TIBCO Software

TIBCO Software Reviews

Updated Apr 16, 2014

TIBCO Software Chairman, President, and CEO Vivek Y. Ranadivé

Vivek Y. Ranadivé

Pros:
  • "good work-life balance (may be this depends on which team you work for)"
    in 16 reviews
  • "Even though TIBCO is such a large company, the work environment is a lot like a start-up"
    in 21 reviews
Cons:
  • "Some roles are particularly demanding, so work-life balance is not always achievable"
    in 12 reviews
  • "Senior Management is "taken care of" which is clear from company reports and company "filings""
    in 14 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Chaotic, in a nice way

Architect (Current Employee)
Pune (India)

I have been working at TIBCO Software full-time for more than 5 years

ProsThere are a few things very interesting about working for TIBCO. It is a big company ( > $1b in revenue, 4000+ employees) that feels small (everyone knows everyone, very startup-like culture). It is not a company where you look for linear growth, you either remain stagnant or rise high and rise fast. There is a lot of focus on customer satisfaction, and in general the quality of work is very good. It is a place of innovators. Even if your job is "boring", the amount of smart people you come across in your daily lives whether they are in India or Palo Alto is amazing.

The learning is amazing. Whether it's technology, or management, or political dynamics of a customer, there's lots and lots to learn. What you learn in TIBCO in a year is what you'll learn in other companies in two or three years.

The best thing about working for TIBCO is that there is a lot of freedom for you to do what you think is right for your customer(s) and for the company. This includes flying in to visit them and solve an escalation, taking an initiative outside the scope of the customer for personal improvement or taking your team out for a good dinner because they work hard for you.

ConsTIBCO is not a paymaster, and money talks in the outside market. Those who work for TIBCO are done chasing big money unless they are very senior management. Those who work for TIBCO are basically motivated by other things: quality of work, self-esteem, ability to innovate - but not money, because money alone as a parameter will fetch better paying jobs.

TIBCO also has a very Palo Alto feel to it. It brings a good startup culture, but every region is different and sometimes very senior management do not respect cultural and geographical differences, making it less easier to execute in upcoming markets.

Lastly, TIBCO is a company where two things matter a lot: who you know and who know you. The internal social network is a platform to exhibit your abilities no matter who you are, whether you are an EVP or a developer. But if you keep quiet and do your job day in and day out, you'll get the salary and earn the respect but your growth will be limited. TIBCO wants everyone to be rockstars so if you expect a company to invest heavily in your growth without showing a very high level of self motivation it is not the best company to work for. Having said that, you will be compelled to become a rockstar just by the company you keep.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on retaining good talent. We have the culture and the people to grow new heroes every day, but exceptional talent must be persuaded to remain with us.

Secondly, do not box innovation to certain departments, everyone must innovate whether they're a CEO or a doorknob.

Lastly, "overhead" investment in growth and relationship management is inevitable.

Enjoyable and a great experience

I have been working at TIBCO Software for more than 3 years

ProsKnowledgeable and extremely smart people. Great culture, people are always willing to help, the benefits are a great plus.

ConsTIBCO is not for someone who would want to coast to get by, you are encouraged and expected to go above and beyond. Also internal processes can slow you down, however that is extremely minor in my opinion and any large organization has these issues.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep chugging along and remain focused.

Greta technology, exciting environment

Country Sales Director (Current Employee)
Dubai (United Arab Emirates)

I have been working at TIBCO Software full-time for more than 5 years

ProsInnovative culture and accessibility of senior management. opportunity to make money and do what interests you with support from 1st rate colleagues

ConsSome acquisitions not absorbed into company properly. Some senior execs can be bottle necks and not enablers.

Its been a whirlwind of learning, growing and being awesome.

Consultant (Current Employee)
Johannesburg (South Africa)

I have been working at TIBCO Software full-time for less than a year

ProsGreat colleagues that offer a lot of support. Wealth of knowledge and training material available. Awesome exposure and learning possibilities.

ConsTravel can get tiring I suppose...

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good job!

Awesome technology set, great culture and successful solutions.

Senior Consultant (Current Employee)
Johannesburg (South Africa)

I have been working at TIBCO Software full-time for more than 8 years

ProsThe company provides one with a diverse set of knowledge skills. The work culture is amazing. The people are the company. Opportunity for growth is there.

ConsI cannot think of any cons. This company is pretty much perfect.

Advice to Senior ManagementStart paying more attention to marketing in specific areas and to also make training available more regularly in all regions.

TIBCO is an amazing company to work for, the people are passionate, innovative, dedicated, hardworking and very smart.

I have been working at TIBCO Software full-time for more than 10 years

ProsIt is a team environment where everyone wants to see our customers be successful. The culture is very entrepreneurial. There are many employees that have been here 10+ years.

ConsDue to the entrepreneurial nature sometimes there is a lack of processes/formalities that other large companies might have but I think that is what make TIBCO unique and a fun place to work.

A company on the way up

Inside Sales (Current Employee)
Stockholm, Stockholm (Sweden)

ProsGood salary
Great colleagues
Constant development and learning

ConsInformation around events could be better
Brand recognition in the Nordics could be better

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to update the whole company on a regular basis on what going on result and technologywise to build a common culture, perhaps through a quarterly meeting broadcasted to all employees.

High Performance, Realization Company not just a realtime

Senior Account Executive (Current Employee)
Istanbul (Turkey)

I have been working at TIBCO Software full-time for less than a year

ProsTeam working, big collaboration, transparent management. And a CEO as a role model.

ConsFast growing company not just at he customer side headcount as well. Organizational structure may have to b changed accordingly

Advice to Senior ManagementExchange more strategy with each level. Open up management positions to the new comers

TIBCO has been a great career, I have learned things I never thought I would use in my work history.

I have been working at TIBCO Software full-time for more than 8 years

ProsTIBCO offers the opportunity to learn new technology and leverage that into helping our clients better use our products. There are challenges every day, it is never boring and always exciting. The benefits are second to none. Time off, and health benefits are both great and cost effective with the available choices.

ConsThere is a lot to learn, and in a short time to better perform the various duties assigned to us. Training can be hard to come by, it is best learned on the fly as the SW changes rapidly. Annual reviews and raises could be better to compensate for the hard work everyone puts in to keep our clients happy with our products.

Great Company with Great People

Architect (Current Employee)
Paris (France)

I have been working at TIBCO Software full-time for more than 3 years

Pros* it's a company that is expanding (revenue, staffing, products offering)
* the company mood is good
* there's a lot of amazing people here, really expert in there field and from which you can learn from.
* TIBBR, the internal social network allow you to share key information, get help from people who knows about your issue
* There's a culture of recognition of work being successfully accomplished (mail to N+1,N+2 etc..), award, prices, and $$$, which is really motivating.
* Events are organized for consultant 2 times a years in nice places (each for half of employee) to recieve update on the company strategy, learn new thing and most importantly, make some networking inside the company so that later on, you can get help from the good people, ease opportunities to turn to contracts.
* internal opportunities : I've seen people moving from countries to countries based on their personal needs. You can work at country level, continent level, or worldwide. (the wider you work, the better you are skilled and paid ;)

Conscompany is growing, which comes with somes changes that are not understood as the training not being count anymore as productive time (so get a training will impact negatively your bonus...)...

Consultant are already heavily staffed, so it's difficult to find time to get trained, if it's not productive, it will be hard to have people motivated to be train and certified, and it's strategically bad for the company.

Advice to Senior Management* On a management perspective :
the recent decision to drop training time (10 days/years) being productive, is a very bad signal send to employee and a bad strategic decision, as this will not increase our skills on existing products, new products and get certified ==> and client expect TIBCO employee to be certified.

*On internal processes :
We could use our own solution to ease, make quicker our internal process, which are currently too heavy.

For example, I've seen how education team are working : only by email while there's a lot a process (in a BPM way), everybody receives everyday hundreds of mail that is of no interest to them, but each people have to review each one to be sure not to miss information ==> this is a gigantic waste of time and energy, make the job position a nightmare and not rewarding (I'm reading mail => We could deploy AMXBPM.

+ Having real project internally that use our products could give us a good feedback and increase our product.

Worked for TIBCO Software? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at TIBCO Software reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for TIBCO Software CEO Vivek Y. Ranadivé. All 328 reviews are posted anonymously by TIBCO Software employees.