TIBCO Software

TIBCO Software Reviews

Updated Apr 14, 2014

TIBCO Software Chairman, President, and CEO Vivek Y. Ranadivé

Vivek Y. Ranadivé

Pros:
  • "good work-life balance (may be this depends on which team you work for)"
    in 16 reviews
  • "Even though TIBCO is such a large company, the work environment is a lot like a start-up"
    in 21 reviews
Cons:
  • "Some roles are particularly demanding, so work-life balance is not always achievable"
    in 12 reviews
  • "Senior Management is "taken care of" which is clear from company reports and company "filings""
    in 14 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

TIBCO has been a great career, I have learned things I never thought I would use in my work history.

I have been working at TIBCO Software full-time for more than 8 years

ProsTIBCO offers the opportunity to learn new technology and leverage that into helping our clients better use our products. There are challenges every day, it is never boring and always exciting. The benefits are second to none. Time off, and health benefits are both great and cost effective with the available choices.

ConsThere is a lot to learn, and in a short time to better perform the various duties assigned to us. Training can be hard to come by, it is best learned on the fly as the SW changes rapidly. Annual reviews and raises could be better to compensate for the hard work everyone puts in to keep our clients happy with our products.

It's an amazing company to work for

I have been working at TIBCO Software full-time for more than 10 years

ProsExcellent values and culture that promotes customer centricity, team work, excellence, innovation and fun

Constrying to become yet other body shop

Advice to Senior Managementdon't try to change culture and values.

TIBCO is simply a World-class company!! Smart people, smart products and a great place to work.

Senior Account Executive (Current Employee)
Atlanta, GA (US)

I have been working at TIBCO Software full-time for more than 10 years

ProsSmart people, open minded and always ready to deliver the very best to customers

ConsHard to find a downside

Great place to be

I have been working at TIBCO Software

Proscompany culture, great products, innovation

ConsIn some roles there is travel

Advice to Senior Managementkeep rolling out great products

Best of the Best are here!!

Account Manager (Current Employee)
Memphis, TN (US)

I have been working at TIBCO Software full-time for more than a year

ProsWork with the best, be paid the best, and know you will never work for a better company.

ConsBe prepared to work as hard as you ever have.

Advice to Senior ManagementVivek will not lose because he refuses to bring in talent less than "great". Don't ever lose that mindset. It takes every single person contributing to win business consistently.

Learning curve never drops

Manager - WW Customer Marketing, Industry & Solutions Marketing (Current Employee)
Pune (India)

I have been working at TIBCO Software full-time for more than 5 years

ProsIrrespective of the knowledge you bring, there's so much to learn at TIBCO. The cross-functional assignments and interaction lead you to new discoveries and new entrepreneurial opportunities. And obviously there's no dearth of opportunities.

ConsThere's hardly any bench-time :)

Great Company with Great People

Architect (Current Employee)
Paris (France)

I have been working at TIBCO Software full-time for more than 3 years

Pros* it's a company that is expanding (revenue, staffing, products offering)
* the company mood is good
* there's a lot of amazing people here, really expert in there field and from which you can learn from.
* TIBBR, the internal social network allow you to share key information, get help from people who knows about your issue
* There's a culture of recognition of work being successfully accomplished (mail to N+1,N+2 etc..), award, prices, and $$$, which is really motivating.
* Events are organized for consultant 2 times a years in nice places (each for half of employee) to recieve update on the company strategy, learn new thing and most importantly, make some networking inside the company so that later on, you can get help from the good people, ease opportunities to turn to contracts.
* internal opportunities : I've seen people moving from countries to countries based on their personal needs. You can work at country level, continent level, or worldwide. (the wider you work, the better you are skilled and paid ;)

Conscompany is growing, which comes with somes changes that are not understood as the training not being count anymore as productive time (so get a training will impact negatively your bonus...)...

Consultant are already heavily staffed, so it's difficult to find time to get trained, if it's not productive, it will be hard to have people motivated to be train and certified, and it's strategically bad for the company.

Advice to Senior Management* On a management perspective :
the recent decision to drop training time (10 days/years) being productive, is a very bad signal send to employee and a bad strategic decision, as this will not increase our skills on existing products, new products and get certified ==> and client expect TIBCO employee to be certified.

*On internal processes :
We could use our own solution to ease, make quicker our internal process, which are currently too heavy.

For example, I've seen how education team are working : only by email while there's a lot a process (in a BPM way), everybody receives everyday hundreds of mail that is of no interest to them, but each people have to review each one to be sure not to miss information ==> this is a gigantic waste of time and energy, make the job position a nightmare and not rewarding (I'm reading mail => We could deploy AMXBPM.

+ Having real project internally that use our products could give us a good feedback and increase our product.

great company to work for

Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at TIBCO Software full-time for more than 10 years

Prosthis is very innovative company, with a great vision and give credit to your merits, fair company with good style

Consthis is very demanding company lightly structured as one billion USD start up company for sometime it is difficult in its internal processes

Advice to Senior Managementkeep going this is the right way to continue to successes

A company on the way up

Inside Sales (Current Employee)
Stockholm, Stockholm (Sweden)

I have been working at TIBCO Software full-time for less than a year

ProsGood salary
Great colleagues
Constant development and learning

ConsInformation around events could be better
Brand recognition in the Nordics could be better

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to update the whole company on a regular basis on what going on result and technologywise to build a common culture, perhaps through a quarterly meeting broadcasted to all employees.

High Performance, Realization Company not just a realtime

Senior Account Executive (Current Employee)
Istanbul (Turkey)

I have been working at TIBCO Software full-time for less than a year

ProsTeam working, big collaboration, transparent management. And a CEO as a role model.

ConsFast growing company not just at he customer side headcount as well. Organizational structure may have to b changed accordingly

Advice to Senior ManagementExchange more strategy with each level. Open up management positions to the new comers

Worked for TIBCO Software? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at TIBCO Software reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for TIBCO Software CEO Vivek Y. Ranadivé. All 327 reviews are posted anonymously by TIBCO Software employees.