UPS Reviews

2,610 Reviews
3.4
2,610 Reviews

David Abney

Pros
  • Part-time supervisor position is helpful due to possible tuition reimbursement (in 240 reviews)

• Very structured organization with great benefits and hard working employees (in 237 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance is the biggest challenge, specifically for Management employees (in 89 reviews)

• part-time but sometimes you only work for an 1 hour which total waist of time (in 164 reviews)

More Highlights

Sales Representative

Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative

I have been working at UPS full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great training and Development program

Cons

Cant thing of any for the company

Great career progress environment

Administrative Assistant

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Burlington, ON
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Burlington, ON

I have been working at UPS full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Security, room to grow -but based on connections, good work-life balance, good benefits, variety of work environment

Cons

pay, career advancement is based on connections, big facility, sometimes very disorganized and chaotic

One of the worst companies that I have worked for!

Former Employee - Air Driver in Calgary, AB
    Former Employee - Air Driver in Calgary, AB

I worked at UPS part-time (less than an year)

Pros

I was able to get a part-time position but they lied to me about which shift I would be given.

Cons

No communication from management. No transparency. They want to 'watch' and keep tabs on you at all times but we have no idea what goes on in the back offices. They have hidden agenda's. I kept track of my time-sheet information and I feel like I was ripped off at least 15 minutes a week. This adds up... and is not right for a company that is supposed to pay you by the minute. You don't get any say in what route they assign you to and you get moved around a lot.

You have to have a different mentality to work in Management at UPS. You don't care about people in general. And, most people in management have addiction issues or are sick... too much stress.

Nothing special

Former Employee - Anonymous
    Former Employee - Anonymous

I worked at UPS

Pros

The benefits are nice, and the drivers are protected by a union. The prestige of working for a large company is also a positive when looking for advancement elsewhere.

Cons

Advancement with the company is a slow process. Often drivers must pay their dues and work full time hours with little compensation advancements.

Be less driven with performance metrics and take care of the front line workers (drivers) with adequate advancement.

Great job, Horrible bosses

Current Employee - Early AM Preloader in Edmonton, AB
    Current Employee - Early AM Preloader in Edmonton, AB

I have been working at UPS part-time (less than an year)

Pros

I did the early morning shift and loved that shift for the rest of my life schedule. The guys I worked with were awesome and I loved the physical aspect of unloading the trucks.

Cons

The management is ludicrous. 1 out of the 3 supervisors is just quiet and keeps the peace, mostly. The other 2 are absolute idiots. Both of them were ignorant and barked orders at us like we were dogs. They NEVER once listened to the employees as to what might work better and could care less about safety concerns that were brought up.

Take the time to listen to the people that are doing the grunt jobs. We are the ones in the know because we're there, doing this work every day. Stop promoting people because they've been there a long time - they still have to have supervisor/management skills to be effective in managing people. If they took them time to speak to their employees with respect and actually hear what people have to say, maybe the turnover wouldn't be so high.

Not bad but we should get better pay/raises

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fredericton, NB
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fredericton, NB

I have been working at UPS part-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

- pay is merely ok
    - tuition reimbursment program (but with limitations)
    - flexible
    - some great people to work with but sups/managers are hit and miss
    - various shifts

Cons

- pay is ok but not what it use to be. Use to start employees out at $4-$5 above min wage, now they start at $1 above min wage.
    - tuition reimbursment program only for Computer science or Business students, unfair for other students
    - micromanaged
    - rarely recognize employees - they use to have employee of the month, pizza parties, bbqs, luncheons, prizes, xmas turkey, christmas parties, etc., to motivate and increase moral - management did away with all that about 6-7yrs ago now it's a soul sucker of place to work - extremely low moral
    - recognition, when they do have it, is laughable - useless trinkents people just throw away, waste everyone's time and company money on junk
    - no company christmas parties really hurts moral - even McDonalds has xmas party, nothing for us. Really terrible when all my friends and family get to go to their company xmas party and we don't have one. Multi-billion dollar company and they refuse to have an xmas party for their employees. Come on UP(S - for scrooge)!!
    - management got rid of xmas turkeys
    - try to get supporting departments to the work of other departments ontop of their own work, which is almost impossible

have xmas party for your employee, give decent raises to your employees, we have families too you know!

Overworked

Current Employee - Delivery Driver in Winnipeg, MB
    Current Employee - Delivery Driver in Winnipeg, MB

I have been working at UPS full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Good pay, really wish they wouldnt overwork all their employees

Cons

Way way overworked can't say no to overtime 60-65 hour work week equals no family time.

Hire more drivers spread out the work.

Anonymous

I have been working at UPS full-time

Pros

Stable Company with a long term vision

Cons

Too much Micro Management within

Treat your Sales People well

Overtime Giant

Former Employee - Courier in Calgary, AB
    Former Employee - Courier in Calgary, AB

I worked at UPS full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Good wage, good benefits, union

Cons

No job recognition, not a great job for a family person as you have no life outside of this job except on weekends

Structure the routes better and perhaps the turnover wouldn't be so high. Try working with the better employees to balance a family life.

good after 27 years of service

I have been working at UPS full-time

Pros

working outside has pro and cons but the people are the real nice thing about this job

Cons

ruthless management staff that only have one agenda,them