TIBCO Software Reviews

• Part-time
Employment Status

Reset

1. Consultant

Former Employee - Consultant in Palo Alto, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Consultant in Palo Alto, CA (US)

I worked at TIBCO Software

Pros

Access to a lot of big name customers all over the world. Ability to engage in large scale projects and have real impact.

Cons

Complicated internally with a lot of moving parts. A lot of products to manage. A lot of politics at play internally.

Advice to Management

Simplify the internal focus to free up more time for work and customers. There are a lot of great people at Tibco that enjoy what they do.

2. Good place to nurture your skills!

Current Employee - Member of Technical Staff in Pune (India)
    Current Employee - Member of Technical Staff in Pune (India)

I have been working at TIBCO Software full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great people to work with. Starting salary is also okay. Working environment is nice and there are a variety of products to get into.

Cons

Management and appraisals need to improve. The products which are doing well impart good increments to the respective teams which isn't fair. Instead whole company's profit should be divided equally during appraisals (stable products don't need extensive work, unstable products do :))

Mediocrity breeds mediocrity

Former Employee - Maharastra in Pune (India)
    Former Employee - Maharastra in Pune (India)

I worked at TIBCO Software

Pros

Good people, Open startup-like work culture.
    Flexible working hours and good work life balance.
    Innovation and new ideas are always encouraged here.

Cons

Little or no training is imparted to employees.
    Appraisal process is chaotic due to lack of transparency, with too many middle management connections.
    Brown-nosing, curry favoring rules with most middle managers.

Advice to Management

Focus on retaining good talent.
    Mentoring should be made a must for new hires at every level.

Good place to work if you have a good manager

I worked at TIBCO Software

Pros

Good people. Good place to work for if you have a good manager.

Cons

Salary is not competitive. Manager was a psychopath who made the environment unhealthy.

Advice to Management

Please make sure you hire the right individual who not only has a "can do" attitude but who is also the best fit within the organization.

Company has fallen and can't get up

Former Employee - Senior Solutions Consultant
    Former Employee - Senior Solutions Consultant

I worked at TIBCO Software full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Very few. A great company lost its way. If you want to dirty your resume up, then you've come to the right place.

Cons

Acquiring companies and then not integrating into the full stack is a poor plan. The acquired eventually goes stale without the necessary engineering resources.

Advice to Management

Vista, letting management survive the takeover was a REALLY bad decision. You think a few Vista papers are going to fix this mess? Good job getting 100M discount up front. Chop it up and get what else you can before the stale technology is completely irrelevant.

7. Very good

Former Employee - Senior Software Developer in Pune (India)
    Former Employee - Senior Software Developer in Pune (India)

I worked at TIBCO Software full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

work life balance, good pay and appraisals

Cons

work quality, senior management, onsite

Great place to work. Good benefits, good atmosphere, good opportunities.

Current Employee - Marketing in Palo Alto, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Marketing in Palo Alto, CA (US)

I have been working at TIBCO Software

Pros

I've worked at TIBCO through a number of transitions, and I feel like we're at our best state right now. For the first time in over 5 years, I feel completely confident with our CEO, our head of engineering, our head of sales, and our CMO. While I've seen many executives who are either out of touch with employees, or who don't do much work, our current group probably puts in more hours of work, than a majority of the employees. I know they all care about the company, they know the products, know what we have to do to succeed, and they truly care about the employees. I don't know too many CEOs who will stop and talk with employees in the hallway, or even eat in the same cafe. I feel like the right people are finally in place to take advantage of our place in the market, and take advantage of becoming a private company.

On a completely separate note, I feel TIBCO has better benefits than any other company I've worked at, matches 401k, has a transparent bonus and focal plan in place, and has always provided great promotion opportunities - for those who earn it, or seize those opportunities.

Cons

I feel some employees have developed a very negative attitude over the last couple years, and no matter how positive things get, still see only the bad side. I agree that in the past there has been poor direction from the top, but pieces are in place now, to fix those issues.

Advice to Management

Keep giving clear information to employees. Employees appreciate leaders who have a plan, give direction to implement that plan, and acknowledge the employees to work hard to see the plan through.

9. Good company

I have been working at TIBCO Software

Pros

Nice work culture and salary.

Cons

Need to include processes for appraisal etc.

Mature organization

Former Employee - Senior Sales Consultant in Paris (France)
    Former Employee - Senior Sales Consultant in Paris (France)

I worked at TIBCO Software full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

TIBCO is fast forward turning into a very mature organization. Processes are now in place for applying for and recording vacation time.

TIBCO pays decent salaries relative to the quality of people they hire. Given the reputation the company has in the job market they are getting desperate. We will see opportunity for car sales men to join as account executives.

The hierarchy is much flatter than it was before the takeover. A lot of useless managers, directors, VPs had to go to make room for the cronies of the new top management. The cost base is leaner as expensive older staff has been laid off or are leaving. There is a now a lot of room for ambitious second rate people to manage the third rate people now joining.

As products have been streamlined along with the realms of the product managers you can now happily be the product expert for your favorite niche. Wider technology expertise is no longer a requirement for a job at TIBCO.

There are a few good reasons why you may want to join TIBCO
    a) You are good at making noise in the sales organization.
    b) You are good at hiding from real work and gate tailing into successful deals.
    c) You are Indian and in need of a Visa.

Cons

Nothing. Margin and revenue are on target.

Advice to Management

Stop dreaming you were Steve Jobs.

consultant

Current Employee - Consultant in Warsaw (Poland)
    Current Employee - Consultant in Warsaw (Poland)

I have been working at TIBCO Software (More than a year)

Pros

Tibco is not a common corporation, which is good because I feel really good working with everybody from the company. Most important thing your is attitude, so it is easy to work from somebody from different country because evry employer have something similar.

Cons

Long projects, hard to move/change to different one. Managers are looking on the revenue, not what is important for you.

RSS Feed </> Embed