UniversalPegasus International

Updated 18 November, 2014
Updated 18 November, 2014
3.4

Philip Luna

Very interesting place to work.

I have been working at UniversalPegasus International full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Overall a positive work life balance. Some stressful times, but that keeps you charged. Good people to work with.

Cons

Can sometimes be so process oriented it can make the company appear inflexible and unresponsive. The past few years have been full of changes, and that may be unsettling. Utilization scrutinization can be very demanding, but it is understandable.

Involve more employees in strategic planning and get their feedback and ownership of the overall plan.

Decent company, bad management.

I worked at UniversalPegasus International full-time (more than an year)

Pros

relaxed dress code, kept on overhead in between projects. Relaxed atmosphere. Flexible hours.

Cons

culture of contempt, disrespect and condescension. Worst I've seen in this business. If you don't like being addressed like an idiot then stay far away from this company.

Can't say much without disregarding my anonymity.

most demoralizing, meaningless job immangineable

Current Employee - Designer II in Houston, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Designer II in Houston, TX (US)

I have been working at UniversalPegasus International full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

uhh, paycheck? (for now) They had a pretty good 401K but reduced the match. You are off between Christmas and New years ( You have to charge it to PTO)

Cons

No management capability whatsoever, you have to beg for charge numbers, it is as bad as the reviews posted. . Today ,a New Low!

An email came from senior management today telling employees to go to glass door and post positive comments to sway the negative (truthful) comments- NO KIDDING!

It is so bad management is begging and bullying people to post phony praise out of fear for their job.Don't believe any phony good comments you see after this post. I have seen people set up time after time and fired here. Your manager usually is too busy to assign you work. Too much overhead and you are terminated. Chaotic, unorganized and miserable. Politics are taken to a new low. If you do get work it is usually due in some unreasonable amount of time. Truly one of the worse places in Houston to work.

Maybe get rid of 2 or 3 vice presidents and 5 or 6 deputy directors or however many duplicate bosses you have. Not sure why you need 2 or 3 divisions competing with one another for the same job.Especially when they hate one another.

Overall Great Company to Work for

Current Employee - Engineer III in Lafayette, LA (US)
    Current Employee - Engineer III in Lafayette, LA (US)

I have been working at UniversalPegasus International full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Pay is good, Benefits are decent although they have been better in the past, opportunity for growth in the company is there, and the company has great culture of giving recognition to employees that go above and beyond duties or expectations.

Cons

There is always something about a company you could find that you do not like, but I choose to overlook the minor issues I have found.

Continue to seek out growth opportunities, and continue to give local management the flexibility needed to make that office a success.

Need maturity

Current Employee - Senior Designer III
    Current Employee - Senior Designer III

I have been working at UniversalPegasus International full-time

Pros

This is a frendly place to work at. pay rate is fair, coffe is free. company has flexible time to work.

Cons

Management unfair, slave drivers, some manager run in a dictator ship system. system and processes are not in place. Senior Designer are just Glorified Drafter. Anybody can have a title.

Need to implove, fallow industries standards, STOP Buddy system.

Ratings speak for itself

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)

I worked at UniversalPegasus International full-time (less than an year)

Pros

May be a bit of higher paid salary, but they would probably charge this to the clients anyways.

Cons

This is a typical "permanent staff look-alike contract worker's place". They lure you in with a competitive salary and charge it back to the client. Once project is over, out the door you go. Management is non-existent, as every man for himself attitude is easily perceived. Once you're in their door, you need to find a "sponsor" regardless of your competency to be on the "project roster list". Or else, you'll be gone out the door, either forced or by your will. No such thing as development. They are on the borderline between being an actual corporate organization and scammers. Do yourself a favor and not even look in this direction unless, you want some quick bucks earned from contract type work (by the way, good luck with this). My lessons learned the hard way and I am trying my best to protect the innocent mass.

Can you even call yourself "management" when you're not listening or doing anything to fix the cancerous morale environment?

Neutral

Former Employee - Assistant in Houston, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Assistant in Houston, TX (US)

I worked at UniversalPegasus International full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good health benefits, nice location in Houston. Offers participation in Charity work. Generous compensation

Cons

Didn't feel like a positive or collaborative environment. Couldn't really get a feel for company culture. Morale seemed lowed; company felt very segmented. Things could be better as there has been quite a turnaround in senior management staff since I was there.

Value your employees. You are nothing without them.

Good people and fun working environment

I worked at UniversalPegasus International

Pros

Enjoyed working with the people

Cons

Promotions are promised but not kept

Worst place I've ever worked

Current Employee - Engineer in Houston, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Engineer in Houston, TX (US)

Pros

Pay is good. Enjoy it while it lasts.

Cons

Management is ridiculously incompetent. Layoffs galore. Don't expect ANY job security. Politics. It's very dog eat dog. And these guys are borderline corporate criminals. The project work was meaningless and boring, and even hard to come by. Don't expect any severance, they'll make up some BS excuse so they don't have to pay it. I see things getting much worse for this company.

You should work at Taco Bell, you are more suited for that work.

Good place for new graduates

I worked at UniversalPegasus International full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Good work/life balance, good working environment , nice and talent people

Cons

Management policy need to improve