www.successfactors.com

Updated 19 October, 2014
3.3

SuccessFactors President, Cloud & On Premise HR Mike Ettling
Mike Ettling

Pros
  • ment proviuded (phone, Ipad etc), ability to work from home, and some good people (in 14 reviews)

• Great people, can-do attitude shared around most functional groups (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • SAPs purchase of Successfactors has negatively impacted Work/Life balance (in 22 reviews)

• SFSF is a pay-for-performance company so one of the key tasks is setting and achieving specific goals each year (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

Great colleages

Current Employee - Asd in Vancouver, BC
    Current Employee - Asd in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at SuccessFactors full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Awesome attitude of staff. Everyone is positive and supportive. Really interesting industry. Highly challenging, complex, competitive sales cycles. requires staff to really dig in and learn. Good technology. Supportive executive staff. HCM, cloud space is exploding.

Cons

Very competitive space. Hardest sales job I have ever had. Must know the Human Capital Management space....or be prepared to work extremely hard to learn it.

None really. Management is great. Maybe a little unsophisticated for such a large company. But not really an issue.

The times are changing...

I have been working at SuccessFactors full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Collaborative work environment, decent pay, awesome products

Cons

Tends to starve resources. It is acceptable in a start up to have limited resources working around the clock to bring a vision to life, but at this stage, SF/SAP needs to properly fund and develop resources. Too many good people are leaving because of the unreasonable demands on personal time. Too many good leaders have left.

Please invest in people. Adequate staffing levels are needed as are training and development for those that are here. Please stop trying to squeeze blood from a stone.

Great place to work

Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Boston, MA (US)
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Boston, MA (US)

I have been working at SuccessFactors full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

great culture, pay is good, good benefits. Customers are very positive about the solutions.

Cons

The recent sales leader from SAP are asking employees to do more with even less, higher quotas with smaller territories, less resources, migration to SAP systems is a nightmare, big company bureaucracy.

Was the best company I've ever worked for -- then we got bought by SAP

Current Employee - Principal in South San Francisco, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Principal in South San Francisco, CA (US)

I have been working at SuccessFactors full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

There are still a few fantastic employees left from our pre-SAP days, and I love working with them. The office is also pretty cool, and there's plenty of flexibility in when/whether to physically arrive -- working from home is fine.

Cons

Now that we've been bought by SAP, the true decision-making happens in Germany, despite the fact that SAP has historically failed in the Cloud. The Works Councils have a strangle-hold on the company, so there's little correlation been performance/experience, and professional opportunity. SAP had layoffs earlier this year, and the determining factor seems to have been whether or not the employee was German: U.S-based team members almost all got sacked, but our colleagues in Germany held onto their positions, or got transferred within SAP. Thus, the decision-makers are almost completely insulated from the consequences of bad decisions. Most of the SuccessFactors employees who were with SuccessFactors when we got bought by SAP, have fled (probably less than 10% remain).

Lars was right. The only way SAP will succeed in the Cloud long term is if you keep the Cloud business separate from the legacy on-premise business. Stop putting the folk who have failed in the Cloud in charge of the folk who have succeeded -- that's a sure fire way of getting us to leave for other companies -- and you paid billions for us. I'm on Glass Door today because I've finally had enough, and am researching how much I should I ask for in my next job (I've already interviewed with the hiring manager, and am meeting with HR tomorrow).

I have been working at SuccessFactors full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Remote work, unlimited PTO, training.

Cons

Heavy heavy workload, you don't want to take PTO the workload is so heavy. Not organized.

Lead Integration Consultant

Former Employee - Lead Integration Consultant
    Former Employee - Lead Integration Consultant

I worked at SuccessFactors full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good company with a lot of upside. The benefits are great.. especially the bonus. SAP acquisition means more opportunities. Flexibility and virtual work environment.

Cons

Not so much.... but SAP acquisition also presents some challenges and could see so restructuring. The training and education reimbursement programs could be improved.

Start up gets acquired...

I have been working at SuccessFactors full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great Company, Innovation at the speed of light. Needs more process to be oriented, which it will be now that SAP has acquired. Pure SAAS company with alot of room to grow.

Cons

Leadership is lacking since SAP acquisition. Work and workplace are very hectic, but that is slowing down since SAP aquisition.

Great Company!

Former Employee - Implementation Consultant in San Mateo, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Implementation Consultant in San Mateo, CA (US)

I worked at SuccessFactors full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Interesting work - great people!

Cons

Busy - as field employee, sometimes feel disconnected from org

Lost momentum after acquired by SAP

Current Employee - Principal Software Engineer in South San Francisco, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Principal Software Engineer in South San Francisco, CA (US)

I have been working at SuccessFactors full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Used to be great culture. Dedicate Engineers, Sales and Supports. Very business driven. Customers are happy with our produce and service. Flexible work from home schedule.

Cons

Technical debts. Data center operations lack of automation, not like a real cloud company. Bureaucracy brought in by acquired company and SAP.

Get rid of a few rotten tomatoes. Lead SAP toward Cloud business rather than got dragged back by SAP legacy. Investing on tech infrastructure more.

It Will Be Different, That Won't Be Bad (If You Can Tolerate Change)

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in South San Francisco, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in South San Francisco, CA (US)

I have been working at SuccessFactors full-time (more than an year)

Pros

beautiful digs, smart, caring people. A special cultural legacy left by company founder. Generous perks. Casual environment. Pride in product. Inspiring colleagues.

Cons

Continued SAP integration pains, difficulty getting information. Networking essential to getting your job done. If you were used to having everything spoon fed to you, get used to the new navigation methods.

Communicate directly and tangibly. Too much abstraction leaves employees wondering what it has to do with them. Be as transparent as possible. Lack of transparency (this means everyone) leads to mistrust, gossip, lowered morale as a result of people feeling left in the dark or left out.