Subway

Subway Reviews

Updated Jul 24, 2014

Subway President Fred DeLuca

Fred DeLuca

Pros
  • At the right franchise you will get free food which is a huge bonus if you're making subway wages(in 81 reviews)

• Flexible hours, easy basic tasks, fast pace environment so always something to do(in 63 reviews)

Cons
  • cleaning, not much room for advancement - stuck at minimum wage indefinitely(in 79 reviews)

• You don't get paid much above minimum wage, and there is not much room for advancement(in 17 reviews)

Eating fresh evey day is good ;)

Sandwich Maker (Current Employee) Quebec, QC

ProsIts a good space for students half time working
    Also the food is free which is good for the employees and its like a family is the manager knows how to talk to the employees
    Also its great in a restaurant you are not dealing with hot oil.

ConsIs the minimum pay and it has no bonifications or advantages

Helped pay the bills

Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) Toronto, ON

ProsIt isn't particularly challenging, and when working with a good team, it can almost be enjoyable.

ConsI was given far too many evening shifts that I didn't want (until 3am). Only men closed the restaurant and they were always alone from about 8pm, which was always frustrating when the bars closed and we were rushed.
    There was virtually no potential for growth or advancement, nor even the potential for a raise with demonstrated skill, speed, or experience.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe company needs to be more concerned about their employees. They get minimum wage, often bad hours, no benefits whatsoever.

Overall not so bad, but it could have been better

Subway Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) Varennes, QC

ProsWhere I wax working, you could get a 6'' submarine for free every shift you have. That's about it.

ConsThe work place was very narrow, working here can be extremely stressful and the pace is waaay too fast. During Lunch hour it was simply unbearable for me. Where I used to work some of my coworkers were not nice with each other and unhelpful. Overall my experience with Subway (at least where I was located) was very stressful and unpleasant.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to make the newcomers more at ease. Make sure to adapt them slowly to the pace of the workplace and show them all they need to know.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

North Bay Subway - Like a Family

Sandwhich Artist (Former Employee) North Bay, ON

ProsGreat team environment,
    Some opportunity to advance/

ConsNot the best hours.
    Some customers can be hostile.

Great Management

Sandwich Artist (Current Employee) Toronto, ON

ProsThe pace can be fast at times but just follow your list and everything is pretty easy. The job itself does not require much skill.

ConsThe job can get boring and repetitive with more cleaning chores than expected and less actual sandwich making. Since this job doesn't require much, some people get hired who aren't very friendly or responsible making working less enjoyable.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire people who are easy to work with and get along with others well because happy employees means better service.

I didnt like working there

Sanwich Artist (Former Employee) Selkirk, MB

ProsFast paced, usually the colleagues were nice and integrated myself well with the group. And the bosses very reasonable.

ConsSmell of bread was not good. Probably wont ever eat in a subway again. I gues sthe exhaust system is not the gratest, could use an upgrade

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter working conditions would be great. Not only for the employees but alsofor the customers (some complain about the smell sticking to their clothes if they eat-in)

Views on working at Subway

Junior Manager (Current Employee) Mississauga, ON

ProsThe best reason to work here is you get to eat the fresh food. Subway is very generous with employee's meals and perks. It doesn't leave you with food smell you are done working

ConsSubways are mostly owner by people who are not great people to work with. Like they would not care about your side of the story if a customer gets angry. From my experience the treatment of employees by owners is terrible.

Advice to Senior ManagementI believe there should more opportunities of advancement. Employees are almost never aware of what is the level after becoming the manager of the store

won't get rich working here

Worker (Former Employee) Stephenville, NL

Prosfun, flexible schedule, routine work

Conslong hours, hard work, under paid, no free lunches, owners very cheap

Advice to Senior Managementreward hard work.

Terrible

Team Member (Former Employee) Vaughan, ON

ProsGood for the first job for students

ConsRepetitive job, min pay, bad relationships in a team

It was ok

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood time slots, easy to follow the rules and regulations

Consless salary, no benefits, sometimes not so good custommers

Advice to Senior Managementbe more accurate

Worked for Subway? Contribute to the Community!