SunGard

SunGard Reviews

Updated Apr 20, 2014

SunGard President, CEO and Director Russell P. (Russ) Fradin

Russell P. (Russ) Fradin

Pros:
  • "flexible work times, easy work environment, good salary, good work life balance"
    in 33 reviews
  • "Very flexible work environment with relatively low workload stress"
    in 17 reviews
Cons:
  • "unless you're upper management or sales you won't be raking in big bonuses and perks but they are there"
    in 11 reviews
  • "Very fragmented structure with multiple business units , complicated communications"
    in 9 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

very happy

Project Manager (Current Employee)
Montreal, QC

I have been working at SunGard

Prosinternational company which is known all over the world

Constraining process is not good at all

Advice to Senior Managementwork on training and employee packages

Learning Opportunity

Business Analyst (Former Employee)

I worked at SunGard full-time for more than 10 years

ProsStaff was kept when EIM was purchased
Family feeling
Upper Management tried to keep us positive
Very team focused
Great PM's

ConsWorried about bottom line- therefore clients had to pay for upgrades which they refused to
Seem to buy small profitable companies, bleed them of resources, layoff all staff and shut company down
HR not effective
Deals were hampered with clients because by accounting because of meeting revenue quota's and ownership of source code
Farmed many jobs to India reducing staff in North America and UK

Advice to Senior ManagementWork with staff - they are on the front lines with the clients and understand the needs and wants
Try to remember not everything is about the bottom line - Many staff worked long hours to keep clients happy

Lots of potential but accountants run the show

Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at SunGard full-time for more than 10 years

ProsSunGard, Recovery Services, is an exciting environment that allows technicians full freedom to learn and do things that most folks only dream about. Due to our hands on approach we learn more in 6 months across more enterprise equipment than most people do in production for years. The excitement of recovering clients during a disaster is like no other workplace - you know you're doing good by helping out companies and ultimately, people.

ConsManagement talks about caring and that people are valuable. Unfortunately that's only talk, it always, always, comes down to money for them.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop pretending that your employees are important. Either do it or be truthful about it. You'll get more respect as a result.

Aquisiton growth company, but needs great improvement

Business Analyst (Current Employee)

I have been working at SunGard

ProsThere are several locations if you are interested in moving (mostly in the US, but globally as well). In addition there are several 'areas of interest' within the company (Insurance, Disaster Recover, Education) and it is a large so there are lots of opportunities available.
The benefits are decent, with company contribution to group RRSP, Employee Assistance Program in addition to Health/Medical & Dental.

ConsSungard grows by buying smaller companies - yet they don't seem to be very proficient at it. Back office changes are chaotic and unpredicatable, and communication is contradictory from one week to the next.
Incorrect first of the year payout, lack of ability to bring integrated staff into the online pay stub processing (the manual work around for paper copies leaves MUCH to be desired), conflicting/confusing travel coverage [for those employees that are consultants to clients]. Very disappointing for a company that grows by aquistion.

Advice to Senior ManagementDocument aquisition processes & adhere to them. Have at least one 'specialist' (project/program manager) to oversee integration with milestones, targets etc to make sure that there is a single point of information flow.

Good for experience, but for the long haul may not be the best choice.

I have been working at SunGard

ProsSeem to explore new ideas and technologies which allow growth for the company. They seem like a family oriented company, when it is in there best interest. Pretty fair when it comes to time off and working from home.

ConsYou just never know when you are going to get laid off as they have been going through a rough time. Seems like a clear cut line in the sand with respect to the old product and new product. Seems like two groups within Sungard trying to achieve the same goal. No unity. Lots of miscommunication and people just don't share responsibilities.

Advice to Senior ManagementJust tell the truth and don't beat around the bush. You would gain more of our respect if you just told us how it is.

Great Internship for HR

I have been working at SunGard as an intern for less than a year

ProsWork with different many different departments: Compensation, Training and Development, Recruiting, and International Mobility.
Lot of independence and opportunity for joining any project going on in the HR department.
Opportunity to work closely with HR leadership
Quiet office (could be pro or con depending on your personality)

ConsHigh wall cubicles so you can't easily talk to your neighbors

sungard

Project Manager (Current Employee)
Pune (India)

I have been working at SunGard full-time for more than 8 years

Proswork life balance, time off policies,

Conscompensation, work from home policy

great

I have been working at SunGard full-time

Prosgood pay and good people

Conslack of challenges on a daily basis

Advice to Senior Managementnone

Great if you are part of inner circle!

Wayne, PA (US)

I have been working at SunGard full-time for more than 5 years

ProsPeople are for the most part highly qualified and motivated.

ConsSenior management follows old boys network. You are clearly either in or you are out.

Advice to Senior ManagementLook at turnover rate and employee comments more seriously.

It is good for permanent members not temporary

I have been working at SunGard

ProsProduct based company so its good

ConsEmployees get less facilities than competitors

Worked for SunGard? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at SunGard reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for SunGard CEO Russell P. (Russ) Fradin. All 228 reviews are posted anonymously by SunGard employees.