The Canyons Resort

Be The First To
Add Photos

Jeff Zogg

Amazing People

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Park City, UT (US)

ProsThe on-site management team is excellent.

ConsUnfortunately, Canyons has gone corporate.

Corporate Corporate Corporate

ProsGreat health insurance options for full time employees

ConsEverything else! Once Vail Resorts purchased Canyons Resort we lost lots of previous discounts, our pay scale is changing, longtime supervisors were replaced with people that were never seen or accessible.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your employees like humans instead of just another number!

Canyons Resort- Child Care teacher

Child Care Teacher (Current Employee) Park City, UT (US)

ProsFree ski pass, beautiful view, laid back environment, free lunch, variety of children and ages (6 weeks-6 years), sliding down a snowy hill with the kids and riding the gondola. Babysitting for guests at night or on your days off pays very well.

ConsWorking weekends and holiday, $10.50/hr, on-call sometimes, getting over-time hrs is very rare, getting sick (around kids)

Advice to Senior ManagementThey're wonderful and really care. Communication between employee and management is always key.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Benefits don't outweigh the abuse

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsSeason pass, and that is it

ConsPoor work environment, management that degrades and belittles you, no advancement, uncomfortable advances, drinking on the job, peer pressure, management that uses illegal drugs during work hours

Advice to Senior ManagementScreen management better

The Canyons of old was GREAT, But Vail Resorts NOT SO MUCH A GOOD COMPANY....

N/A (Current Employee) Park City, UT (US)

ProsCanyons of Old was amazing, the people the culture superseded 10 fold over Vail resorts idea of culture and values, every part of their Values- do good, do right blah blah and more blah...Vail values are empty word thats all...

ConsVail empty promises....During Transition the company made many errors that made our work&life balance very difficult. So many that when they actually had a great opportunity to do right the company decided agains it.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement of old please look for a brighter place to grow....

Fun job perks and great team.

Director of Public Relations (Current Employee) Park City, UT (US)

ProsThe skiing and the ability to be outside and not always in the office. My boss had full faith in me which was nice so I was able to give well over 100% to my job.

ConsThe lack of vision towards the future for some management.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to think like a person who is visiting your resort from another part the country. Someone who's entire life does not revolve around skiing but for one week it might.

Fun Place to Work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsFree season pass to resort.

Consworking on holidays, pay wasn't great.

Fantastic Experience"

Cook (Former Employee) Park City, UT (US)

ProsGreat resort, great town, lots of snow and lots of fun people. Worked with a great team determined to improve everyone aboard, good training and decent pay

Conskinda hard to get to work from park city, not too many employment perks.

Fun Work Place for those that love the outdoors

Groomer (Current Employee) Park City, UT (US)

ProsFree season passes and fun people to work with. For your first few years moving up is easy if you will work hard and show up on time and sober.

ConsHard to get in to upper managment, there is a good old boys network that is very tight and some depaartment managers whom dont pull their weight seem to skate by due to friendships in senior managment and lack of knolodge in senior managment.

Advice to Senior ManagementRember, to some this is a carreer not just a job for a pass.

watch your back

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosamazing relationships that I fostered over time, some of which I still have, we had fun while I was there

Consthe truth is not something that upper management understands, backstabbing is the new norm, document all conversations

Advice to Senior Managementgo away

Worked for The Canyons Resort? Contribute to the Community!