Tavistock Restaurants

1.7

Tavistock Restaurants CEO Bryan Lockwood
Bryan Lockwood

Lack of Transparency, Promises Unkept, Constant Change to Management

I worked at Tavistock Restaurants as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

I've heard that over the past year, it was great to work here because things were happening and campaigns were running. However, that pretty much stopped when I arrived, and I had no idea.

Cons

There isn't much passion in the employees nor innovation to do more with the brands.

Horrible,Horrible company to work for.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

I have been working at Tavistock Restaurants part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

It's a job. It still pays fairly well considering it's an all gratuity job.

Cons

Tavistock just doesn't care at all for it's line employees. They have demonstrated this attitude towards us time and time again. I'f your considering a job with this corp. look elsewhere if you value your pride and self esteem.

Grow a pair Tavistock , and show that you do care about your employees and not just your bottom line.

Laid off due to office closure---thankfully.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Emeryville, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Emeryville, CA (US)

I worked at Tavistock Restaurants full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The wages were fine, though I worked there for three years & still left without making the median income of the city we were based in.

Cons

Absolutely toxic environment with very few perks. Very low morale around corporate office. Instead of having working systems put in place, we were forced to cobble together broken systems and hope for the best.

Take value in your employees from the bottom to the top. They're the ones padding your pockets.

Worst Company I've Ever Worked For

Current Employee - Sever in Los Gatos, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Sever in Los Gatos, CA (US)

I have been working at Tavistock Restaurants part-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

It's employment. That's about it.

Cons

TERRIBLE MANAGEMENT: they take employees' tips, extort money from the staff, adjust employees' time cards, sit in the office when it's busy and they are consistently unable to execute proper hiring and training. The management at the corporate level is just as bad.

Stop breaking labor laws, stop being lazy, learn basic business skills and invest in REAL MANAGERS & RESTAURANT PROFESSIONALS.

Good job with Downfalls

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Emeryville, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Emeryville, CA (US)

I have been working at Tavistock Restaurants full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Colleagues are one of the best people to work around. Get to eat at the company restaurants every month. Learned a lot about accounting in the past 2 years.

Cons

Company went through several changes in the years I have worked here. Salaries aren't the best but you learn a lot.
    Currently outsourcing all accounting to Kansas.

Please learn to treat your employees like people and not robots.

Bussing at the Coach Grill

Current Employee - Busser in Wayland, MA (US)
    Current Employee - Busser in Wayland, MA (US)

I have been working at Tavistock Restaurants part-time (more than an year)

Pros

good pay for part time

Cons

staff changes a lot, not much connection with management, a lot of work, training

Get more in touch with employees

the worse company!!!!

Former Employee - Server
    Former Employee - Server

I worked at Tavistock Restaurants part-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

there are no best reasons to work for this company. I work part-time for almost 8 years, I wanted to quit so many times....but I just need some extra cash in my pocket (I like to save for different reasons) . I was never appreciated , I was never late for my shift, ....maybe I was to serious for that place, people started to hate me....

Cons

dealing with low class people, bad management

treat you good employee with respect, appreciated them. I am glad I am out of there and frustrated in the same time, they did not deserve me!!

Boys Club

Former Employee - Tavistock Shift Manager
    Former Employee - Tavistock Shift Manager

I worked at Tavistock Restaurants full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The environment in the restaurant was usually upbeat and exciting; diversity of staff; no two days were alike

Cons

Lack of value placed in long-term employees; promotional opportunities are very limited, especially for women in this organization

Place a little more value on the people in the trenches. In our unit, people who run the daily operations seem to be ignored until there's a problem. Sometimes feels like middle school with the "us versus them" mentality between Corporate and the rest of the company. You have a great product but you also have to keep your people happy and interested in promoting it.

napa valley grille los angeles server job

Former Employee - Server in Los Angeles, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Server in Los Angeles, CA (US)

I worked at Tavistock Restaurants full-time (more than an year)

Pros

decent money at night, for a corporation they were pretty nice. Food is really good

Cons

working a lunch shift is fast paced and stressful with very little money and you have to pay for parking. intense server training.

Be nice to the lunch servers, they are making very little money for the work and training that is involved. Don't give pop quizes.

The Worst Restaurant Company

I have been working at Tavistock Restaurants

Pros

Food, location, tips. However, the few pros are far outweighed by the numerous cons of this company.

Cons

All the bad reviews for this company are all accurate. Tavistock is the worst restaurant company. It is so incredibly behind its competition. The standards that have been commonplace at other restaurants for decades are not practiced here. It is the lowest employee morale and everyone wants to quit. Some of the many reasons why:

— No growth opportunities, no raises, and no promotions.

— Tyrannical management style. Employees are yelled at and harassed daily.

— Management not properly trained in dealing with people, employees and customers.

— Payroll checks regularly shorted; employees have to fight for pay for hours already worked.

— Two weeks notice not honored; those who quit told to leave immediately without pay.

— No work-life balance. They want you to be married to your job and are blatantly hostile to employees with families.

— Excessively high turnover rate. They are constantly advertising for new employees at every level. Positions are unfilled for months so skeleton crews have to do the work of 2 or 3 people with no bump in pay.

Keep up with the times and do some research about what every other restaurant company is doing today to retain employees and comply with current labor laws. You need serious updating and overhauling of your systems and upper management training. The word is out about your company and the quality people you need will not even consider you as a serious employment option.