TIBCO Software Reviews

Updated 21 October, 2014
3.8

TIBCO Software Chairman, President, and CEO Vivek Y. Ranadivé
Vivek Y. Ranadivé

Pros
  • good work-life balance (may be this depends on which team you work for) (in 23 reviews)

• Awesome with respect to payments and work culture (in 24 reviews)

Cons
  • Some roles are particularly demanding, so work-life balance is not always achievable (in 13 reviews)

• Senior Management is "taken care of" which is clear from company reports and company "filings" (in 14 reviews)

More Highlights

Upper Management Clueless

I have been working at TIBCO Software full-time

Pros

Amazingly talented people working at lower and mid-level. A few good people in the upper-level positions. Great on-site cafeteria and fitness center. Good, kind people to work with. Interesting product ideas, even if not always implemented well.

Cons

Pay is usually quite a bit under market value, bonuses are slim. True appreciation for work that is above-and-beyond the call of duty is rarely truly recognized. CEO is more interested in his sports team than his company. Upper management are an old-boy network. Occasionally they will replace people in upper-management positions, but always people who think exactly the same way and tow the same line. Upper-management thinking is always short-term, with no true long-term thinking. Executives completely out of touch with the people on the front lines and in the ditches. Constant worry about the next quarter's goals, while sacrificing the long-term quality of the product. They once had high-quality, robust products. Now they mostly push out products that are not ready for production in the name of "revenue recognition", often spelling the death of products with a lot of potential.

Get with it. The people that build your products really do know what is most wrong with the company, but you aren't ready to listen. Sometimes you have to take a hit with bad numbers one quarter to get the right product out there. In the end, a solid quality product will make MUCH more money than the severely-discounted, not-yet-ready product you push off onto your customers. And remember that every customer you burn with this scheme is a customer that will not come back to TIBCO for other products. Let us build the products that they should be. Sometimes you have to spend money to make money. Get some people with a new way of thinking into some executive positions. It's what's most sorely needed in this company.

Great Company to Work For

Current Employee - Digital Marketing Specialist in Palo Alto, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Digital Marketing Specialist in Palo Alto, CA (US)

I have been working at TIBCO Software full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I started working at TIBCO straight out of college as a digital marketing intern. I had a lot to learn, and I can easily say that at my time here at TIBCO, I don't think I could have learned more anywhere else. You are surrounded by a lot of creative and intelligent people who have a lot of experience and know what they are doing. Everyone supports one another, and the benefits are great as well. I would recommend working there to anyone.

Cons

The cafe gets extremely crowded and they just increased the price of food there by quite a bit.

Ok

I worked at TIBCO Software

Pros

Friendly coworkers and nice office

Cons

Unqualified manager for someone is referred and got hired after a 15 minutes interview.

Wok and place review

I have been working at TIBCO Software full-time

Pros

Awesome company to work,with good company culture,good benefits.

Cons

They should open a office in NCR India.

Great company to work for

I have been working at TIBCO Software full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Tibco offers great opportunities for continuous learning.The work environment is really good , work life balance is great .

Cons

Compensation and benefits are not as expected.

A good place to work & learn

Current Employee - Senior Support Engineer in Pune (India)
    Current Employee - Senior Support Engineer in Pune (India)

I have been working at TIBCO Software full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

- Lots of learning opportunities
    - You'll get a glimpse of latest trends
    - Work culture is also great
    - Good work/life Balance
    - nice medical/other benefits

Cons

- You may get loaded if your colleague leaves as there won't be any hiring done for quite sometime
    - Poor Training management. Classroom training can change/cancel & may not be arranged for long time (However, TEN material is awesome)
    - Salary increments (appraisals) are not significant/good. Even promotions won't make a big change in your salary

- Training should be managed appropriately.
    - Apart from following industry trend in terms of other process/benefits (like notice period) we should also make sure that increments/promotion process are also in par with them
    - There should be freedom of discussing package. I believe, hiding it within company only creates a bad impression about company
    - Benefits should be given as per experience (need not be considered at joining only)

Awful company

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA (US)

I worked at TIBCO Software full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I worked with some smart people but they lack long term vision. Product is good but company is mismanaged. The company went private and job security was nil. Gym, cafeteria etc are good.

Cons

They are highly disorganized and lack vision. They hire and fire, this company DOES not care at all for employees. It's better to work as a contractor here. HR is highly unresponsive especially in the hiring stages. There is no flexibility to work from home. You earn no PTO and if you don't end up taking paid vacation after months of working, you simply lose it. You have to lick the feet of management to keep your job. Overall, I would not recommend this company to anyone.

The facts and under-performance speak for themselves

Current Employee - Software Engineer
    Current Employee - Software Engineer

I have been working at TIBCO Software full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good starting salary, that's about all I can say.

Cons

Clueless upper-management. They currently have people who barely speak English (as their first language) presenting to C-level execs and set a bad tone with employees as well as potential net-new customers...which are scarce. Even before the announcement of going private, there was/is a culture of back-stabbing, "not my problem" and blaming the previous guard, even though the newer execs have no gains in revenue to show for their tenure.

This is exactly what happens when you stop taking the business seriously. Shuffling execs around to make it look like you are doing something new and firing key salespeople to bring in yes-men/cronies is exactly how you lose credibility with your marquis accounts. The dye is cast; TIBCO will not be around in the same form this time next year anyway, so the point is now moot.

Ship going nowhere

I have been working at TIBCO Software (more than an year)

Pros

Good technology and smart employees. Nice HQ location, benefits.

Cons

Senior and middle management clueless. Many directors and VPs don't even deserve to be first-line managers.

Dump unwanted products and consolidate brand identity around some products. Don't try to be a jack of all trades.

Good at the beginning

I have been working at TIBCO Software full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Café on site. Learning opportunities. Some places for advancement. Friendly people over all, every place has it's bad apples.

Cons

Management turned a blind eye to issues.

React quicker to issues. Eliminate the road block people sooner instead of after people start leaving because of them.