Sutherland Global Services

Updated 16 October, 2014
2.9

Sutherland Global Services Chairman and CEO Dilip R. Vellodi
Dilip R. Vellodi

Pros
  • You work from home, you can communicate with coaches and managers through a messenger (in 19 reviews)

• Flexible work environment, freedom to explore imagination and creativity (in 23 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance is depends upon project you are working on (in 10 reviews)

• Sweat-Shop work environment and managers that did not know product (in 10 reviews)

More Highlights

great environment

I have been working at Sutherland Global Services

Pros

Culture, ethics, managers, lot to learn and improved communication skills.

Cons

Compensation, lack of refreshments, etc,etc and etc.

Good Intent, Bad Management

I have been working at Sutherland Global Services full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Work life balance is OK, sometimes the amount of freedom is beyond great. Salaries are decent. Some good people work here.

Cons

Zero governance of any kind. Private company, what the chairman says goes...senior level employees (especially C suite) take advantage of this as exploit as much as they can and get away with not doing what they are supposed to do.

Dig into issues that are festering in many areas, especially within the IT organization and client services organization.

Perfection or fired

I worked at Sutherland Global Services full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great co-workers! Would be easy to unionize!

Cons

Constant surveillance, management encourages and rewards spying on co-workers in a very intrusive and unkind way.

Give a little more lassitude to gain employee loyalty.

Absolutely love my job

Current Employee - Team Manager in Windsor, ON
    Current Employee - Team Manager in Windsor, ON

I have been working at Sutherland Global Services full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Management is really willing to help you improve. Opportunities consistently to advance within the company. Value employee input. Willing to work with reps who need assistance. New building is great. Love that Sutherland raises and donates money for charity.

Cons

Client requests are at times erratic and difficult to implement on the time schedule. Attrition is high partly because there are only yearly pay raises.

More opportunity throughout the year to get a pay increase.

Sutherland Global Services Response

Jul 01, 2014Sourcing Solutions Specialist

Thanks for taking the time to write a bit about your experiences at Sutherland, and it is refreshing to hear how your career is being positively affected. Aiding in the growth and advancement of our ... More

It was a good full time position with benefits, and availability to move within the company.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Windsor, ON
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Windsor, ON

I have been working at Sutherland Global Services full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Sutherland offers a pretty decent benefit package after 3 months of employment. You get pull time hours with the option of overtime when available. They were able to work with me while I was still attending school, and I was able to land a position that related to my school shortly after graduating.

Cons

You get paid minimum wage to start, and even when you move within the company they don't increase the pay by much. It can get a little stressful being on calls especially when they are trying to implement new programs.

They need to pay more attention to their employees who are doing their jobs properly rather than the ones who are not.

It' OK

Former Employee - AT&T Mobility Customer Service Representative in Windsor, ON
    Former Employee - AT&T Mobility Customer Service Representative in Windsor, ON

I worked at Sutherland Global Services full-time (less than an year)

Pros

They will give you the job as long as you can talk

Cons

high pressure to sell.
    No standards of leadership if your team lead is bad you just have to put up with it

For slightly above minimum wage you too can be responsible for all of AT&T's wrong doings.

I worked at Sutherland Global Services full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Very short training period to become tech support. If you can make it here you can probably make 3 times the money elsewhere because you are just that naturally talented.

Cons

If you are unfortunate enough to end up with a couple of dissatisfied customers in the course of a 1 week period you will be looking for another job.

They are too eager to take the training allowance to be at all concerned with fitting new employees into long term positions. It's as if they are preferring high turn over to employee stability.

To work at Sutherland I have lots of experience about the real work

Current Employee - Technical Support Representative in Sault Ste. Marie, ON
    Current Employee - Technical Support Representative in Sault Ste. Marie, ON

I have been working at Sutherland Global Services full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The best reason to work here that learn new things and use my knowledge about computer and experience from my last job

Cons

work with server and doing the networking

Should give some chance to the new worker who can show their talent and learn from your company

Underpaid

Former Employee - Tech Support in Windsor, ON

I worked at Sutherland Global Services full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Just a job.
    Schooling apprenticeship
    Just a job to get paid.
    There are no other pros to put in here.

Cons

Stressful

Management is no help when you have a problem and they wont help you but if you cause little trouble their on your butt.

Benefits are not great, wont even cover smoking cessation drugs.

Very little raises after 6 years only making under 13.

They said that public transportation is not a valid excuse to get to work on time even though if you're scheduled for an early shift on a sunday or a late shift on a sunday when they bus is not even running and you're either late or extremely early.

Still waiting for retro pay for our yearly raise and their excuse was that I had to come off of a sick leave even though I worked the month that the raises took effect but they take so darn long for that to reflect on the paycheck. Pretty bad excuse, liars.

Air quality on the production floor sucks.

Workers don't have the proper respect for others. In Winter keep the stupid windows closed, if you're hot take off your sweater/sweatshirt. In Summer keep them closed when it Hot outside.

They always wait till the last moment to send out our T4 slips, still haven't received mine in the mail, thats why I had to bug them at the end of February to provide me a copy ASAP.

Get paid sick days.
    Care more about your employees rather than metrics.
    Give proper raises and make it reflect payroll promptly not like 2 months later.
    Give employees a clothing expense.
    If a certain bus is not running on a sunday then either let the employee have sunday switched with another day or pay for that person's transportation.
    You need to be more sympathetic, if you're assessed on how sympathetic like AT&T treats Sutherland employees, you would be looking for work.

a good entry level compamy

Former Employee - Technical Consultant in Windsor, ON
    Former Employee - Technical Consultant in Windsor, ON

I worked at Sutherland Global Services full-time (more than an year)

Pros

a good company to start your career when in school

Cons

odd timings and work balance is low

increase salary for employees