UniversalPegasus International

Updated 13 October, 2014
Updated 13 October, 2014
3.5

Philip Luna

Decent company, bad management.

I worked at UniversalPegasus International full-time (more than an year)

Pros

relaxed dress code, kept on overhead in between projects. Relaxed atmosphere. Flexible hours.

Cons

culture of contempt, disrespect and condescension. Worst I've seen in this business. If you don't like being addressed like an idiot then stay far away from this company.

Can't say much without disregarding my anonymity.

Overall Great Company to Work for

Current Employee - Engineer III in Lafayette, LA (US)
    Current Employee - Engineer III in Lafayette, LA (US)

I have been working at UniversalPegasus International full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Pay is good, Benefits are decent although they have been better in the past, opportunity for growth in the company is there, and the company has great culture of giving recognition to employees that go above and beyond duties or expectations.

Cons

There is always something about a company you could find that you do not like, but I choose to overlook the minor issues I have found.

Continue to seek out growth opportunities, and continue to give local management the flexibility needed to make that office a success.

Need maturity

Current Employee - Senior Designer III
    Current Employee - Senior Designer III

I have been working at UniversalPegasus International full-time

Pros

This is a frendly place to work at. pay rate is fair, coffe is free. company has flexible time to work.

Cons

Management unfair, slave drivers, some manager run in a dictator ship system. system and processes are not in place. Senior Designer are just Glorified Drafter. Anybody can have a title.

Need to implove, fallow industries standards, STOP Buddy system.

Ratings speak for itself

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)

I worked at UniversalPegasus International full-time (less than an year)

Pros

May be a bit of higher paid salary, but they would probably charge this to the clients anyways.

Cons

This is a typical "permanent staff look-alike contract worker's place". They lure you in with a competitive salary and charge it back to the client. Once project is over, out the door you go. Management is non-existent, as every man for himself attitude is easily perceived. Once you're in their door, you need to find a "sponsor" regardless of your competency to be on the "project roster list". Or else, you'll be gone out the door, either forced or by your will. No such thing as development. They are on the borderline between being an actual corporate organization and scammers. Do yourself a favor and not even look in this direction unless, you want some quick bucks earned from contract type work (by the way, good luck with this). My lessons learned the hard way and I am trying my best to protect the innocent mass.

Can you even call yourself "management" when you're not listening or doing anything to fix the cancerous morale environment?

Neutral

Former Employee - Assistant in Houston, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Assistant in Houston, TX (US)

I worked at UniversalPegasus International full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good health benefits, nice location in Houston. Offers participation in Charity work. Generous compensation

Cons

Didn't feel like a positive or collaborative environment. Couldn't really get a feel for company culture. Morale seemed lowed; company felt very segmented. Things could be better as there has been quite a turnaround in senior management staff since I was there.

Value your employees. You are nothing without them.

Good people and fun working environment

I worked at UniversalPegasus International

Pros

Enjoyed working with the people

Cons

Promotions are promised but not kept

Worst place I've ever worked

Current Employee - Engineer in Houston, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Engineer in Houston, TX (US)

I have been working at UniversalPegasus International full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Pay is good. Enjoy it while it lasts.

Cons

Management is ridiculously incompetent. Layoffs galore. Don't expect ANY job security. Politics. It's very dog eat dog. And these guys are borderline corporate criminals. The project work was meaningless and boring, and even hard to come by. Don't expect any severance, they'll make up some BS excuse so they don't have to pay it. I see things getting much worse for this company.

You should work at Taco Bell, you are more suited for that work.

Good place for new graduates

I worked at UniversalPegasus International full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Good work/life balance, good working environment , nice and talent people

Cons

Management policy need to improve

Great Environment - Sr. Management Direction is all over the map.

I worked at UniversalPegasus International full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Decent pay & benefits. The work environment and employees are great to work with.

Cons

Lack of direction from the top. Owned by a PE Group that has just sold the soul of the company to bankers. Knee-jerk planning for hiring and subsequent lay-offs with no long term thought process. BD support is nonexistent.

Provide a clear directive for how the company is going to grow the business and push initiatives out that support that direction.

Revolving Door!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)

I worked at UniversalPegasus International full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The pay is over market, but you are basically selling your soul. As soon as a project ends, you will be laid off and overpriced

Cons

There is no loyalty to the employees, they staff big for a project and then release quick when it is over. They say the company is doing better now, but that is a sign of the market picking up, not the business itself doing better. Big pay and big bonuses are paid at the top (yes, we hard workers know about that), kills morale. The CEO is coldhearted and unfeeling about the staff, current and former, but he is high on himself; you can see his picture and name variations on many of the company initiatives (Uncle Sam picture ring a bell with anyone?). They cut the benefits back, 401k matching percentage, which once was really good, was affected as well.

Some of the top management has left on their own; Business Development, Engineering, Finance, HR, Project Management to name a few. These people were making good money, so why leave? Because of the non-loyal, treat you like dirt, "I'm not listening, because you are beneath me" attitude of the CEO. Well Mr. CEO, one day you will realize you are only as successful as the people doing the actual work. When this ship sinks, you will probably still be the captain, but you may have no loyal crew. Curious as to whether you can come off your pedestal throne long enough to even notice.