The Children's Place

The Children's Place Reviews

Updated Jul 22, 2014

The Children's Place President & CEO Jane Elfers

Jane Elfers

Pros
  • Employee discount is good especially since it can be used on all sale and clearance(in 31 reviews)

• Good money, good quality clothing, great discount on the clothes(in 23 reviews)

Cons
  • Associates are expected to train upper management when unqualified management is hired(in 45 reviews)

• Floor set was a week long project with a window change that usually took three people to complete(in 27 reviews)

Great Experience.

Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) Austin, TX (US)

ProsThis is a great job to have if you need a second job or even just something to get you out of the house. Honesty, it's a really easy job to have!

ConsCompensation could definitely be better. They do offer health insurance and such but other than that on benefits, unless you're a Store Manager or higher, you don't get bonuses or much more.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your associates. They know and understand more than you think. Your associates should have more benefits or more incentives. It would help everyone with in the store.

Store Lead

Store Lead (Current Employee) Mishawaka, IN (US)

ProsThere's always room to grow with this company. I was hired in for holiday help and I was promoted to Store Lead a couple months later.

ConsIt's retail so the pay isn't as good as I would like.

Still waiting to here back from the company but so far have had one phone interview. Know excel

Prosinterview was very basic (mainly background information)

Conshaven't started working so nothing thus far

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

The Children's Place

Prosemployee discount, fun atmosphere quality products

Conslousy pay and very little hours

Stay away

Merchandise Planning & Allocation (Former Employee) Secaucus, NJ (US)

ProsThe people are great and try to make TCP a fun place in order to cope with the huge amounts of stress and high expectations.

ConsUnrealistic expectations. Every man /womanfor themselves culture. No teamwork or assistance from managers. Obscene amounts of work. No training. Extremly stressful environment. 0 appreciation for work done or the amount of work it takes do do all of their ad hoc and side projects. Stay Away!!

Advice to Senior ManagementGet a clue. It isn't worth pinching every penny when your entire staff is unhappy. Learn to treat your employees with some respect and appreciate them for their contributions instead of constantly pointing out their failures.

tcp ptsd.

Sales Lead (Former Employee) Lake George, NY (US)

Proscute babies smile at you sometimes and its a great environment for people who need to be doing something all the time. some of the clothes are really fashionable.

Consi literally had ptsd symptoms after working at this brainwashing consumer monster. i worked there for 9 months total.
    being an associate was great, work load was manageable, but i worked very hard to get a promotion and i was offered way less money than i deserved for all the work you really have to do as a sales lead, and no one had time to train me. i couldnt get hours, even as a keyholder. i worked in an outlet and so there were a lot of "vacationers" who were rude and never enough staff to deal w the amount of customers. poorly trained management and everyone bears the pressure from corporate to reach unrealistic sales and conversion goals. the worst part was the emphasis on the rewards program and place credit card, which we are pressured by management to use ruthless methods to obtain. so many girls would come in and work one day, and never show up again. policies are constantly changing and hard to keep up with. i was depended on way too much, even as an associate. and the music will literally make you crazy.

Fun career, never a dull moment.

Store Manager (Current Employee) New York, NY (US)

ProsManagement is open and honest

Consso little time to complete all tasks needed

Advice to Senior Managementmore hours needed to train the right people for their jobs, we stress the right person for the right place at the right time but if they don't walk into the store as that person....we can't invest in them right away without sacrificing time away from our customers

No communication

Store Manager (Former Employee) Phoenix, AZ (US)

Prospay was better than most in retail, quality merchandise

ConsNo communication from upper mgmt, no real growth opportunity

Advice to Senior Managementstop running like a small company, you are not small,

Store Sales Manager

Store Manager (Current Employee) Richmond, VA (US)

ProsExcellent benefits and employee discount program. Flexible schedule and great team. Wonderful product with very little quality issues.

ConsVery little room for advancement once you are a Store Manager. Being a salaried employee leads to working many long hours.

Advice to Senior ManagementImprove communication and project timelines.

Great benifits and work enviornment

Production Manager (Former Employee) Secaucus, NJ (US)

ProsGreat benifits and work environment, good people.

ConsThe lack of structure and leadership. Constant changes in policy and process.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore team building and managment training.

Worked for The Children's Place? Contribute to the Community!