T.G.I. Friday's

T.G.I. Friday's Reviews

Updated Apr 20, 2014

T.G.I. Friday's President & CEO Nick Shepherd

Nick Shepherd

Pros:
  • "Flexible schedule, great co-workers, fun lively environment"
    in 19 reviews
  • "I needed a job with flexible hours while in school"
    in 14 reviews
Cons:
  • "Long hours, not knowing when exactly you'd get out"
    in 11 reviews
  • "I worked long late hours all the time"
    in 4 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Basically what you'd expect

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at T.G.I. Friday's

ProsPeople were fun. Managers relatively easy going. Money there to be made.

ConsShifts inconsistent, favoritism a heavy factor in getting good sections, very competitive servers often fighting over "better" positions.

Advice to Senior ManagementNothing really, do what you gotta do.

Server

Server (Former Employee)
Ramsey, NJ (US)

I worked at T.G.I. Friday's part-time for more than a year

ProsGreat co workers I left and still see them all the time tips were good flexible schedule s worked well with classes training was good fun environment great customers great place to work as a college student

ConsSmall sections our store closed so the last few months were slow but most of them went to other locations hard to budget with tips but thats any server job mangement definitely had favorites same servers gotbthe good sections

Advice to Senior ManagementCreate a fair section system with rotation

Bartender/ server

Server/Bartender (Former Employee)
Humble, TX (US)

I worked at T.G.I. Friday's full-time for more than 5 years

ProsThey work around your schedule and it is always easy to pick up or give away shifts. It is a fun place to work with great people. Teamwork is key. If you work hard management will notice and you will receive good shifts and positions

ConsIt is the typical serving job, the money/ tips can have seasonal bad months. 2.13 barely covers taxes, you wont get a paycheck.

Advice to Senior Managementmanagement is awesome. loved all my managers and GM.

Active and Involved

Line Cook (Former Employee)
Williamsville, NY (US)

I worked at T.G.I. Friday's full-time for more than 3 years

ProsIt's a great environment if you can be friends with your coworkers, as the team functions as good as all of the parts.

ConsLong hours, not knowing when exactly you'd get out. Difficult to get significant raise.

Advice to Senior ManagementOverall enjoyed working here, and it was a good job to be able to come home from school and go to.

Could Be Better, but served its purpose

Server At TGI Fridays (Current Employee)
Brick, NJ (US)

I have been working at T.G.I. Friday's full-time for more than a year

ProsI needed a job with flexible hours while in school. Since most classes are during the day, the best option was to work at night. I was able to work long weeks and make a ton of money while in school.

ConsExtremely long hours. Any time you put 50 people in the same building and try to have everyone accomplishing the same goal, you're going to fail. Managers constantly in conflict with servers and kitchen, it is like war. Also casual dining is not as good as it once was and waiters are making less. Managers end up comping food which is already ridiculous discounted and then the server gets tipped on the new bill.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't have such a large restaurant. Fewer tables, fewer servers, fewer dishes for the cooks to mess up. Sounds counterintuitive but it works.

Awesome place to work

Server/Bartender (Current Employee)

I have been working at T.G.I. Friday's full-time

Proswe worked together like a family and everyone was so helpful! I was able to have flexible hours and learned a lot of great tools for life as well. It was always a positive work environment and I made great money.

Conshaving to deal with rude customers, but thats normal in any restaurant you work in. Can't please them all!

Great

Server (Former Employee)
Akron, OH (US)

I worked at T.G.I. Friday's full-time for more than a year

ProsFlexible work hours. Entertaining staff.

ConsManagement were friends rather than mentors. Slow promotions (five + years).

Advice to Senior ManagementMore hands on work with your employees. Teach individuals the importance of a connection with clients (patrons.)

Extremely Corporate

Cocktail Server (Current Employee)

I have been working at T.G.I. Friday's part-time for more than 3 years

ProsFridays definitely has a fun, inclusive culture and you will feel like you are a part of a family. They have extensive training in order to prepare you for your position and they tend to retain employees because of the effort that goes into training. The company is always innovating and coming out with new ideas and management is usually supportive and helpful in guiding you along the way.

ConsThe company requires all of your time. They are open 365 days a year for every single holiday and you are not allowed to request holidays off. I have worked every holiday for the past year and they don't really show any sympathy for your personal life. Also, the company implements so many changes so often that you are constantly buying new uniforms or accessories just to keep up with brand standards. The shirts we currently wear are low quality and shrink easily, so servers are constantly buying new shirts. Be prepared to spend a good chunk of your earnings on these types of things. As far as corporate companies go, they are among the most extreme.

Fun place to work, but with a warning...

Server (Current Employee)
Springfield, MO (US)

I have been working at T.G.I. Friday's full-time for more than a year

ProsYou get to meet a lot of fun people, that make the job enjoyable. You can make a lot of money as long as you are friendly and don't mind a little hard work.

ConsUnfortunately, the area I work in isn't very affluent, which mean smaller tips. Also, you must be very thick skinned to not only deal with the customers, but sometimes with the management, this is a sales driver job.

New management is terrible

Server/Bartender (Current Employee)
Eau Claire, WI (US)

I have been working at T.G.I. Friday's part-time for more than a year

ProsCash tips brought home every night, flexible scheduling, good co-workers!

ConsNew general manager sucks. Biggest arsehole I've ever met. Hires his own employees and lets them have the jobs the previous employees want. Came in and changed everything around. I'm most mad about working there a year and not moving up because he hires new people for those positions. And I know I'm a dang good server. Don't apply here.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't hire dumb people for general managers and maybe you'll keep some good servers....

Worked for T.G.I. Friday's? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at T.G.I. Friday's reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for T.G.I. Friday's CEO Nick Shepherd. All 242 reviews are posted anonymously by T.G.I. Friday's employees.