Terex Reviews

Updated 14 April, 2015
165 reviews filtered by

1. Very friendly and all staff are willing to help in any way.

Current Employee - Technical Support Engineer in Grantham, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Technical Support Engineer in Grantham, England (UK)

I have been working at Terex full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Genie has always been referred to me as the Genie family because it is always a happy environment, everyone works well together and everyone knows how important eachothers job is and so are more willing to 'go that extra mile' to gain the end result. Training has always been very good within the company, I have only been back with the company for three months and iI have already been on five training courses and a further two are planned within the next two months.

Cons

I cannot think of any cons

Dec 03, 2014Admin

Thank you for sharing your feedback on the Terex Glassdoor page. We are glad to hear you are enjoying the many training opportunities available at the Terex UK location. Here at Terex, we strive to ... More

2. Learned a lot, promoted annually, Got sideways with HR and forced out of company.

Current Employee - Manufacturing Engineer III in Moses Lake, WA (US)
    Current Employee - Manufacturing Engineer III in Moses Lake, WA (US)

I have been working at Terex full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Coworkers are the best. Pay is pretty good. Work is varied and fast paced. Benefits are average to industry. Opportunities to make a difference.

Cons

Poor work life balance.
    Engineers required to work a rotating graveyard 6 weeks a year.
    Sporadic plant meetings and announcements things that are not true. Leadership is mostly posturing to be noticed by the Redmond leadership.
    Production worked overtime for the first half of the year, then massive layoffs when the stock dropped after 2nd quarter results were announced (2014)

Advice to Management

While the stock price is important, without the people who build units, the people whose ideas make Genie a brand to be desired, you have nothing. Try focusing on morale and watch the stock price climb as a result.

Dec 19, 2014Admin

On behalf of Terex, I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your experience. It’s good to know that you find your work fulfilling, you enjoy working with your fellow team members and ... More

3. manufacturing engineer

Current Employee - Manufacturing Engineer in Rock Hill, SC (US)
    Current Employee - Manufacturing Engineer in Rock Hill, SC (US)

I have been working at Terex full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Excellent low cost benefits, great work life balance, most of the team members are are really good people!

Cons

The management lacks in common sense and logic most of the time. Probably driven from the top for the typical big company bureaucracy and legal reasons......

Advice to Management

Reverse the above comment if possible. STOP leading and managing all the time via the TEREX managers text book. Lead from your mind, heart and experience..... You don't always have to be sheep.

Many opportunities for growth and development, but bureaucracy and poor support will hold you back.

Current Employee - Manufacturing Engineer I in Redmond, WA (US)
    Current Employee - Manufacturing Engineer I in Redmond, WA (US)

I have been working at Terex full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Most co-workers are hard working and ready to help you solve issues. Great opportunity to gain experience in lean manufacturing. Benefits are very good, including 401k, stock options, profit sharing, two week personal time, and Passport discount card. The quality of training can vary greatly depending on what department you go into.

Cons

Management is knowledgeable, but disconnected from work force and unresponsive. Support structure is poor and bureaucracy can be a great hinderance. There is a revolving door of managers, so you will constantly be dealing with a new boss with different standards.

Advice to Management

Someone needs to stick around long enough to understand their work force.

Oct 16, 2014Admin

Thank you for sharing your comments on the Terex Glassdoor page. We are glad to hear that you are pleased with the Terex benefits plan. Regarding our managers, we have recently rolled out a new ... More

6. great people to work with

Former Employee - Returns Clerk in Southaven, MS (US)
    Former Employee - Returns Clerk in Southaven, MS (US)

I worked at Terex full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

great location great pay and nice people

Cons

none have no problem with company

Advice to Management

management was great at this company

Disappointing

Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at Terex (less than a year)

Pros

Ability to work in a small town and small plant which is wonderful.

Cons

HR in the plant I work at treats the employees like they are a nuisance to her. Multiple errors in the new employee set up process, some were intentional.

Dec 03, 2014Admin

Thank you for sharing your feedback on the Terex Glassdoor page. Your opinion of Terex is important to us and we would like to share your feedback with the appropriate location. If you would like ... More

Great working experience. Tons of opportunity to grow.

I have been working at Terex full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Company perks, learning development programs, knowledgable managers, team members

Cons

Company needs a better stream line communication in process. Too many people doing the same job - tend to overlap quite a bit.

Advice to Management

Focus more on your team members from the bottom up, not the other way around.

9. Average Experience so far

I have been working at Terex

Pros

Pay and benefits are the reason to work here. The work is generally simple and not challenging, but at this time in my life i'm not looking for challenging work. Iw ant good pay and benefits and time with my family. Terex is a good place to work if that's what's important to you. here is room for Growth too, if you work hard and are interested in that kind of thing.

Cons

See above. There isn't a challenge in the work that I do, which can sometimes cause me to be a little disengaged. Also, this is one of the smaller companies in this industry, and it's not always great to be the underdog.

Advice to Management

Try to find more ways to compete with the big boys out there. It will make for a stronger future.

Terex - Lack of Leadership

I worked at Terex full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Pay and Benefits are comparable with other companies; health plan is really good. Safety environment seems to be consistent with industry standards.

Cons

No ife-work balance. Company has values and provides lip service to them but doesn't followthrough on them. Management is management but no leadership exist. Told "contract employees" their jobs were secure then 2 weeks later lay off over 100; number has grown since then. Employees are encouraged to make quality, safety improvements - however unless management can make it "thier" idea suggestions are ignored.

Advice to Management

Be leaders and show loyalty that you ask for to the employees. Organization will only be mediocore as long as the Good Ole Boy Network exist within the company.

Oct 16, 2014Admin

On behalf of Terex, I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your experience. Servant Leadership is one of our core values at Terex, which means we believe in asking our team members ... More

Employee powered company with no support for managers

I worked at Terex

Pros

Great pay - could just show up and do average and be extraordinary

Cons

If you did too much you were frowned on

Advice to Management

By giving so much power to your workforce when they aren't even unionized you actually make it harder for your management team to do their positions