True Religion Apparel

Updated 8 December, 2014
Updated 8 December, 2014
2.8

David Conn

Pros
  • Nice laid back environment, used to be the best place in LA to work (in 7 reviews)

• Great discount, but not much room for growth (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Terrible Pay unless your a manage, No room to go up unless you leave to a different store (in 8 reviews)

• Everybody looks out for themselves resulting in no room for growth or the ability to advance in areas you would like to learn (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

Premium Fashion Legend

I worked at True Religion Apparel

Pros

Great benefits package, work-life balance and some cool perks.

Cons

No advancement opportunities or encouragement to grow.

Stock clerk

Former Employee - Stock Lead in San Ysidro, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Stock Lead in San Ysidro, CA (US)

I worked at True Religion Apparel part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Customers want to do business with companies they connect with emotionally, that speak their language, are sensitive to their culture, value what they value and help them succeed financially. To make that emotional connection, we must put our customers at the center of everything we do.

We’re a circle, not a hierarchy. At the center of the circle—our customers. Alongside them—our team members. Farther out in the circle are our leaders. At the outside of the circle are senior leaders. All of us partner together to do the best job we can for our customers. We work hard to provide our customer-contact team members with the information they need to “know” our customers, what type of accounts they might have with us and what type of services they might need.

Sales associate

I worked at True Religion Apparel

Pros

There is always room to grow, if is a friendly environment, and team oriented. You always woke up wanting to go to work, as well as eager to learn more.

Cons

Sometimes the managers seem scattered, and not always forward in direction. They were doing their best while some stores were closing down, but it felt like maybe there was no longer room to grow.

Accepted

Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Arlington, VA (US)
    Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Arlington, VA (US)

I have been working at True Religion Apparel full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Pros I interviews with both dm and sm of the company they were both down to earth asked very detailed questions lasted about an hour 15 mins but I got an answer in less than a weeks time

Cons

The cons were I believe the asm salary was a little low but it wasn't bad... Also they don't offer a bonus structure for asm's only sm's

If your in management and want to come aboard be ready to read and be ready to soak a lot of info in at the same time... Not hard just a new system and info to input thru out.

Retail is great, design not so fine

Current Employee - Anonymous in Vernon, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Vernon, CA (US)

I have been working at True Religion Apparel full-time (more than an year)

Pros

-Majority of people are great to work with

Cons

-retail runs the show, design is seriously loosing their voice
    -company downsized and thus everyone left is picking up 2-3 peoples worth of work
    -mostly employ temps for long periods of time without bringing them on full time

-give decent raises and promotions to those who earn it in other depts than retail
    -stop spreading around a budget crisis when a lot of money is wasted in unnecessary events

"Great place to work, until they sold."

Current Employee - Store Manager
    Current Employee - Store Manager

I have been working at True Religion Apparel full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Worked for this company for over four years. It's been a great. They really cared about their people.

Cons

They made a lot of operational changes to save money. However, it did not trickle down to the employees. They spent the money on new dept heads.

Love your people, more.

It was a great place to work

Former Employee - Anonymous
    Former Employee - Anonymous

I worked at True Religion Apparel

Pros

The team environment made the job easy.

Cons

The distance away from my house.

Every store experience will be different

Former Employee - Store Manager in Dallas, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Store Manager in Dallas, TX (US)

I worked at True Religion Apparel full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good pay
    Great corporate involvement
    DM very professional with feedback and coaching
    Benefits are good

Cons

Floor set communication from corporate
    Each store is different but my individual experience was with very unprofessional associates and managers. Maybe the interview process needs to be more thorough.

Do not promote someone who is a good seller into management - they may not have the character to be in management just because they can sell. DM should do more thorough investigations when problems begin to occur in a specific store. Observe for themselves, as you never know what people will do and say to get ahead and to hide insecurities.

Sinking ship..... Hoping to jump off with a lifesaver..

Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager
    Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager

I have been working at True Religion Apparel full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Discount percentage off is very good, but there is a spending limit every month. Offer medical, dental, and vision benefits and a 401k with 4% matching for full time employees only.

Cons

Was bought out by private investors after the board voted the owner out and decided to sell the company. There's very little opportunity for growth, unless you are in the DM's inner circle of people. They also like to bring in new people from the outside to fill in any management position instead of promoting from within to those who deserve and have earned it. The pay/salary they offer now is a joke. They are running in a very tight payroll where it's only 2/2 coverage for the whole day. So they expect you to use minimal coverage for floor set, selling, etc... They are always taking feed back for product, but at the end of the day they still do what they want. The replenishment system is a joke., I've never worked for a company that requires you to create a product request list on merchandise that have sold in the store to send to corporate. This takes a lot of time away from sales floor, when the company should have a faster replenishing system to replenish their stores. You also get made empty promises by the upper management, and I've seen it in dozens of occasion, and have been in it myself. The registers are extremely slow, it's embarrassing when your ringing up customers. Customers do get frustrated when they should be having a fast closing the sale experience. If you are considering this company, I really suggest you think twice about it. There are more cons that I have not written here. Just for the record I am part of a management team not a sales associate and I know of how many others who want to leave this company.

Value your teams, and store management teams. Really promote from within.. Brake up those inner circles of favoritism., blinds you from seeing the people who are truly working hard to advance. Really listen to feed backs...

Bad investment made by a greedy equity firm

Former Employee - Creative in Vernon, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Creative in Vernon, CA (US)

I worked at True Religion Apparel full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

when the original founder was there,it was a fun place to work. good people in general and he kept his employees happy with generous wages and perks.

Cons

Failed restruction. there are no credible ,experienced ,qualified, leaderships from every single dept. the CEO has never done this before,so they had to send him to back to retrain him in a ceo school. poorly misguided by the remaining deadweights and unexperienced management. it all starts from the product and the people in charge of this is very questionable. there should not be a creative director and 2 directors of design to coverup each others flaws ,step up ,if they want to save money ,cut the bait already.

lets face the truth. you guys made a bad investment , if there are any hopes of recovering ,that would be a miracle. the brand has become stale ,out of fashion and it's over. as they say " you can't polish a turd, its still a turd" face the reality and sell it off . you would lose more money trying to keep alive.

True Religion Apparel Photos