T.G.I. Friday's

Updated 29 January, 2015
2.9

T.G.I. Friday's President & CEO Nick Shepherd
Nick Shepherd

Pros
  • It was a great way to work through college and make decent money with a flexible schedule (in 26 reviews)

• The company prioritizes the importance of having a fun environment for both the guests and the employees (in 18 reviews)

Cons
  • Long hours depending upon position but worth the money (in 18 reviews)

• I worked long late hours all the time (in 6 reviews)

More Highlights

Basically what you'd expect

I worked at T.G.I. Friday's

Pros

People were fun. Managers relatively easy going. Money there to be made.

Cons

Shifts inconsistent, favoritism a heavy factor in getting good sections, very competitive servers often fighting over "better" positions.

Nothing really, do what you gotta do.

Great Place to Work!

Former Employee - Waitress in Mayfield, OH (US)
    Former Employee - Waitress in Mayfield, OH (US)

I worked at T.G.I. Friday's part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Great work "family", training process is thorough, management is fair and the food is delicious and you get half off meals on nights you work...ribs included! When a new menu comes out, a staff meeting is called and the kitchen makes everything off the new menu for everyone to try, which is great when you are selling the product to the customer to know exactly what it tastes like.

Cons

Depending on what city your location is in the clientele may not be so great, that was my situation. I still loved working there because the staff and management was so awesome, but the people that came in were rude, didn't tip well and made you run around like crazy. Sometimes that can't be avoided though unfortunately. I had 2 tables stiff me on a bill there, nowhere else has this EVER happened.

Keep doing a great job and apply stricter rules on customers for parties, call aheads and the like to make sure that your staff won't be taken advantage of.

Fun office environment.

Former Employee - Graphic Designer in Providence, RI (US)
    Former Employee - Graphic Designer in Providence, RI (US)

I worked at T.G.I. Friday's

Pros

Fun office environment. Great location.

Cons

No cons. Great place to work.

Never boring

Former Employee - Busser TGI Fridays in Pittsburgh, PA (US)
    Former Employee - Busser TGI Fridays in Pittsburgh, PA (US)

I worked at T.G.I. Friday's part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Decent high school/college job, nice tips, friendly environment.

Cons

Hours and tips depend on how much business they're getting.

Smarter scheduling

Fun place to work at

I worked at T.G.I. Friday's

Pros

Fun atmosphere to work in, great crew members, meet good co-workers

Cons

A lot of favoritism from management, you had to kiss butt to get good days and hours

Great Training

Current Employee - Waiter in Saint Louis, MO (US)
    Current Employee - Waiter in Saint Louis, MO (US)

I have been working at T.G.I. Friday's

Pros

Company is on the forefront of training and sale theory

Cons

Fast at ideas... Slow at putting the ideas to work.

WORST MANAGEMENT

I worked at T.G.I. Friday's

Pros

your team will be amazing! there are a ton of great servers at Fridays and you'll really understand the value of teamwork.

Cons

Management sucks! They are literally insane. Sure we are salesman but we cant force people to buy food it becomes annoying.

Get it together. A lot of you have so much up your selves that you forget that us servers are people too.

tgi Fridays- hostess

Current Employee - Hostess in San Antonio, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Hostess in San Antonio, TX (US)

I have been working at T.G.I. Friday's

Pros

tip share after each shift, daily

Cons

long hours- stay on your feet until 1 am most nights

none

Coupons Coupons Coupons .Warrington.

I have been working at T.G.I. Friday's

Pros

Great management team -- give or take a few managers
    Friendly co workers -- everyone gets along
    Understanding staff --- everyone is willing to answer any questions

This place isn't totally bad despite what it may say in my cons --- it's a great place to learn how to serve but if you already have experience serving I suggest you find some where else to really capitalize on your gains. The coupons are killers --- even if all of the managers agreed there is NOTHING they can do about the coupons. That's a corporate concern and unfortunately we get killed with them.

Cons

coupons

There are thousands of coupons and the customers tend to tip off of the discounted price

Disorganized--- people get triple sat (sat with three tables at once) all of the time and they tend to schedule people all of the holidays. As opposed to working Christmas and not New Year's Eve/ day.

Scheduling is frustrating because you must really take off two weeks in advance and if you didn't know about something two weeks in advance its hard to find someone to cover for you.

Secret shops --- also a HUGE frustration because even though you complain (or ask to not be triple sat) you get sat like this anyway and it's near impossible to greet all of those tables within the 30second greeting period which effects the shop and you get written up for a bad shop. It's also difficult when the food checks are running 40 minutes and they send out some of the food, not all. AND when the bar doesn't have glassware and can't make your drinks. Very disorganized making it hard to do the "Friday's service style" which you BETTER LEARN TO DO RELENTLESSLY AT EVERY SINGLE TABLE.

Good or Bad depending on the person

Former Employee - Waitress in Richmond, VA (US)
    Former Employee - Waitress in Richmond, VA (US)

I worked at T.G.I. Friday's

Pros

You definitely get great tips especially on Friday night, I averaged around 40-50 dollars a night (I was still new) while some of my associates were at 100-120 a night. All the associates are fun people and management was very nice and understanding whenever I made a mistake. It was very easy to call out when I had an emergency and I was not penalized or yelled at for it. Good work is always recognized. Management team worked hard to ensure that the waitstaff knew their stuff and was not clueless. My trainers did great working with me and answering all my questions. The job was literally right down the street almost walking distance.

Cons

Long long nights. Sometimes I would not get home until 2:30-3am. My schedule was never correct like it would say 4-10 but I would really be closing which means i didn't get off at 10 but at 1:30. Long hours is the only con for this place. Often times I was not told when I was cut. So I would take an extra 2 tables and had already been off but thats not really bad because hey more tips.

Make sure to tell the server when they will be getting off as much as you possibly can. I know sometimes with restaurants its hard to tell who will be cut but at least a notice would be helpful.