TASER
www.taser.com Scottsdale, AZ 150 to 499 Employees

TASER Reviews

Updated Apr 09, 2014
TASER – Scottsdale – “TASER HQ building”

TASER CEO and Founder Rick Smith

Rick Smith

TASER - One Great Roller Coaster Ride

I have been working at TASER full-time for more than 10 years

ProsExciting - If you want to be part of changing the world, welcome to TASER

Fun - If you want excitement, energy, and being in the action

Stressful - Good stress - not bad stress. If it was easy then anyone could work here

Titles Not Important - The job is key - not the title. If you can kick some tail go kick some tail. If not, this isn't for you. You get to do whatever you need to do to get the job done for the most part.

You work for cops. These are frankly the toughest customers in the world but at TASER we've won their trust and we're trusted advisers here for them. It's on going so you don't get to rest on your laurels. But isn't what a job is supposed to require.

Change is good here. We like that.

Techie - it's all about using technology here to its maximum potential. We dream big here.

We use Good to Great principles here for the most part.

Great culture to work hard, play hard, and to do whatever it takes to get the job done

ConsLittle time for continuing education.

Stressful - I said it was good stress. It is. But It can be tough on some of the employees if they are steeled in this environment. When we face controversy now it makes us release that we do have a tough job here but it also re-energizes most of the staff.

Change is tough here. I just said it was good, but it's still tough now and then. But if we don't change, adapt and overcome, well... we'd be like dinosaurs so in the end that can be a con to some but for most we dig it.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet some continuing education programs.

Sabbaticals, anyone?

Reward the superstars as well as the steady Eddie rock stars who work like madmen for the sense of pride, the customer and the loyalty of the company.

We use the VOC here so make sure you stay in touch with the VOE (employee) a little more.

We need more opportunities to make sure we know who all of us employees are since there has been a lot of growth.

Massive impact

Software Developer (Current Employee)
Seattle, WA (US)

I have been working at TASER full-time for more than a year

ProsNoble Mission- The tech that TASER/Evidence.com are creating is literally saving lives and bringing greater transparency to law enforcement making communities safer
Excellent Talent- Smart people from top schools/former companies. On the brink with several exciting new developments.
Flat environment- Initiative is encouraged and the best answer wins

Conshard work sometimes skews work/life balance

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep pressing

An innovative company with a creative work atmosphere

Development (Current Employee)

I have been working at TASER full-time for more than 10 years

ProsWork on products that save lives and change the world, every day.

ConsMunicipal spending budgets for new equipment and gear drive a great deal of our business, good and bad.

Incredible opportunities

I have been working at TASER full-time for less than a year

ProsNo one is ever satisfied with average work. Everyone is striving to be the best. Open door policy - even the CEO has a cubicle, not an office!

ConsYounger company, some people are set in their ways

Ambitious Senior Management with lousy lower mid and low level managers

I have been working at TASER full-time for more than 3 years

ProsCool Hardware Technology. Cool head quarters building that looks like a space ship. Very impressive to show off to friends and family.

ConsLousy place to advance the career. Very poor communication between mid and low level managers to troops. Worst medical benefits if you have a family. No training program. Poor salary for most positions, but get away with this because of location.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake the mid and low level management more responsible. Avoid random and sudden death firing squads.

Mission

Regional Sales Manager (Current Employee)
Stockholm, Stockholm (Sweden)

I have been working at TASER full-time for more than a year

Pros“TASER’s mission is the end user, the law enforcement officer. TASER has effectively changed law enforcement by adding intermediate weapons, cameras, and technology that protects them, allows them to save more lives, and positively enhance the delivery of police service in their community. I’m proud to be a part of this mission,” –Andy, Sales Ops

ConsWell if you don't like technology, career opportunity, talent, innovation, individualism, motivation, excitement, sci-fi, self-management, open communication, working for an industry leader, educational opportunities, positive motivation, then you may not enjoy this employer.

One of a Kind!

Quality Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at TASER full-time for more than a year

ProsTASER has a "one of kind" culture that believes in protecting life with our CEWs and protecting the truth with our Video platforms. It is a free spirited working environment where you can listen to music all day while working with awesome individuals on out of this world technology. The people are not micro-managed and are able to get the job done in innovative ways.

ConsCan't really say I have any cons.

Advice to Senior ManagementJust keep supporting the people and drive towards the next level of awesomeness.

By chasing perfection, we've caught excellence here at Taser.

Shipping (Current Employee)

I have been working at TASER full-time for more than 8 years

ProsThe passion that employees bring to the table everyday

Conswish we had more hours in the day.

Advice to Senior Managementkeep pushing to grow the business, love it!

Very rewarding job!!

I have been working at TASER full-time for more than 8 years

ProsThe reward of being a part of our life-saving technology is amazing. Further that with our new video and cloud products, hearing the studies of the benefits that law enforcement is seeing with our products, it's an amazing feeling being a part of it all. The people here are great to work with. Benefits are good. I have never had more opportunity for advancement at any other company. TASER makes me love my job and be proud to be part of the team.

ConsNot many cons at all. Work/Life balance is challenging at times, but we make it through. Shifting priorities can drive you wacky sometimes, however, it has been this way at every business I've worked in. That's part of working. Oh, I agree with others, we need free food.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what we are doing the past few years. We can see the acceleration and payoff.

Waiting for the oppertunity

Assembly (Current Employee)
Scottsdale, AZ (US)

I have been working at TASER as a contractor for less than a year

ProsI like the enviorment and the peaple I work with, they are awesome!!!!!!!The work is great and me, as a temp. I cant wait for the chance to be a full time Taser employee!!!!

ConsMore chances for full time employement

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work!!!!!!!

Worked for TASER? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at TASER reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for TASER CEO Rick Smith. All 43 reviews are posted anonymously by TASER employees.