Telefónica Reviews

Updated 18 August, 2014

3.4

Telefónica President Cesar Alierta
Cesar Alierta

Pros
  • Nice culture overall (just not in the team I was working in) and work life balance (in 20 reviews)

• Promote flexible working / allow working from home, where role permits (in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • Faceless organisation where if you work in the extremities then you don't get a look-in from senior management (in 9 reviews)

• Lack of appreciation and work life balance (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

Great place to work if you are willing to challenge yourself

I have been working at Telefónica full-time

Pros

They really want you to succeed but you have to be willing to work hard and push yourself. Fully supportive of taking risks. People do well if they produce results consistently. From a culture point of view they are totally people focused (as much as any company is)

Cons

Its a big company now and change can take a long time.

Stick to the plan

Good

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Bogotá, Bogota (Colombia)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bogotá, Bogota (Colombia)

I have been working at Telefónica full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Growing and partnership, is a multinational enterprise

Cons

Rotation and the booses are very impositive

Great conditions, poor career development.

Current Employee - Engineer  in  Madrid (Spain)
    Current Employee - Engineer in Madrid (Spain)

I have been working at Telefónica full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great place in terms of working hours, salary, benefits and pressure. Company with a presence in 20 countries, so it is possible to relocate. Superb office and good work atmosphere.

Cons

Very large company, few opportunities to make an impact on your own. Poor career development, as you are assigned a task and can be doing that for ages. Even though it has presence in many countries, it does not operate as a multinational, but pretty much as local companies bundled together.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great company and wonderful colleagues - Telefonica O2 Czech Republic

Former Employee - Marketing Analyst  in  Prague (Czech Republic)
    Former Employee - Marketing Analyst in Prague (Czech Republic)

I worked at Telefónica part-time for less than a year

Pros

I was lucky to work with amazing colleagues who were always willing to share their knowledge and know-how with me. I didn´t work that hard and my salary was more than competitive.Company bonuses are exceptional.

Cons

it was quite difficult to get promotion or get an important point across. My boss ignored my opinion and rather listened to senior workers even though their ideas weren´t always that clever.

Give young and motivated workers more space for develompent .

Great company

I worked at Telefónica

Pros

People focused
    Great culture
    Lots of training
    Fast moving

Cons

Tough industry but makes for a more challenging role

Keep it up

Dishonest Organization, Dishonest Management

Former Employee - Product Manager  in  Mountain View, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Product Manager in Mountain View, CA (US)

I worked at Telefónica full-time for more than a year

Pros

You don't have to think very much to work here. Although you will have to do a lot of PPTs. A LOT OF THEM.

Cons

Entire company motivated by politics. Flavor-of-the-month HR and workplace initiatives that are always a decade behind. No real focus on productivity. Management is primarily managing their careers, not their people. Company is dishonest with hiring and salary practices. I was promised one thing for bonuses and given something entirely different and far worse. Pay raises are meager and out of step with the going rate in California (why I left). When I left, the company tried to cheat me out of my accrued vacation as salary and break California law in the process. (Yes, they seem to have given no thought nor do they care about state labor laws). For context, this is the first time in my life I have left a company on bad terms.

Focus on people first, products second, results third and money last. Stop playing politics.

Terrible team

Former Employee - Marketing  in  Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)
    Former Employee - Marketing in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I worked at Telefónica full-time for more than a year

Pros

Nice culture overall (just not in the team I was working in) and work life balance. The office is nice and it is a cool industry.

Cons

The team I worked with was full of backstabbing pretentious people who knew nothing about how to make a new business work. They tried to create office politics to cover the fact that they lacked the talent to be able to do their job properly. The project we were working on was exciting, it is a pity the team were always so negative and clueless.

Manager just clocked in and out and had no idea how to build team morale. Her solution was for people to work from home on different days so we could avoid seeing each other.

Senior management should hire team managers who can solve problems instead of shying away from addressing them.

For the once great O2 things are changing

Current Employee - Marketing Analyst  in  Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Marketing Analyst in Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England (UK)

I have been working at Telefónica full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

To be honest I'd say the people still make it and there is great flexibility, so working from home is not a problem

Cons

Things are getting a bit tight, so look forward to getting some pretty old kit, out of date software and they don't appear to be investing in either people or equipment

Focus on the customer, not just the brand. Invest in kit to equip and empower your staff to do great work as they want to.

Very good

I worked at Telefónica

Pros

Plenty of earning opportunity and was able to progress to assistant branch manager within eighteen months. Very supportive team too.

Cons

Faceless organisation where if you work in the extremities then you don't get a look-in from senior management. Before I left they started to squeeze rewards structure and their mystery shopping should never have been the decider on whether a bonus is paid or not. It put too much pressure on staff.

Review staff rewards and client feedback models.

Very good company to work for

Former Employee - Strategy Consultant  in  Munich (Germany)
    Former Employee - Strategy Consultant in Munich (Germany)

I worked at Telefónica as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

The firm offer very good opportunities to learn with freedom within boundaries. Employees enjoy good social environment and are with lots of energy and passion for work.

Cons

The hardest thing for every firm is not only to set up the right corporate mission and vision, but to align those to the people, and furthermore, to make all employees to start believing in their firm’s value and mission. This is not so well elaborated internally, therefore external picture is respectively adequate to the internal one.

Worked for Telefónica? Contribute to the Community!