ViaQuest

Loved working here!

Former Employee - Liaison
    Former Employee - Liaison

I worked at ViaQuest full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Strong office culture and company values, caring and knowledgeable management, fun outings and training seminars, caring and hardworking colleagues who are just as passionate about the Home Health and Hospice industry as I am, military friendly employer, extremely patriotic company that goes above and beyond call of duty.

Cons

My job required a little more travel than I cared for, however, I was made aware of this before I accepted my position. I wish I still worked here - we had to relocate due to my husband's job but I miss working for this one-of-a-kind company... haven't found anywhere else that compares!

LOVED the annual conference. It was a perfect balance of fun and training. I was very impressed by the hard work, money, time, and effort that management put into the conference all for the sake of its employees. Most companies don't take the time to recognize and reward their employees for their hard work throughout the year-- VIAQUEST DOES!

Poor Management

Current Employee - Program Director in Dublin, OH (US)

I have been working at ViaQuest full-time (more than an year)

Pros

There are no pro's to working for this deceiving company.

Cons

Management is a revolving door. It's impossible to keep up with the work demands. You will end up working to your death with no reward or appreciation. They pay is extremely low and the benefits are laughable. My manager got her position by sleeping with HR.

It's hard to give advice to someone in management because they probably won't be there after 5 months.

Unparalleled Culture with Compassionate Staff and Visionary Leaders!

I have been working at ViaQuest full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Amazing culture, fun work events, generous time-off, great work-life balance, wise & passionate leaders, excellent values, personal & professional growth opportunities, open communication policy, fun and passionate employees

Cons

I would like to attend more trainings to aid my professional growth!

Continue to maintain our unique culture so that we continue to be the company of choice for not only the individuals we serve but also for our employees!

Wonderful Company!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH (US)

I have been working at ViaQuest full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I have been employed with ViaQuest for a little over 3 years now and they are head-and-shoulders above the rest of the industry. Their culture and work environment is something completely unique that really sets them apart. Everyone collaborates and works together to achieve a common goal. The CEO is a phenomenal leader who really cares about his employees. He is extremely approachable and willing to do whatever it takes to help a family in need.

They do have monthly "Cultural" events that allow the regional teams to socialize and strengthen their professional relationships. This is a great way to meet fellow employees and truly buy-in to what the ViaQuest family is about. I have seen some negative feedback from these events, but people need to keep remember how to separate their social and professional lives. People do have a fun time at these events, but they also work extremely hard at making ViaQuest successful.

The company works in the most gratifying industry of all which allows you to have a positive impact on all of those that we serve!

Cons

There has been quite a bit of turnover over the last year. However, this is unavoidable in this industry. It isn't good to have a large amount of this, but on some levels, it is a necessary evil. As a company, you can't let people become complacent so change is sometimes for the best as new blood is needed to rejuvenate the workplace.

Management is doing a great job pushing the company to grow and become the provider of choice for the people we serve. Keep pushing this and finding fellow employees who believe in the "ViaQuest" way!

Terrible company to work for!

Former Employee - Program Director in Twinsburg, OH (US)
    Former Employee - Program Director in Twinsburg, OH (US)

I worked at ViaQuest full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Being in the trenches with my co-workers!

Cons

Horrible company culture, no chance for advancement unless you are in the good ol' boys club, unfair caseload management, no work-family life balance, terrible compensation and no raises...ever, upper management cares more about appearances and less about quality staff, upper management too worried about next drunken social outing, disconnected upper management.

My advice to management is to spend more time practicing what you preach about company culture and spend less time showing inappropriate videos at team-building seminars and promoting drunkenness and cronyism. Also worry more about quality staff who care about the individuals they serve and illustrate time and again they are good at their job and less time worrying about how your company may be perceived or who gets awards at the overpriced yearly conference. Shame on ViaQuest for shooting off at the mouth about company culture and then letting quality staff go because they disagree with inept policy and procedure!

Terrible place to work

Current Employee - Office in Cleveland, OH (US)
    Current Employee - Office in Cleveland, OH (US)

I have been working at ViaQuest full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The pros are short lived. The CEO, Rich Johnson would say that the pros are the quarterly drinking fest, aka culture meetings.

Cons

Executive management is very young, inexperienced, and immature. Sleeping around Will get you to the top though. Turnover is extremely high amoung management. Benefits are terrible and salary rates are at the bottom of the scale. They will try to sell you on their culture, but beware of the unprofessionalism that comes with it. The CEO is well known for his unprofessional behavior, just don't follow his lead, or you may be fired.

Take a look at the turnover data. In a span of 6 months about half of employees promoted to management levels either quit or are fired after 6 months. This is a red flag that speaks poorly of leadership.

Great ideas, need more management who know what they are doing.

I have been working at ViaQuest

Pros

You do feel like you are making a difference, culture looks great at first.

Cons

Lots of closed door meetings where people talk bad about each other.

You need to take a look at how your senior and executive management team treats middle management.

Great Experience with a Great Company

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dublin, OH (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dublin, OH (US)

I have been working at ViaQuest full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Involved upper management, great culture, caring supervisors, a lot of opportunity for advancement. Company is growing and involves employees at all levels.

Cons

I can't think of any negatives. I really enjoy my time at ViaQuest.

Basic Review

Former Employee - Clinical Director in Columbus, OH (US)
    Former Employee - Clinical Director in Columbus, OH (US)

I worked at ViaQuest full-time (more than an year)

Pros

No Pros to working with this organization

Cons

This organization is very disorganized