T. Rowe Price

T. Rowe Price Reviews

Updated Jul 22, 2014

T. Rowe Price President, CEO, and Director James A. C. Kennedy

James A. C. Kennedy

Pros
  • Very people friendly company, with good work/life balance(in 19 reviews)

• Great benefits and comfortable work environment(in 36 reviews)

Cons
  • headset policy is cumbersome, even for a call center)(in 14 reviews)

• Impact to ability to have appropriate work life balance(in 6 reviews)

Too much work, not enough pay

Retirement Plan Coordinator (RPC) (Former Employee)

ProsGood benefits, get a bonus every year

ConsWork load is quite high with some of the worse salaries in the company. Starting out the call center reps can make more money than a RPC without half as much responsibility or impact on how the company is viewed by clients and the community

Advice to Senior ManagementStandards are high in every other area. Why now increase pay so that they compensation is at least competitive with other companies

Positive but limited opportunities

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsVery good training program and leaders are good

ConsUnless willing to move to Baltimore there are limited career options

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider greater commitment to tampa market

Good company, good perks; pay notsomuch.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Owings Mills, MD (US)

ProsGreat people to work with in the trenches-always will to do what it takes to get the job done. Culture of the company represents a youthful attitude with the old ideals that the company was founded on.

ConsThe efforts are not always rewarded, citing that the pay grade is comparable with what's out there. Pay was not worth my long-term employment there, hoping that management would make good on their promise to level the pay scale.

Advice to Senior ManagementShare the wealth. My department was just starting a life balance approach but, the hurdles of the security associated with a financial firm were difficult to overcome.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great Company; collaborative working environment

Analyst (Former Employee) Baltimore, MD (US)

ProsCollaborative working environment; family friendly, and very livable city to work at in Baltimore. Overall stability of the firm is a major plus, very little volatility, senior level transitions are handled in a thoughtful way, and are telegraphed.

ConsDepending on the group, promotion potential can be limited. Some parts of the organization can be very flat, so unless your boss leaves, you could be stuck in the same place for 5-10 years.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work.

Average pay, above average experience

Special Correspondence Representative (Former Employee) Owings Mills, MD (US)

ProsGenerous stock option and plentiful vacation days (if employed for sufficient time)

ConsWoeful pay scale; college atmosphere for lower level employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementCompensate the associates on the front line better.

Portfolio Accounting

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat place to start your career. Plenty of opportunity to grow. Good benefits.

ConsStarting salary is low but benefits are good and salary increases quickly

Great company, excellent benefits, good pay, but limited career advancement opportunities.

Investment Operations Associate (Current Employee) Tampa, FL (US)

ProsGreat conservative company; excellent upper management; generous benefits with 401(k) and good pay. If you are willing to relocate to Maryland, then plenty of advancement opportunities. If not, then very limited. Good corporate culture and just an overall good company to work for.

ConsWillingness to expand jobs in a regional office. Mandatory overtime can be heavy in the "client-facing" departments during certain times of the year and can wear you out.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what they are doing from a firm presepective.

T Rowe Price

Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) Baltimore, MD (US)

ProsVoted "Most Admired Company" 3 years in a row. Also voted Best Place to Work.

ConsAs of yet, I have not identified a negative aspect of this company. I believe it is a great company focused on clients.

Practice what you preach

Manager (Current Employee) Owings Mills, MD (US)

ProsTraining, campus, pay for licensing, 401k

ConsPay is extremely low. Associates basically need to live with their parents and managers need a second job to support their families. It is sad. It wouldn't be so bad but you were not expected to work way beyond 40 hours and of course every holiday and weekends. That way you could get another job. Expect your children will be the first in daycare and last picked up and count on paying late fees for keeping them there after close.

Promotions in some areas only happen within certain groups- basically if you don't go to happy hours you don't have a chance. Talent management is not valued or rewarded. It is about who you know.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake a closer look at your senior leaders. Pay people so they can live comfortably. It's not Colorado or Tampa- our salaries are hard to survive on in Md. Promote those who have a proven record of developing others, not those you go to happy hour with and hang out with after work.

Intern

Intern (Current Employee)

ProsGreat place to build interpersonal skills and networks. People are fun and nice.

ConsGopher work at most. The department was not prepared nor were they organized with their internship program. Very dull work really.

Worked for T. Rowe Price? Contribute to the Community!