Telefónica

Telefónica Reviews

Updated Jul 23, 2014

Telefónica President Cesar Alierta

Cesar Alierta

Pros
  • Nice culture overall (just not in the team I was working in) and work life balance(in 20 reviews)

• Promote flexible working / allow working from home, where role permits(in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • Faceless organisation where if you work in the extremities then you don't get a look-in from senior management(in 9 reviews)

• Lack of appreciation and work life balance(in 4 reviews)

For the once great O2 things are changing

Marketing Analyst (Current Employee) Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England (UK)

ProsTo be honest I'd say the people still make it and there is great flexibility, so working from home is not a problem

ConsThings are getting a bit tight, so look forward to getting some pretty old kit, out of date software and they don't appear to be investing in either people or equipment

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on the customer, not just the brand. Invest in kit to equip and empower your staff to do great work as they want to.

Very good

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsPlenty of earning opportunity and was able to progress to assistant branch manager within eighteen months. Very supportive team too.

ConsFaceless organisation where if you work in the extremities then you don't get a look-in from senior management. Before I left they started to squeeze rewards structure and their mystery shopping should never have been the decider on whether a bonus is paid or not. It put too much pressure on staff.

Advice to Senior ManagementReview staff rewards and client feedback models.

Very good company to work for

Strategy Consultant (Former Employee) Munich (Germany)

ProsThe firm offer very good opportunities to learn with freedom within boundaries. Employees enjoy good social environment and are with lots of energy and passion for work.

ConsThe hardest thing for every firm is not only to set up the right corporate mission and vision, but to align those to the people, and furthermore, to make all employees to start believing in their firm’s value and mission. This is not so well elaborated internally, therefore external picture is respectively adequate to the internal one.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great place to work, but has its issues also

Researcher (Current Employee) Barcelona (Spain)

ProsGreat colleagues, great research environment. You will learn a lot.

ConsManagement could be better. At times you feel like a spanish civil servant.

Brilliant place to work always

Outbound Sales (Current Employee) Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

ProsScope for promotion is huge here

ConsTough economic conditions in europe

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to invest in peoople where possible

Tech support

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsDecent salary for the work you're doing

ConsNo work satisfaction or scope for progression

O2 lost it's way

Store Leader (Former Employee)

ProsGood systems and processes in place.

ConsToo many changes and losing good staff left right and centre

Advice to Senior ManagementRestructuring isn't always the answer.

Gained lots of great experience, met fantastic people, now far too corporate

IT Project Manager (Former Employee) Leeds, England (UK)

ProsI worked there over 10 years, went through multiple company changes (BtCellnet, O2, Telefónica), as well as countless re-shuffles, downsize, threatening of outsourcing, etc. and everyone I spoke to would say the best in the place were the people.
    They use technology well (bring your own devices, yammer, Lync, etc.)
    Promote flexible working / allow working from home, where role permits

ConsProcesses slow down progress / too much red tape
    HQ (Madrid) & Procurement (Germany) squeezing every last penny / resource out of suppliers
    Yearly threat of loosing job due to 'transformations'
    Processes change far too frequent, not allowing time to adapt / adopt.

TELEFONICA INTERNATIONAL USA, Inc. Department of communications & Public Affairs

Assistant (Current Employee) New York, NY (US)

ProsI'm learnig a lot about the language, team work, telecoms, communication too.

ConsI've the visa just until May 2014

Advice to Senior ManagementI am very enthusiastic with all I do, cheerful and active. I consider myself very good at public relations and customer service.
    I am looking for an opportunity to start and develop mi professional career to demonstrate all I can bring. Please don’t hesitate to get in contact with me if you think my profile can suit your needs.

Professional Growth

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood experience. A lot of knowledge to gather locally an regionally. It's a very diverse company

ConsToo political. Not a very technical job

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on customers

Worked for Telefónica? Contribute to the Community!