TIBCO Software

TIBCO Software Reviews

Updated Apr 14, 2014

TIBCO Software Chairman, President, and CEO Vivek Y. Ranadivé

Vivek Y. Ranadivé

Pros:
  • "good work-life balance (may be this depends on which team you work for)"
    in 14 reviews
  • "Even though TIBCO is such a large company, the work environment is a lot like a start-up"
    in 20 reviews
Cons:
  • "Those who work for TIBCO are done chasing big money unless they are very senior management"
    in 14 reviews
  • "Some roles are particularly demanding, so work-life balance is not always achievable"
    in 7 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

hard to find a better company to work for...

Senior Architect (Current Employee)
Chicago, IL (US)

I have been working at TIBCO Software full-time for more than 8 years

Pros- people.. some of the smartest people you will ever work with...really helping and care for each other. I work in consulting division within central and it is one big happy family.
- lots of opportunity to move around. if you know what you want to do, its is really easy to move around
- senior management is really great..they know what they are doing.. every one is really focussed and passionate about taking TIBCO to the next level
- product...TIBCO products are far superior than everyone else in every market where TIBCO competes....lots of learning opportunity.

Cons- in my current job, the thing i hate the most is travel...requires travel every week monday thru thursday...

- there

Advice to Senior Managementcontinue doing what you have been doing....

Company with fantastic opportunities!

Director Human Resources - India (Current Employee)
Pune (India)

I have been working at TIBCO Software full-time for less than a year

ProsFreedom of ideation and implementation, great worklife balance, insurance programs - better than most competitors..open and respectful environment...

ConsNeed to develop processes around employee life cycles

TIBCO

I have been working at TIBCO Software full-time

ProsWork from home is acceptable. Great vacation and sick benefits.

ConsUnable to advance career. Low salary possibly due to discrimination.

Below market compensation

I have been working at TIBCO Software full-time for more than 3 years

ProsVariety of Technology to work on.
Cafe and company campus is quite nice.

ConsCompensation is way below the market rate and Management is not doing much to retain the quality resources due to these below market compensation.

Upper Management is not keen on addressing/fixing problems which employees are spotting left, right and central.

Technology stack is too wide (variety), but management is not able to generate constant revenue stream out of it, and hence the situation where unpleasant cost-cutting decisions are been pushed to employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementOpen your eyes, act on the feedbacks. It is easy to spot, and fixable (only if you have that mindset)

Do remember that - Engineering is the core for a technology company, and not the sales or support. And so compensate them accordingly. No brainer !!!

Ok

I have been working at TIBCO Software full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGood scope of working with varieties technology.

ConsWork life balance.
Poor pay structure.

Advice to Senior ManagementCare for Human Resource policy.

Mostly excellent managers who have given me a fantastic amount of leeway to do my job the way I see fit.

I have been working at TIBCO Software full-time for more than 10 years

ProsExcellent manager. Have been able to move to different roles over a long time at the company. Company focus on the customer has led us to continue to enlarge the business over many years.

ConsDepartmental silos, and even silos within departments hinder opportunities for even greater success. Management knows this is an issue, but it isn't a top priority, so it usually takes someone with a lot of motivation to overcome what should be a simple problem.

Advice to Senior ManagementBuild a stronger culture for cooperating and innovating across different organizational silos.

Innovation and brilliant staff

Regional Director Nordic (Current Employee)
Stockholm, Stockholm (Sweden)

I have been working at TIBCO Software full-time for more than 5 years

ProsVery exiting products , in forefront of the latest technology, as a sales person you can always find solutions means very flexible way of form the deal.

ConsQuarterly based means very hard focus on quarters. top 100 of largest customers is our prospect and they take to long time to decide

Great company going places with great technology

Senior Sales Operations Manager (Current Employee)
Palo Alto, CA (US)

I have been working at TIBCO Software full-time for more than a year

ProsCompany culture is great. Driven leadership to be the best. Technology is top notch and consistently wins in the marketplace.

ConsCould have a better work-life balance; although it is still much better than the last 2 Software companies I worked for.

Advice to Senior ManagementDrink more of our own champagne.

If you want to solve problems others cannot, this is the place to be!

Senior Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at TIBCO Software full-time for more than 10 years

ProsVery innovative and customer focused culture. Career mobility across functions and geographies even if you haven't done the job before, but you need to show the initiative. Highly relevant technology with social, mobile, loyalty, predictive analytics, and integration platform. The place to be if you are driven and want to keep raising the bar.

ConsIf you are looking for a steady state job environment, this is not the place as the pace is high and you will feel like you are getting left behind.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep hiring the smartest kids around the world.

Senior Business Development Executive

Senior Business Development Executive (Current Employee)

I have been working at TIBCO Software full-time for less than a year

ProsGreat work environment, team focus and customer centric, great location!

ConsNone come to mind, It is by far the best employment experience i have ever had

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider posting a more accessible location of where I may find the new job and promotion opportunities.

Worked for TIBCO Software? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at TIBCO Software reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for TIBCO Software CEO Vivek Y. Ranadivé. All 325 reviews are posted anonymously by TIBCO Software employees.