T. Rowe Price

T. Rowe Price Reviews

Updated Jul 22, 2014

T. Rowe Price President, CEO, and Director James A. C. Kennedy

James A. C. Kennedy

Pros
  • Very people friendly company, with good work/life balance(in 19 reviews)

• Great benefits and comfortable work environment(in 36 reviews)

Cons
  • headset policy is cumbersome, even for a call center)(in 14 reviews)

• Impact to ability to have appropriate work life balance(in 6 reviews)

It is a great company to start a career straight out of College

Investment Counselor (Current Employee) Walnut Creek, CA (US)

ProsJob stability and great health, 401k, ESOP, profit sharing benefits. It is definitely a team work environment.

ConsLocations for promotion are limited. Bonus potential is limited as well. The adoption of innovative technology is slow

Advice to Senior ManagementIt would be profitable to focus on sales skills versus coaching and micro-managing.

A friendly working environment that allows time for work and fun.

Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) Owings Mills, MD (US)

ProsGreat holiday atmosphere.
    Was able to create good friendships.
    Offered a lot of training opportunities.
    They have a gym on sight that you can use before you go to work or after.

ConsMy job as an administrative assistant was kind of boring. But that was only because it was a newly added position so they didn't have anything for me to do. My manager was a bit of a micro manager but that was not the case for everyone.

Advice to Senior Managementnone

I love working here and the people i have met.

RPS Control (Current Employee) Owings Mills, MD (US)

ProsThey work with you to move up within the company.

Conshard to know everyone within your department

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Micro Management at its finest!

ProsPay for your licensing to work for a decent company.

ConsManagement is awful, salary not competitive, scheduling is a joke. Training sets the expectations bar high, but the actual standard is abysmally low.

Advice to Senior ManagementThis is a professional company with adults working for you. Let them do their jobs and support, not babysit.

Excellent company to work for, but Colorado Springs location limits career opportunities.

Retail Service Associate (Former Employee) Colorado Springs, CO (US)

ProsSupportive team based environment, conservative mutual fund investing education, great benefits package, and basic career advancement opportunities.

ConsLower to mid level managers promoted the people that didn't threaten them, while competent employees were refused advancement. Career opportunities in Colorado Springs were limited to call center management. If your looking to work for the investment management side of T. Rowe Price, you'll need to work in Baltimore.

Advice to Senior ManagementIncrease the career advancement opportunities available.

Great place as a beginner

Retail Service Associate (Former Employee) Colorado Springs, CO (US)

ProsGood people, decent benefits, teamwork between associates

ConsLimited advancement, poor pay compared to competitors

Advice to Senior ManagementListen more to the people who work hard for you.

Good for resume

Associate (Current Employee) Denver, CO (US)

ProsProfessional environment, good place to work straight out college. Good stepping stone for other jobs.

ConsThe pay is way below what other companies pay. Lots of micro management and unnecessary meetings. Training is very below average, if it all

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more hands on

Tattling is rewarded

Brokerage (Current Employee)

Pros*Great training
    *fun, smart coworkers
    *some clients can be pretty funny
    *teaches you valuable life skills

Cons*tattling is rewarded--this creates a very toxic work environment where people set up other people for failure
    *pay is okay, we've lost a lot of good people to competitors
    *constant micro-management
    *management plans poorly and consistently underplans their employment, making other departments "loan" out their employees to other departments
    *once management doesn't like you, you're outta luck
    *technology is outdated and constantly failing, putting pressure on phone reps
    *lots of mandatory OT

Advice to Senior ManagementEmployees are people! You should encourage a collaborative environment, rather than a toxic work environment. People dread coming to work and people who speak up are punished. There are a lot of competitors who are fighting to steal your well trained employees. Treat us like we're also assets under your management and you'll have a better ROI.
    Also, reward the people who deserve to be rewarded, including those people who have tenure. It seems like supervisors have no backbone and refuse to fight for their employees. Again, there's a lot of competitors coming in the financial services industry, so many people are leaving because of this.

T. Rowe Price Tampa

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat place to get started. They pay for you to get your FINRA licenses.

ConsLittle opportunity for upward mobility unless you are willing to move to Baltimore first. Promotions are not always based on ability as much as how much the managers like you. IN Tampa most managers have been in those positions for quite some time so for you to move up someone has got to leave their position first.

Be proactive and never resist change

ProsJob stability. Nice people. Good parking. Remote Desktop. Recognition program.

ConsPaid on 15th and month end instead of biweekly. Management attrition.

Worked for T. Rowe Price? Contribute to the Community!