Sunoco

Be The First To
Add Photos

Sunoco President & CEO Brian P. McDonald

Brian P. McDonald

Pros
  • Good benefits, tuition reimbursement, business casual dress code, 9/80 work schedule (in 7 reviews)

• 80 hours in 9 days work schedule (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management doesn't care at all about the regular working person (in 5 reviews)

• High stress levels, no job security, and low morale (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

great

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) Milton, ON

Prosworking with manager closely and friendly management

Conssmall store, less Busy, too congested

Advice to Senior ManagementNA

Great place to work

Sales Representative (Former Employee) Brampton, ON

ProsGreat place to work at if you have a friend to work with. However, this depends on the owner of the gas station.

ConsTypical menial job. The pay wasn't great, and the hours were long and boring.

overall good company just low salary for work expected

Assistant Manager (Current Employee) Goose Creek, SC (US)

Prosdifferent experience every day with customers

Conspay and hours are not compensatory for the work provided

Advice to Senior Managementtry a little more pay and you will keep better employees

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

It is was a good experience. I used to work for a Sunoco franchise in Swampscott and Chelmsford-MA

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThey pay vacation and offer a lot of trainings. They are using an oracle database up to date.

ConsWhen you work for a franchise, there is little chance for promotion.

Face paced, keeps you on you toes, you don't get bored

Student (Former Employee) Kingsport, TN (US)

Proschallenging, never boring,but no where to move up ladder for management

ConsI don't see anyone moving up the ladder very quickly

Wonderful Company to work for.

Internal Auditor (Former Employee) Philadelphia, PA (US)

ProsGreat pay and benefits. Huge opportunities for growth within the company. Started low on the totem pole and worked my way up. I worked for this company for 13 years and have no complaints. I left the position to move to a territory that does not have company operated stores. Otherwise, I would have stayed with the company. I would recommend them to anyone looking for a job with huge growth opportunities.

ConsThere are no cons to working for this company.

Systems Analyst

Systems Analyst (Current Employee) Philadelphia, PA (US)

ProsThis company has a very good idea of what your need to succeed in industry. I recommend it to students and young professionals looking to get in to the energy business. Benefits are middle of the road to good. I am not disappointed with my experience.

ConsAt times you may not be able to keep up with your work. This is something you need to learn to navigate. Request resources, but otherwise go to your boss and ask what they need done most. The people are reasonable.

Abusive, Harassing, Bullying and Demeaning environment

Corporate Trainer - Personal Assistant (Current Employee) Phila, PA (US)

ProsGood Starting Salary and Benefits

ConsExtremely demotivating and consistent harassment. Within the first 45 seconds they changed my position from corporate trainer to personal assistant. No proper chain of command. Top three executive positions were vacant leaving unqualified personnel complete run of the division. Abusive obscenities is their motivational style.

Advice to Senior ManagementThree weeks after reporting the abuse, harassment and bullying under the "Sunoco Report Harassment" section of their website, I was dismissed. Get a Clue !!

Was a great company, but went through tough times and downsizing

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsCentrally located in the Philadelphia Area, 9/80 work week (off every other friday), great benefits and salary, tuition reimbursement

ConsMajority of the company was sold off so it does not have nearly the size and scale that it had in the past.

Good Job

Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) Westville, NJ (US)

ProsPeople very knowledgable and helpful. Pay was as good as any company around and excellent benefits.

ConsCouldnt always get a day off when needed. Upper management doesn't care at all about the regular working person. Staffing is way to short.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry listening and caring for your employees. There is more to making a great place to work than just making money. We are all human so treat us that way.

Worked for Sunoco? Contribute to the Community!