Sutherland Global Services

Sutherland Global Services Reviews

Updated Jul 26, 2014

Sutherland Global Services Chairman and CEO Dilip R. Vellodi

Dilip R. Vellodi

Pros
  • They offered work from home opportunities at one point(in 14 reviews)

• Flexible work environment, freedom to explore imagination and creativity(in 22 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance is depends upon project you are working on(in 10 reviews)

• have got night shifts and have to follow international calender(in 14 reviews)

Perfection or fired

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat co-workers! Would be easy to unionize!

ConsConstant surveillance, management encourages and rewards spying on co-workers in a very intrusive and unkind way.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive a little more lassitude to gain employee loyalty.

Absolutely love my job

Team Manager (Current Employee) Windsor, ON

ProsManagement is really willing to help you improve. Opportunities consistently to advance within the company. Value employee input. Willing to work with reps who need assistance. New building is great. Love that Sutherland raises and donates money for charity.

ConsClient requests are at times erratic and difficult to implement on the time schedule. Attrition is high partly because there are only yearly pay raises.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore opportunity throughout the year to get a pay increase.

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Sutherland Global Services Sourcing Solutions Specialist responded to this review

Jul 01, 2014

Thanks for taking the time to write a bit about your experiences at Sutherland, and it is refreshing to hear how your career is being positively affected. Aiding in the growth and advancement of our ... More

It was a good full time position with benefits, and availability to move within the company.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Windsor, ON

ProsSutherland offers a pretty decent benefit package after 3 months of employment. You get pull time hours with the option of overtime when available. They were able to work with me while I was still attending school, and I was able to land a position that related to my school shortly after graduating.

ConsYou get paid minimum wage to start, and even when you move within the company they don't increase the pay by much. It can get a little stressful being on calls especially when they are trying to implement new programs.

Advice to Senior ManagementThey need to pay more attention to their employees who are doing their jobs properly rather than the ones who are not.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

It' OK

AT&T Mobility Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) Windsor, ON

ProsThey will give you the job as long as you can talk

Conshigh pressure to sell.
    No standards of leadership if your team lead is bad you just have to put up with it

For slightly above minimum wage you too can be responsible for all of AT&T's wrong doings.

Tech Support (Former Employee) Windsor, ON

ProsVery short training period to become tech support. If you can make it here you can probably make 3 times the money elsewhere because you are just that naturally talented.

ConsIf you are unfortunate enough to end up with a couple of dissatisfied customers in the course of a 1 week period you will be looking for another job.

Advice to Senior ManagementThey are too eager to take the training allowance to be at all concerned with fitting new employees into long term positions. It's as if they are preferring high turn over to employee stability.

To work at Sutherland I have lots of experience about the real work

Technical Support Representative (Current Employee) Sault Ste. Marie, ON

ProsThe best reason to work here that learn new things and use my knowledge about computer and experience from my last job

Conswork with server and doing the networking

Advice to Senior ManagementShould give some chance to the new worker who can show their talent and learn from your company

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Underpaid

Tech Support (Former Employee) Windsor, ON

ProsJust a job.
    Schooling apprenticeship
    Just a job to get paid.
    There are no other pros to put in here.

ConsStressful

Management is no help when you have a problem and they wont help you but if you cause little trouble their on your butt.

Benefits are not great, wont even cover smoking cessation drugs.

Very little raises after 6 years only making under 13.

They said that public transportation is not a valid excuse to get to work on time even though if you're scheduled for an early shift on a sunday or a late shift on a sunday when they bus is not even running and you're either late or extremely early.

Still waiting for retro pay for our yearly raise and their excuse was that I had to come off of a sick leave even though I worked the month that the raises took effect but they take so darn long for that to reflect on the paycheck. Pretty bad excuse, liars.

Air quality on the production floor sucks.

Workers don't have the proper respect for others. In Winter keep the stupid windows closed, if you're hot take off your sweater/sweatshirt. In Summer keep them closed when it Hot outside.

They always wait till the last moment to send out our T4 slips, still haven't received mine in the mail, thats why I had to bug them at the end of February to provide me a copy ASAP.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet paid sick days.
    Care more about your employees rather than metrics.
    Give proper raises and make it reflect payroll promptly not like 2 months later.
    Give employees a clothing expense.
    If a certain bus is not running on a sunday then either let the employee have sunday switched with another day or pay for that person's transportation.
    You need to be more sympathetic, if you're assessed on how sympathetic like AT&T treats Sutherland employees, you would be looking for work.

a good entry level compamy

Technical Consultant (Former Employee) Windsor, ON

Prosa good company to start your career when in school

Consodd timings and work balance is low

Advice to Senior Managementincrease salary for employees

Technical Support Agent

Technical Support Representative (Current Employee) Windsor, ON

ProsFixing clients computers and helping them working smoothly and efficiently. By using proper steps, one can get much more from the system your are using.

ConsAlmost same kind of problems resolution.

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide latest information about the products and train employees through refresher courses to keep them up to date

I am not really like to work there

Technical Support (Current Employee) Windsor, ON

Prosit has all full time benefit

ConsHowever, the team has poor management

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease hire people who are well educated

Worked for Sutherland Global Services? Contribute to the Community!