Victoria's Secret Stores

3.3
1,811 Reviews

Victoria's Secret Stores CEO Sharen Turney
Sharen Turney

Pros
  • Great discount and deals given to employees on different products every other month (in 106 reviews)

• 30% employee discount with some free bras throughout the year (in 91 reviews)

Cons
  • Some positions pose a greater difficulty in maintaining a work-life balance (in 79 reviews)

• The part-time work & call-in shifts are for the birds (if this is your only job) (in 67 reviews)

More Highlights

i love the people I work with! But some of the girls need to mature a bit they are catty!

Current Employee - Sales Support in Toronto, ON
    Current Employee - Sales Support in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Victoria's Secret Stores (less than a year)

Pros

• amazing management
    • always something to do so you never get bored
    • beautiful sexy store!
    • the discount
    • smells wonderful
    • make good friends
    • wonderful products
    • the growth in the company

Cons

• consistently cleaning it gets messy very quick
    • rude customers
    • immature catty girls
    • fake people
    • weird creepy men

Some managers are really rude and quite frankly don't really care about there well being of their employees which sucks!

Lovely Work Place, Horrible Management.

Former Employee - Sales Specialist in Edmonton, AB
    Former Employee - Sales Specialist in Edmonton, AB

I worked at Victoria's Secret Stores full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Generous discount, Free Products, Excellent Pay

Cons

Horrible managers. They verbally and mentally abuse their employees with threats that they'll fire them if they don't sell product. Too focused on sales goals to use proper coaching techniques. Lack of company values. No support.

Focus on your company values and stop pressuring your associates to sell sell sell so you managers get your bonuses. If a customer only wants one item, then let them buy their one item. If they're just looking, then leave them to look around. Not everyone who comes into the store needs to be converted in to a customer nor can everyone afford to purchase a bunch of things. Secondly, focus on actually coaching your employees properly, maybe if you coached them on what they need to do, rather than scaring them by threats and mental abuse you would have less of a turn over rate in your stores. Focus more on what the company values rather than making money, yes bottom line is you are a business and you need to make money but VS product sells itself. you don't need naggy pushy sales girls who are terrified they'll lose their jobs if they don't sell $300 worth of product per hour.

I was there for a month before I couldn't go to work anymore.

Current Employee - Sales Associate
    Current Employee - Sales Associate

I have been working at Victoria's Secret Stores part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Decent pay and great gratis benefits. Also, the product basically just sells itself.

Cons

The managers. They are constantly breathing down your back making sure you get your "incentive," you saw no money for commission (I haven't anyway), and you aren't treated like a real human being. You're a mule. It's also very overwhelming when you first start as they expect you to know everything. And heaven forbid you make one mistake when the manager is there, you'll be ripped apart. I really like this company and wanted to work here, but after they started commission it turned into absolute chaos. They also only give you a week off a year, for part-time too, so watch out for that. They're really strict with giving time off.

Hire better managers; train employees better; treat your employees better. There's a reason why there's so many complaints about management here.

meh

Former Employee - Associate
    Former Employee - Associate

I worked at Victoria's Secret Stores part-time

Pros

Lots of hours.
    Great friends.
    Gratis and discounts.

Cons

No flexibility.
    No work life balance (except to be working till 11pm-12am one day and 6am the next.)
    Managers will only pick favourites to move up not based on work.
    Catty co-workers since its predominantly women.
    Management doesn't care about employees and only cares about making sales.

Love your employees

victoria's secret

Current Employee - Victorias Secret Cashier
    Current Employee - Victorias Secret Cashier

I have been working at Victoria's Secret Stores part-time

Pros

good management, good colleagues, nice culture, company values

Cons

nothing came to my mind.

Good company, all dependent on the staff in your store (in my case gossip/catty central)

Current Employee - Cash Wrap Lead in Edmonton, AB
    Current Employee - Cash Wrap Lead in Edmonton, AB

I have been working at Victoria's Secret Stores part-time (more than a year)

Pros

the bonds made between coworkers, gratis (which are basically cheaper buy ins for employees or free merchandise we receive every month, given it is such a high volume store therefor needing more employees it is always easy to get a switch taken/switched; as well as possible for you to call in sick and be replaced by someone else (havent been able to call in sick at other works/made feel guilty if doing son)

Cons

working with a large female based group (leading to a lot of cattiness, gossip), the policies on employees are more restricted than customers aka employees aren't able to price adjust but customers are; making it seem they value the customer more than the workers

Company that under values and under pays its associates

Current Employee - Bra Specialist in Vancouver, BC
    Current Employee - Bra Specialist in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Victoria's Secret Stores (less than a year)

Pros

Good discount, good coworkers, nice looking environment, nice break room, good starter job, the customers can be lovely, freebies and gratis.

Cons

High-pressure environment, lots of micromanaging, poor organization resulting in bad scheduling and underpayment, totally random salaries, sexual harassment/abuse from customers, lack of empathy from management. Little room for advancement. Work-life balance is bad as associates are often scheduled to close until 12am then forced to stay until 12:45 am even when they have to open the store the next morning. High employee turnover rate means that 80% of the associates are new hires who haven't been adequately trained and thus make things a lot harder for well established associates. Some associates have been wrongfully-terminated. There is lots of competition and backstabbing between associates as they are all pressured to sell over 350 per hour.

Empathize with your associates, treat them as people and work to provide a safe work environment.

Worked part-time

I worked at Victoria's Secret Stores

Pros

Good discounts
    Good hours
    Good coworkers
    Everyone worked collaboratively as a team

Cons

-some managers were unprofessional and inconsiderate when dealing with personal matters

Learn to treat your employees with respect and compassion

Great company, awful store

Former Employee - Sales Specialist in Vancouver, BC
    Former Employee - Sales Specialist in Vancouver, BC

I worked at Victoria's Secret Stores full-time

Pros

The staff are great, I enjoyed working with almost everyone there which is pretty significant considering how many girls work there. The gratis is also pretty great, I worked there for under a year and have enough bras now to last a life time

Cons

GM was AWFUL at his job, the reason why I left was about 10% pay 10% the start of a sales incentive and about 80% the GM. Massively unprofessional and stunted many employees at their growth in the company.

hire a new GM

Lots of fun experiences, but overall unfortunate work experience

I worked at Victoria's Secret Stores part-time

Pros

Getting the opportunity to meet great coworkers. The gratis was a nice perk. Lots of training that gave me the experience to excel in other retail environments.

Cons

Underpaid and under appreciated. You will work as hard as you can and will still constantly be overlooked for any opportunities for advancement (not only is this a personal experience, but also something I observed over the couple years of working with the company).

Victoria's Secret Stores Photos