Sutherland Global Services

636 reviews filtered by
2.7
Sutherland Global Services Chairman and CEO Dilip R. Vellodi
Dilip R. Vellodi

Pros
  • You work from home, you can communicate with coaches and managers through a messenger (in 21 reviews)

• Flexible work environment, freedom to explore imagination and creativity (in 24 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance is depends upon project you are working on (in 10 reviews)

• Low pay - I was hired to do technical support (in 10 reviews)

1. Great environment to work in

Current Employee - Technical Support Consultant in Windsor, ON
    Current Employee - Technical Support Consultant in Windsor, ON

I have been working at Sutherland Global Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The place is amazing, people are very friendly and are always there to help, managers are very friendly and understanding

Cons

Shifts are always changing, you don't sit on the same desk everyday so sometimes its hard to find an empty desk fast

My Experience at Sutherland

Former Employee - Technical Support Consultant in Windsor, ON
    Former Employee - Technical Support Consultant in Windsor, ON

I worked at Sutherland Global Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I was able to meet some great people here that also started around the same time as I did, the pay was wonderful. Benefits after 90 days are a definite help.

Cons

The software during the training often had errors and would not open, this made it difficult to learn how to do the job properly. The classrooms were too small for the amount of people that were there and made it difficult to leave or enter. When in nesting, they expected you to know everything right away and basically threw you to the wolves. They always said no question is a stupid question, but I always felt like a complete burden each time I asked for help. There was not enough face to face confrontation for learning how to do the job. Unless you can learn any thing within 10 minutes of hearing a word of every single thing, this is probably not the job for you.

Advice to Management

Not everyone learns everything within the first 10 minutes. Only being able to ask for help through a chat room and expect every person to know every short term and every little thing on the already slow, dysfunctional computers while dealing with a customer is much too stressful for a person. Improve your training layout, please.

Terrible

Current Employee - Technical Support in Sault Ste. Marie, ON
    Current Employee - Technical Support in Sault Ste. Marie, ON

I have been working at Sutherland Global Services

Pros

There is nothing good about this place

Cons

management is terrible do not care about employees

Advice to Management

treat your employees like humans

5. great environment

I have been working at Sutherland Global Services

Pros

Culture, ethics, managers, lot to learn and improved communication skills.

Cons

Compensation, lack of refreshments, etc,etc and etc.

6. Good Intent, Bad Management

I have been working at Sutherland Global Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Work life balance is OK, sometimes the amount of freedom is beyond great. Salaries are decent. Some good people work here.

Cons

Zero governance of any kind. Private company, what the chairman says goes...senior level employees (especially C suite) take advantage of this as exploit as much as they can and get away with not doing what they are supposed to do.

Advice to Management

Dig into issues that are festering in many areas, especially within the IT organization and client services organization.

7. Perfection or fired

I worked at Sutherland Global Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great co-workers! Would be easy to unionize!

Cons

Constant surveillance, management encourages and rewards spying on co-workers in a very intrusive and unkind way.

Advice to Management

Give a little more lassitude to gain employee loyalty.

8. Absolutely love my job

Current Employee - Team Manager in Windsor, ON
    Current Employee - Team Manager in Windsor, ON

I have been working at Sutherland Global Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Management is really willing to help you improve. Opportunities consistently to advance within the company. Value employee input. Willing to work with reps who need assistance. New building is great. Love that Sutherland raises and donates money for charity.

Cons

Client requests are at times erratic and difficult to implement on the time schedule. Attrition is high partly because there are only yearly pay raises.

Advice to Management

More opportunity throughout the year to get a pay increase.

Sutherland Global Services Response

Jul 01, 2014Sourcing Solutions Specialist

Thanks for taking the time to write a bit about your experiences at Sutherland, and it is refreshing to hear how your career is being positively affected. Aiding in the growth and advancement of our ... More

9. It was a good full time position with benefits, and availability to move within the company.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Windsor, ON
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Windsor, ON

I have been working at Sutherland Global Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Sutherland offers a pretty decent benefit package after 3 months of employment. You get pull time hours with the option of overtime when available. They were able to work with me while I was still attending school, and I was able to land a position that related to my school shortly after graduating.

Cons

You get paid minimum wage to start, and even when you move within the company they don't increase the pay by much. It can get a little stressful being on calls especially when they are trying to implement new programs.

Advice to Management

They need to pay more attention to their employees who are doing their jobs properly rather than the ones who are not.

10. It' OK

Former Employee - AT&T Mobility Customer Service Representative in Windsor, ON
    Former Employee - AT&T Mobility Customer Service Representative in Windsor, ON

I worked at Sutherland Global Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They will give you the job as long as you can talk

Cons

high pressure to sell.
    No standards of leadership if your team lead is bad you just have to put up with it

For slightly above minimum wage you too can be responsible for all of AT&T's wrong doings.

Former Employee - Tech Support in Windsor, ON
    Former Employee - Tech Support in Windsor, ON

I worked at Sutherland Global Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very short training period to become tech support. If you can make it here you can probably make 3 times the money elsewhere because you are just that naturally talented.

Cons

If you are unfortunate enough to end up with a couple of dissatisfied customers in the course of a 1 week period you will be looking for another job.

Advice to Management

They are too eager to take the training allowance to be at all concerned with fitting new employees into long term positions. It's as if they are preferring high turn over to employee stability.

Sutherland Global Services Photos