www.successfactors.com

Updated 26 October, 2014
3.2

SuccessFactors President, Cloud & On Premise HR Mike Ettling
Mike Ettling

Pros
  • ment proviuded (phone, Ipad etc), ability to work from home, and some good people (in 14 reviews)

• Great people, can-do attitude shared around most functional groups (in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • SAPs purchase of Successfactors has negatively impacted Work/Life balance (in 22 reviews)

• SFSF is a pay-for-performance company so one of the key tasks is setting and achieving specific goals each year (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

Great colleages

Current Employee - Asd in Vancouver, BC
    Current Employee - Asd in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at SuccessFactors full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Awesome attitude of staff. Everyone is positive and supportive. Really interesting industry. Highly challenging, complex, competitive sales cycles. requires staff to really dig in and learn. Good technology. Supportive executive staff. HCM, cloud space is exploding.

Cons

Very competitive space. Hardest sales job I have ever had. Must know the Human Capital Management space....or be prepared to work extremely hard to learn it.

None really. Management is great. Maybe a little unsophisticated for such a large company. But not really an issue.

The times are changing...

I have been working at SuccessFactors full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Collaborative work environment, decent pay, awesome products

Cons

Tends to starve resources. It is acceptable in a start up to have limited resources working around the clock to bring a vision to life, but at this stage, SF/SAP needs to properly fund and develop resources. Too many good people are leaving because of the unreasonable demands on personal time. Too many good leaders have left.

Please invest in people. Adequate staffing levels are needed as are training and development for those that are here. Please stop trying to squeeze blood from a stone.

Comfortable place to work

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

I worked at SuccessFactors full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Flat office culture. Communication is much easier. Flexible working time. Everyone owns his/her responsibility.

Cons

Average salary is not very high. But working load isn't always very tough.

Great place to work

Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Boston, MA (US)
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Boston, MA (US)

I have been working at SuccessFactors full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

great culture, pay is good, good benefits. Customers are very positive about the solutions.

Cons

The recent sales leader from SAP are asking employees to do more with even less, higher quotas with smaller territories, less resources, migration to SAP systems is a nightmare, big company bureaucracy.

Thought it would be different...

Current Employee - Customer Support Advocate in Los Angeles, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Customer Support Advocate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

I have been working at SuccessFactors full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Working with SF was a blast, great people, high energy, motivated to help businesses maximize the return on their most expensive investment, their people. Couple this with the SaaS model and you have a great concept.

Cons

Growing and integration pains as one would expect when a company is acquired by another.
    IMO too much time spent developing new bells and whistles and not enough time ensuring the ones already available work as expected.
    Never worked at a place where there was such an abundance of training material none of which actually helps one do their job. Feels like we just make this stuff up as we go, do in large part to the constant adding of the aforementioned bells and whistles.
    Don't get a remote job if you do come here to work, make sure you work out of a brick and mortar location, will increase your chances tenfold of getting noticed and promoted.

In a word-frustrating.

Fix what we have now.
    Slow down on the development cycles.
    Catch up all documentation to current versions of product
    Conduct interactive VLS training for all modules with a support persons needs in mind not a PS consultant. We need to help fix it, not build it.
    Have given up on the idea of advancement, don't know the right people.

Poorly organized due to forced changes by sap

Former Employee - Regional Sales Manager
    Former Employee - Regional Sales Manager

I worked at SuccessFactors full-time (more than an year)

Pros

No real need to cold call generally invited to participate in evaluations.

Cons

Expensive, poor customer, do not implement own systems and rely too much on partners

Care more about the customer and practice what you preach

Was the best company I've ever worked for -- then we got bought by SAP

Current Employee - Principal in South San Francisco, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Principal in South San Francisco, CA (US)

I have been working at SuccessFactors full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

There are still a few fantastic employees left from our pre-SAP days, and I love working with them. The office is also pretty cool, and there's plenty of flexibility in when/whether to physically arrive -- working from home is fine.

Cons

Now that we've been bought by SAP, the true decision-making happens in Germany, despite the fact that SAP has historically failed in the Cloud. The Works Councils have a strangle-hold on the company, so there's little correlation been performance/experience, and professional opportunity. SAP had layoffs earlier this year, and the determining factor seems to have been whether or not the employee was German: U.S-based team members almost all got sacked, but our colleagues in Germany held onto their positions, or got transferred within SAP. Thus, the decision-makers are almost completely insulated from the consequences of bad decisions. Most of the SuccessFactors employees who were with SuccessFactors when we got bought by SAP, have fled (probably less than 10% remain).

Lars was right. The only way SAP will succeed in the Cloud long term is if you keep the Cloud business separate from the legacy on-premise business. Stop putting the folk who have failed in the Cloud in charge of the folk who have succeeded -- that's a sure fire way of getting us to leave for other companies -- and you paid billions for us. I'm on Glass Door today because I've finally had enough, and am researching how much I should I ask for in my next job (I've already interviewed with the hiring manager, and am meeting with HR tomorrow).

SuccessFactors

I have been working at SuccessFactors full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Remote work, unlimited PTO, training.

Cons

Heavy heavy workload, you don't want to take PTO the workload is so heavy. Not organized.

Lead Integration Consultant

Former Employee - Lead Integration Consultant
    Former Employee - Lead Integration Consultant

I worked at SuccessFactors full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good company with a lot of upside. The benefits are great.. especially the bonus. SAP acquisition means more opportunities. Flexibility and virtual work environment.

Cons

Not so much.... but SAP acquisition also presents some challenges and could see so restructuring. The training and education reimbursement programs could be improved.

Start up gets acquired...

I have been working at SuccessFactors full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great Company, Innovation at the speed of light. Needs more process to be oriented, which it will be now that SAP has acquired. Pure SAAS company with alot of room to grow.

Cons

Leadership is lacking since SAP acquisition. Work and workplace are very hectic, but that is slowing down since SAP aquisition.