True Religion Apparel

Updated 22 July, 2014
Updated 22 July, 2014

2.9

David Conn

Pros
  • Nice laid back environment, used to be the best place in LA to work (in 7 reviews)

• Great discount, but not much room for growth (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Terrible Pay unless your a manage, No room to go up unless you leave to a different store (in 7 reviews)

• Everybody looks out for themselves resulting in no room for growth or the ability to advance in areas you would like to learn (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

headquarter departments work in a chaos with the new management. complete disorder and confusion on a daily bases.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Vernon, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vernon, CA (US)

I worked at True Religion Apparel full-time for less than a year

Pros

best reason to work here would be friendly people. if you get hire full time, it has a good benefits.

Cons

with confusion and chaos it is very difficult to maintain work flow, too many revisions, a lot of overtime is a must to compensate daily work flow. there are no support from management to help with problems way in which each department share and pass information with each departments.

after massive layoffs, there were no plan B. instead, we were left alone without any support to maintain the work flow with all new employees who needed training and with too many temporary people who are coming and leaving, again, retraining... all these effects work.

very bad managemnt

Former Employee - Key Holder  in  Bloomington, MN (US)
    Former Employee - Key Holder in Bloomington, MN (US)

I worked at True Religion Apparel full-time for less than a year

Pros

very bias culture, people who working there are not a good worker

Cons

Store manager talk personal and spread rumors about their co-workers and many drama

Gives great corporate environment experience, but does not believe in their people.

Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager
    Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager

I have been working at True Religion Apparel full-time for more than a year

Pros

Very structured in retail stores. Great for development in manager roles, but you end up working harder than your pay is worth.

Cons

No room for advancement. Prefer to hire from outside, and not internally. Very difficult to move up within company, and receive raises in pay. Does not have an identity with their brand. Trying to steer brand in another direction with hard transitions. Currently is hourly plus commission for all retail stores, however, the company is switching to strictly hourly in May 2014. Very political company.

Believe in your people more, and be on THEIR team. Remember- if you invest in your employees, they will invest in you!

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Could be worse.

I have been working at True Religion Apparel full-time for more than a year

Pros

Weekly paychecks if you're an hourly employee, healthcare and dental benefits.

Cons

illogical structure, which causes more issues than necessary and causes the workflow to be highly inefficient. poor management. difficult to move up or even learn new skills.

communicate with employees, keep them in the loop so everyone is on the same page and has the same expectations/goals. work like a team and less of a competition.

Once a bright company, now going under due to bad corporate decisions.

Former Employee - Key Holder  in  New York, NY (US)
    Former Employee - Key Holder in New York, NY (US)

I worked at True Religion Apparel full-time

Pros

Great opportunity to make extra money in commission if you are a great seller. You can really increase your hourly wage by being aggressive on the sales floor. Which is not such a good thing if that is one of your weaknesses.

Cons

Not much room to grow. Wages keep decreasing for new hires due to company losing its appeal in the fashion industry. Cannot hold on to client base. Same designs of product every season. A current high turn over rate for management, a few years this was not the case.

Increase Salary. You cannot expect great employees to work for such low wages.

Great for temp work

Former Employee - Freelance  in  Vernon, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Freelance in Vernon, CA (US)

I worked at True Religion Apparel as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

Good Pay
    Friendly co-workers
    Flexible schedule
    From a freelancers point of view, the work was straight forward/easy.
    For a high-end, casual apparel company, the work environment was surprisingly calm.

Cons

Although there was very little micro-managing during my time with this company, the management team was very non-communicative in respect to the job that they hired me to do.
    Location is just outside of LA and is not the greatest area.
    Didn't feel that I learned anything new or valuable to make myself marketable for my next job.

Communicate clearly with the new hires, even if they're only there on a contract basis. From my experience, I was told that I was hired for a specific job, but as soon as I got there, the job changed completely.

The little company that almost could...but then they restructured!!!!!

I worked at True Religion Apparel full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Nice laid back environment, used to be the best place in LA to work!

Cons

a revolving door! very political and clicky! Terrible management! Let go of so many hardworking people. and replaced them all with new directors! there are more managers than workers! The way of thinking is to put more pressure on the remaining half of the team and get double the work out of them! it does not work! people are quitting left and right! and the ones that have not quit are looking!

I really used to believe in this company when I first started working here! I was so excited about it all and then the sale and restructuring happened! New CEO has good intentions but is weak and misguided. The senior management are dreamers and out of touch with the reality of what their teams can actually accomplish with the given manpower. all brand history is lost through the "strategic" lay offs! good move guys! stop squeezing the life out of the remaining workers because you have spent all your money hiring directors and assistants for each of them. If you don't take the pressure off your workers and adjust the workload, promote from within, and change the moral pretty soon everyone else will quit too. A little appreciation goes a long way and I don't mean wax museum parties!

Not effective restructuring

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Vernon, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vernon, CA (US)

I have been working at True Religion Apparel full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

now is NOT the time to come work for this company. Wait a year to see if it can successfully restructure.

Cons

More chiefs than Indians. One department has three managers and one worker, seriously?

The cut was in mostly the wrong places. High paying do-nothing people are kept while some hard working efficient people are let go. How could this be? Easy-the do nothing people were the ones made the decisions and of course will save their own positions.

Laidback vibe friendly coworkers and interesting customers

Former Employee - Sales Associate  in  Miami, FL (US)
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Miami, FL (US)

I worked at True Religion Apparel part-time for more than a year

Pros

Great staff and company culture. Feel at home, very easy shifts no stress.

Cons

Takes practically a decade to get promoted, alot of favoritism. Difficult time transferring stores. Horrible New York management very snooty and pretentious.

Go with the best qualified not the best personality

sinking ship no one is steering the ship

Current Employee - Design  in  Vernon, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Design in Vernon, CA (US)

I have been working at True Religion Apparel full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

the original founder (Jeff Lubell) was very good to his employees. he was loyal and control the company with a vision and culture.

Cons

if you have zero talent and have an English accent you can get by without ever working. incompetent and lazy heads of design that never takes on responsibility or accountability.
    lack of communication between departments so, no one knows what is going on. lack of leadership , weak products and stale designs.

really look at the heads of each dept. are they capable ,do they have the drive or the passion to take the brand to the next level ? are the products even relevant. is there a demand?
    cutting valuable people who were the machine of the brand was a bad idea . you get what you pay for. the deadweights who sponges off the company resources needs to go.

Worked for True Religion Apparel? Contribute to the Community!