UniversalPegasus International

UniversalPegasus International Reviews

Updated 17 April, 2015
56 reviews filtered by

1. Direction of Company

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)

I have been working at UniversalPegasus International full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Salary, Benefits, Flex Time Work Hours, People are great here.

Cons

More Changes Coming? New Ownership may bring more changes, this company does not need any additional changes. In the past few years, Senior Management has changed quite a few times and with each come change in style of management. Not sure what the new ownership will bring.

Advice to Management

Need to communicate more about the REAL changes going on to employees at all levels.

2. Egineer II

Current Employee - Engineer II in Houston, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Engineer II in Houston, TX (US)

I have been working at UniversalPegasus International full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great Company to work for. Great benefits, EOE, Very diverse, management listens to the employees and acts proactively. They provide training. They care about the people, and Mr Luna is never too busy to shake you hand on the hallway. 9/80 shedule is awesome.

Cons

No Cons. Everybody from the upper management to the security guy are terrific people and the company cares about people.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing.

3. It was a pleasure to be a part of the UPI team

Former Employee - Subsea Engineer in Houston, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Subsea Engineer in Houston, TX (US)

I worked at UniversalPegasus International full-time (More than a year)

Pros

A good team of professionals. Lots of opportunities to gain experience on a variety of projects.

Cons

There were no major cons.

I am very excited to be currently working here.

Current Employee - Designer in Houston, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Designer in Houston, TX (US)

I have been working at UniversalPegasus International full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The team is great and I am treated as part of it even though I am new. Many people go above and beyond to make sure you get settled in as a new employee. The company's HR Dept is very organized. Too new to add anything else at this time.

Cons

A few people should learn manners - swearing within earshot of others is not cool. Also, small items came up missing in my cubicle recently. I really do mean 'a few'. Most people are very professional.

6. GROWING and CONTINUING TO GROW

Current Employee - Senior Project Engineer in Lafayette, LA (US)
    Current Employee - Senior Project Engineer in Lafayette, LA (US)

Pros

UPI is a great company that allows you to achieve and grow as much as you wish. Do your job the best you can and you will reap the benefits. You won't always agree with every company move or decision, but that's true no matter who you work for and that includes "youself". UPI allows you the freedom to grow and prosper if you're talented enough and smart enough to grab hold before things pass you by.

Cons

UPI has always been a company of change and growth and like most companies, it sooner or later makes some bone-head decisions. How it recovers and overcomes those decisions is the real measure of the company future. As UPI has grown it takes longer to overcome some missteps. UPI can be a little too slow to show appreciation and a little too quick to throw out the baby with the bathwater.

Advice to Management

Despite the cons; I think management is really trying. I do agree with some of the naysayers that in the past poor (or lack of) management has been a real problem. That problem is not unique to UPI, but then this is not a critique of other companies. My advice to UPI management is that they continue to make sure they and their decisions are not the problems. To continue to pave that gravel road to success and to always keep an eye on the success of the team. And never, ever forget that the team is really just a bunch of individuals working towards a common goal.

7. UPI is a company on the rise. They take care of their employees and they have a good vision of the future.

Current Employee - Senior Engineer in Houston, TX (US)

Pros

Good managers and flexible working environment. This is especially helpful with the Houston traffic

Cons

The Houston traffic can make it difficult to get to the office

Advice to Management

Hold the your current course and be patient

8. I work with a great team in a workplace that provides challenges and rewards.

Current Employee - Senior Drafter II in Lafayette, LA (US)
    Current Employee - Senior Drafter II in Lafayette, LA (US)

I have been working at UniversalPegasus International full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The environment is upbeat. My colleagues are second to none and always willing to assist in anyway. My compensation is more than fair. I am able to increase my knowledge and experience. Our managers are positive and strive to provide a great place to work; often asking for feedback. The corporate office is very supportive and communicates in order to keep us abreast of company business and projects. This is a good place for me.

Cons

As with “any” engineering or service group the work often comes down at the clients discretion which sometimes is the last minute.

Advice to Management

Keep up the hard work.

9. Very interesting place to work.

Pros

Overall a positive work life balance. Some stressful times, but that keeps you charged. Good people to work with.

Cons

Can sometimes be so process oriented it can make the company appear inflexible and unresponsive. The past few years have been full of changes, and that may be unsettling. Utilization scrutinization can be very demanding, but it is understandable.

Advice to Management

Involve more employees in strategic planning and get their feedback and ownership of the overall plan.

10. I enjoy working for UniversalPegasus. Work is very challenging, friendly environment.

Current Employee - Engineer in Lafayette, LA (US)
    Current Employee - Engineer in Lafayette, LA (US)

Pros

Plenty of opportunity for growth. Salaries competitive

Cons

Medical benefits are on the high side.

Advice to Management

Costs of medical benefits are way too high compared to other employers.

11. Up we go.

Current Employee - Senior Engineer in Houston, TX (US)

Pros

Company provides great benefits and good work culture. Open door policy applies to everyone in company and is a big plus. After acquisition by HII, company is more aggressive in market for various different and value added projects.

Cons

need better structure within departments.