other month (in 106 reviews)

• 30% employee discount with some free bras throughout the year (in 91 reviews)

Cons
  • Some positions pose a greater difficulty in maintaining a work-life balance (in 79 reviews)

• The part-time work & call-in shifts are for the birds (if this is your only job) (in 67 reviews)

More Highlights

victoria's secret

Current Employee - Victorias Secret Cashier
    Current Employee - Victorias Secret Cashier

I have been working at Victoria's Secret Stores part-time

Pros

good management, good colleagues, nice culture, company values

Cons

nothing came to my mind.

Good company, all dependent on the staff in your store (in my case gossip/catty central)

Current Employee - Cash Wrap Lead in Edmonton, AB
    Current Employee - Cash Wrap Lead in Edmonton, AB

I have been working at Victoria's Secret Stores part-time (more than an year)

Pros

the bonds made between coworkers, gratis (which are basically cheaper buy ins for employees or free merchandise we receive every month, given it is such a high volume store therefor needing more employees it is always easy to get a switch taken/switched; as well as possible for you to call in sick and be replaced by someone else (havent been able to call in sick at other works/made feel guilty if doing son)

Cons

working with a large female based group (leading to a lot of cattiness, gossip), the policies on employees are more restricted than customers aka employees aren't able to price adjust but customers are; making it seem they value the customer more than the workers

Worked part-time

I worked at Victoria's Secret Stores

Pros

Good discounts
    Good hours
    Good coworkers
    Everyone worked collaboratively as a team

Cons

-some managers were unprofessional and inconsiderate when dealing with personal matters

Learn to treat your employees with respect and compassion

Great company, awful store

Former Employee - Sales Specialist in Vancouver, BC
    Former Employee - Sales Specialist in Vancouver, BC

I worked at Victoria's Secret Stores full-time

Pros

The staff are great, I enjoyed working with almost everyone there which is pretty significant considering how many girls work there. The gratis is also pretty great, I worked there for under a year and have enough bras now to last a life time

Cons

GM was AWFUL at his job, the reason why I left was about 10% pay 10% the start of a sales incentive and about 80% the GM. Massively unprofessional and stunted many employees at their growth in the company.

hire a new GM

Lots of fun experiences, but overall unfortunate work experience

I worked at Victoria's Secret Stores part-time

Pros

Getting the opportunity to meet great coworkers. The gratis was a nice perk. Lots of training that gave me the experience to excel in other retail environments.

Cons

Underpaid and under appreciated. You will work as hard as you can and will still constantly be overlooked for any opportunities for advancement (not only is this a personal experience, but also something I observed over the couple years of working with the company).

Toronto Eaton Centre

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Toronto, ON
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Toronto, ON

I worked at Victoria's Secret Stores part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Almost everyone was young and relaxed
    Good music
    30% discount
    Frequent breaks
    Easy to make friends
    Sometimes got free or greatly reduced items

Cons

Extremely unreasonable selling goals, especially for a minimum wage job
    Some managers were very pressuring
    There were some manager/associate relations that disregarded store fraternization policies
    Some managers avoided real work
    They schedule you for literally every moment in your availability. I closed every Friday and Saturday night for 6 weeks straight once.
    At closing time, you had to stay past your shift, sometimes til 12 or 1 until the store was clean.
    SO many rude tourists that disrespect you and have you making up some kind of improvised sign language in order to communicate

Make sure your managers are setting a good example, contributing to sales and store morale.
    Offer raises towards deserving employees, and higher wages around SAC (semi-annual sale), when employees have to run around like crazy and work 10 times harder for no extra benefit.

I loved working with my coworkers here, but in the end, management switched over, and gradually, every person who had been there in the beginning quit one by one, like a mass exodus. I would have stayed if the pressure to sell wasn't so unreasonable. Nothing kills your mood like coming in to work at 9am, and having to make up some "game plan" on how you plan to capitalize on customers that day in order to make your $300/hour sales goal.

Ok place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at Victoria's Secret Stores

Pros

Amazing clothes to merchandise and shop

Cons

Not amazing discounts and not great compensation

Need better training and benefits

Victoria's Secret Employee Review

Former Employee - Cashier in Edmonton, AB
    Former Employee - Cashier in Edmonton, AB

I worked at Victoria's Secret Stores part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The discount and occasional gratis offers and the Semi Annual Sale are the only pros of working at Victoria's Secret.

Cons

Management is absolutely terrible. Favoritism is 100% noticeable at the West Edmonton Mall location. The management doesn't treat the staff like people, but simply mules to get sales higher. When the West Edmonton Mall location first opened, management was awesome, and it was a fun place to work. Now all the fun has been taken out of the job, and all management knows how to do is talk to employees in a very condescending manner.

Stop acting like you are the queens of England, and start treating employees like real humans as well. I have experienced many customer complaints and inquiries on why management talks to staff the way they do.

Can be rewarding, mostly just stressful. Pay is hardly liveable.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB

I worked at Victoria's Secret Stores full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Good discount, sometimes can buy bras for $10 on employee promo
    Most of the job is just talking to people and showing them nice stuff, which can be fun
    It was rewarding sometimes to help women find something that made them feel good about themselves

Cons

Management team was not consistent in how they wanted to go about things or what they prioritized
    Minimum wage job, HARDLY a livable income. I only made $2 above minimum wage as a supervisor.
    Work was often stressful, very busy store, lots of product to "push", demanding/ unreasonable costumers were not uncommon
    I often felt like I was being fake, maybe thats just the nature of being a salesperson

Management team needs better training. I was thrown into a leadership position having no prior experience with only a two hour excuse of a training session.

It was Good - for a while.

Current Employee - Sales Specialist in Vancouver, BC
    Current Employee - Sales Specialist in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Victoria's Secret Stores part-time (more than an year)

Pros

- great discount (30% for part-time, 40% for full time which is reasonable)
    - awesome gratis! Never did bra laundry for the year I worked with them because they literally throw bras at you every month
    - easy to book days off, as long as you did it three weeks in advance. Never had a problem with it, although some co-workers would contradict.
    - themed days/weeks & sometimes would change dress code
    - worked with some of the best coworkers in the world! Love them a lot!
    - great training & do a "refresher" every few months during store meetings

Cons

- management was terrible. Too many managers for one store & they all had different titles but they all seemed to perform the same roles, just in different "categories" of the store.
    - constant contradiction between management. I was moved to 4 different zones and 2 floors - IN A SPAN OF TWENTY MINUTES from 3 different managers. It was frustrating!
    - management is unprofessional and catty. Girls would leave our store crying, or I'd be in the fitting room consoling them as they bawled.
    - track your sales and there's no incentive. If you make your goal - great. You get hours (not really) and a pat on the back (sometimes). If you don't, you're grilled, berated, and bullied even though they should be coaching you. Which, in their defence, they try to do, but for every "coaching message" they give, they have at least 3 hurtful things to say to you afterwards.
    - had to book days off 3 weeks ahead of time but they're allowed to publish our schedule one week ahead of time I don't understand why they've given themselves a more generous time span
    - moving up is fairly difficult. Moving anywhere is actually really difficult. I can't walk to my customer to a different zone without getting called out.

- please refer to all my cons and go from there.

Victoria's Secret Stores Photos