TRW Automotive

TRW Automotive Reviews

Updated Jul 14, 2014

TRW Automotive Chairman of the Board, President and CEO John C. Plant

John C. Plant

Pros
  • good salary good people place to learn on seem to make smart business decisions (in 7 reviews)

• Good place to learn and grow in the automotive industry (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Horrible work/ life balance, your home is just a place to store your stuff (in 3 reviews)

• Limited career growth opportunities (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

Machining & Assembly....above & beyond the call of duty!!!

Production Associate (Former Employee) Tillsonburg, ON

ProsClean. A lot of hands on minor maintenance & adjustments. Can learn a lot about quality. Promotes from within. Good team enviroments. Voluntary overtime.

ConsSome benefit & pay roll backs over the last few years. 3 shift rotation on a weekly basis. Supervisors don't always follow up issues discussed at team meetings.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake care of your employees, they make the products.

Distant Management, Race to the bottom

Assembler (Current Employee) Windsor, ON

ProsUnionized location, good people to work beside

ConsManagement is out of touch, focus on quantity over quality

Advice to Senior ManagementStart focusing on quality so that long term relationships can be maintained with suppliers. Start treating your employees like they matter and your attendance issue might dissapear.

Cheapest company to work for, horrible management.

Machine/Assembly Technician (Current Employee) Tillsonburg, ON

ProsThe people I worked with on my line were great to work with, in fact a lot of machine operators are very friendly people and work hard. Not a lot of heavy lifting.

ConsVery unfair treatment of employees. Ripping off their annual raise. Very cheap company to work for. Their machines are broken, and instead of fixing them properly they just "bandage" the situation and hope it goes away. The health and safety of employees is their last concern. The Metal working fluids they use to machine their parts is full of bacterias and mold, and makes a lot of employees ill. Their "union" is a joke. a waste of $60 a month. Use of contract employees, going through a process of hiring on contract employees full time, but seems very biased. Noticing a lot of women with low cut shirts getting hired. Already pissed of GM enough that they are not allowed to bid on new contracts with them, had to resort to BMW and keeping existing GM lines. Talk among a lot of employees on the floor about the plant possibly going under in a few years. Always running out of components and missing shipment, and management always blames the operators, when in reality, it's management not ordering enough components or not allowing proper maintenance of their machines, thus a lot of machine downtime!! Also, noticing some lines won't have any work all week, yet I see them get mandated every saturday. Totally wrong and should not be allowed.

Advice to Senior ManagementHow about you smarten the hell up before you all lose your jobs? learn to take care of your employees.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

John Plant needs to wake up before it's too late!

Machine/Assembly Technician (Current Employee) Saint Catharines, ON

ProsIt's close to home for me.

ConsManagement has it's collective head up it's ass.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf TRW expects floor empoyee's and salaried to make concessions then John Plant should seriously consider relinquishing about 95% of his grotesque $19 Million dollar "compensation package".

ok

Manufacturing (Current Employee) Fowlerville, MI (US)

Prosnice working conditions and they provided uniforms.

ConsTo many bosses getting involved

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat People better

Interesting

Finance (Current Employee) Farmington Hills, MI (US)

ProsMore challenging/rewarding work, work with good people.

ConsBuilding condition, building layout/functionality, lack of actual cubes for each employee, Corporate lacks the benefits and employee appreciation of comparable companies/competitors.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlace a higher degree of value on employees.

Great place to work!

Manager (Current Employee) Livonia, MI (US)

ProsTRW allows me to work on projects where I am able to interact with all levels within the company. There has been plenty of career opportunities available as well. Hard working people who really care about what we do and the products we make.

ConsTRW is a fast paced working environment and you have to be able to handle multiple tasks at one time. If you are unable to thrive in this type of environment, then this may not be a good fit

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to invest back into the company.

Good working experience in an Automotive company.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe pros of the position include flexible working hours and friendly people who help you out whenever needed.

ConsHave not been working there long enough to specify. The training side of things could be improved.

Great place to grow your career

Senior Manager (Current Employee) Livonia, MI (US)

ProsTRW is a large, global company. If you are looking for a place where you can learn, be challenged, and grow your career, this is the company to join. I have always been able to make a move/take on a new role when I was ready for a change. I have been able to maintain adequate work life balance.

ConsTRW is very lean. Resources are not abundant and if you are a manager, you must be willing to roll up your sleeves and work - not just manage - not a con for me but is for some others.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest in more robust, global systems.

The Most Disappointing Experience in My Career

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

ProsChallenging fast paced work. Travel. Great colleagues once away from management so they could do their job without being micromanage or abused.

ConsManagement treated the team worse than dogs. I have never been yelled at so much or with so much anger in my life, including 4 years active duty service. The manager treated the whole team with such anger the mood in the office was of fear only. The abuse was reported to HR and nothing changed. I would have thought the daily swearing at the team would have brought a quick disciplinary action but the abuse was ignored. I was told by the Anger Management problem manager's boss to keep my mouth shut and "just take the money". Disgusting...

Advice to Senior ManagementAnger management for problem managers as metrics do not justify the abuse.

Worked for TRW Automotive? Contribute to the Community!