Victoria's Secret Stores

3.3
1,533 Reviews

Victoria's Secret Stores CEO Sharen Turney
Sharen Turney

Pros
  • Great discount and deals given to employees on different products every other month (in 102 reviews)

• 30% employee discount with some free bras throughout the year (in 87 reviews)

Cons
  • Some positions pose a greater difficulty in maintaining a work-life balance (in 75 reviews)

• The part-time work & call-in shifts are for the birds (if this is your only job) (in 63 reviews)

More Highlights

Great place to work and to earn experience in retail

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Toronto, ON
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Victoria's Secret Stores part-time (less than an year)

Pros

VS is a great place to work. The atmosphere is nice and its a great environment to work in. Victorias secret offers good promotions to employes.

Cons

No competitive salary, not a lot of hours is given.

The store should hire full time employes and they should offer a better salary.

Victoria's Secret Employee Review

Former Employee - Cashier in Edmonton, AB
    Former Employee - Cashier in Edmonton, AB

I worked at Victoria's Secret Stores part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The discount and occasional gratis offers and the Semi Annual Sale are the only pros of working at Victoria's Secret.

Cons

Management is absolutely terrible. Favoritism is 100% noticeable at the West Edmonton Mall location. The management doesn't treat the staff like people, but simply mules to get sales higher. When the West Edmonton Mall location first opened, management was awesome, and it was a fun place to work. Now all the fun has been taken out of the job, and all management knows how to do is talk to employees in a very condescending manner.

Stop acting like you are the queens of England, and start treating employees like real humans as well. I have experienced many customer complaints and inquiries on why management talks to staff the way they do.

Can be rewarding, mostly just stressful. Pay is hardly liveable.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB

I worked at Victoria's Secret Stores full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Good discount, sometimes can buy bras for $10 on employee promo
    Most of the job is just talking to people and showing them nice stuff, which can be fun
    It was rewarding sometimes to help women find something that made them feel good about themselves

Cons

Management team was not consistent in how they wanted to go about things or what they prioritized
    Minimum wage job, HARDLY a livable income. I only made $2 above minimum wage as a supervisor.
    Work was often stressful, very busy store, lots of product to "push", demanding/ unreasonable costumers were not uncommon
    I often felt like I was being fake, maybe thats just the nature of being a salesperson

Management team needs better training. I was thrown into a leadership position having no prior experience with only a two hour excuse of a training session.

It was Good - for a while.

Current Employee - Sales Specialist in Vancouver, BC
    Current Employee - Sales Specialist in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Victoria's Secret Stores part-time (more than an year)

Pros

- great discount (30% for part-time, 40% for full time which is reasonable)
    - awesome gratis! Never did bra laundry for the year I worked with them because they literally throw bras at you every month
    - easy to book days off, as long as you did it three weeks in advance. Never had a problem with it, although some co-workers would contradict.
    - themed days/weeks & sometimes would change dress code
    - worked with some of the best coworkers in the world! Love them a lot!
    - great training & do a "refresher" every few months during store meetings

Cons

- management was terrible. Too many managers for one store & they all had different titles but they all seemed to perform the same roles, just in different "categories" of the store.
    - constant contradiction between management. I was moved to 4 different zones and 2 floors - IN A SPAN OF TWENTY MINUTES from 3 different managers. It was frustrating!
    - management is unprofessional and catty. Girls would leave our store crying, or I'd be in the fitting room consoling them as they bawled.
    - track your sales and there's no incentive. If you make your goal - great. You get hours (not really) and a pat on the back (sometimes). If you don't, you're grilled, berated, and bullied even though they should be coaching you. Which, in their defence, they try to do, but for every "coaching message" they give, they have at least 3 hurtful things to say to you afterwards.
    - had to book days off 3 weeks ahead of time but they're allowed to publish our schedule one week ahead of time I don't understand why they've given themselves a more generous time span
    - moving up is fairly difficult. Moving anywhere is actually really difficult. I can't walk to my customer to a different zone without getting called out.

- please refer to all my cons and go from there.

Don't Be Fooled By Employee Discount

Former Employee - Lingerie Sales Associate in Winnipeg, MB
    Former Employee - Lingerie Sales Associate in Winnipeg, MB

I worked at Victoria's Secret Stores part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Nice employee discount at all Limited Brand stores, good monthly gratis, often held fundraisers for charity, had fun dress code days (eg: allowed to wear a blue accessory, allowed to wear sports line for the week etc)

Cons

Must suck up to managers to get decent shifts, over employ, don't give good shifts;give a lot of "call-ins" and are never "activated" for, get shifts cut often, complain about dress code when the managers break them themselves, treat the workers who aren't suck ups like trash

Stop over-hiring and leaving employees with no shifts, respect your workers more, treat all employees the same and don't pick favourites and give them more shifts

Great environment, staff and opportunity for growth!

I have been working at Victoria's Secret Stores full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great staff
    Organized management
    Excellent flexibility with scheduling
    Constant coaching and opportunity for growth
    Positive work environment
    Gratis
    Overall great company!

Cons

So far in my experience, there has been nothing wrong with the store or company.

Please continue to do as you have been. In my 9+ years of working in retail this has been by far one of the most positive experiences I've had where even when I'm tired and exhausted I enjoy going to work everyday

This was the worst, and the least professional, employer and work environment I have ever experienced.

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Hamilton, ON
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Hamilton, ON

I worked at Victoria's Secret Stores part-time (less than an year)

Pros

- a select handful of the sales associates were enjoyable company

Cons

- "call-in" shifts that 9/10 times were not activated

- petty, catty, condescending, unprofessional personalities; even amongst mgmt

- mgmt is lacking in skills; organizational; social; professional, etc (aka every skill a manager should possess)

- lack of consistency as mgmt would frequently contradict themselves

- associates and mgmt would participate in unprofessional conduct via the headset (ie. slandering colleagues/subordinates/customers)

- take into consideration all the negative reviews being shared in this community, and make the necessary changes to improve your work environments

- adequately SCREEN your store-level mgmt candidates to weed out the vindictive illiterates

Pathetic Management

Former Employee - Management in Vancouver, BC
    Former Employee - Management in Vancouver, BC

I worked at Victoria's Secret Stores full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Discount is good 40% off. Free stuff every month but usually stinky perfume and bland bras. Onky nude white or black.
    High pay I guess

Cons

Horrible management
    Stupid teenage employees
    Cheap company with hours
    Managers don't know what their doing.
    New manager is awful! !!!!!
    Worst I've ever dealt with. Cackles like a witch.

Fire Jeanine!

Bad Communication

Current Employee - Sales Associate
    Current Employee - Sales Associate

I have been working at Victoria's Secret Stores full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Their employee discount is nice and also getting free things occasionally. The work is easy and the customer base is okay.

Cons

There are too many levels of management and lots of miscommunication (or lack there of). There doesn't seem to be a clear goal for anything and too many people are not on the same page about the simplist things. For example, how we organize receipts at the end of the night to make audits the next morning go as efficiently as possible.

Get together, make a game plan for the week/month and execute effectively. Let's all follow the same SOP.

Sales Associate

Former Employee - Sales Associate
    Former Employee - Sales Associate

I worked at Victoria's Secret Stores part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Flexible with scheduling, lots of hours,

Cons

Sometimes demanding, you need to call-in prior to your actual shift... so you have to plan your day around the call-in (which sometimes, they don't even accept)

Victoria's Secret Stores Photos