Stryker

Stryker Reviews

Updated Apr 14, 2014

Stryker President & CEO Kevin A. Lobo

Kevin A. Lobo

Pros:
  • "work life balance makes people feel full enough to crave for more"
    in 19 reviews
  • "Excellent culture, great people to work with, many opportunities to grow"
    in 18 reviews
Cons:
  • "Company is still very behind the times when it comes to work/life balance"
    in 31 reviews
  • "The long hours taking care of account"
    in 20 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Lucky to work for such a great company!

Hamilton, ON

I have been working at Stryker full-time for more than 3 years

ProsThe people here are amazing, and we are all part of a common cause! I feel valued every day, my manager gives me meaningful work to make sure I am engaged, and gives autonomy or guidance when needed. I get to come to work every day with people who are equally as passionate, performance oriented, and driven. I've worked for 3 different teams in my career here so far, and while all unique, they are all equally as focused and dedicated to what they do. It's cliche to say, but it is a work hard/play hard environment that fosters friendships while achieving great things for our customers, both internal and external.

I continue to be impressed with the efforts our leaders make to increase engagement and create accountability around it with the Q12 survey, and other tools throughout the year. Stryker puts development in your court and you need to partner with your manager to figure out your personal development plan - I love this flexibility and openness. You own your career path, and our Global Mobility program has helped even more with sharing talent around the world.

I'm a social person who likes to volunteer, which we get to do through Stryker as well - there are always events and activities, often with a charitable cause, for us to take part in!

ConsMore something to be aware of: Stryker is full of achievers which is what makes it a great place to be, but every person has to find their own definition of work life integration. Make sure you take the time to figure out what works best for you. Every person, manager, and team has a different approach. Depending on your role there will be busy times throughout the year where we have to push through to deliver on the results we promise to our customers, so plan for that, and plan for time with your friends and family :) We all have them and are all human, which my manager recognizes and encourages.

Work Hard, great people

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Hamilton, ON

I worked at Stryker full-time for more than a year

ProsGreat people, Challenging positions, competative in many markets

ConsNo concept of work life balence, most positions are extremly overworked, weak leadership, high turnover

Advice to Senior Managementget more staff, reduce the work load on everyone, and maybe they would stay for more than 18 months. Pay good people more instead of the occasional Blizzard Day.

Great people, great management, high achievers

I have been working at Stryker full-time

ProsManagement has open door policy. Employee recognition and employee engagement is excellent. Great benefits and compensation package. Hiring process is in depth and challenging but it ensures best possible employees within the organization.

ConsInconsistent with promotions, not always is the right person for the right job promoted, clear favouritism is evident.

Competitive, driven, results oriented company that strives for excellence in everything they do

Human Resources (Current Employee)

I have been working at Stryker full-time for more than 3 years

ProsLove this company; great leader in Kevin Lobo; going to new heights under his leadership; strong product portfolio. Company has always pushed me to exceed my comfort zone and allows for autonomy in my job. Strong management that allows for indiividuality and self driven personalities. Good earning potential.

ConsSometimes we think too straight and narrow and don't allow for all possibilities to be considered.

Advice to Senior ManagementGreat leader in Kevin Lobo; strong benefits, ability to be promoted is strong; internal mobility program is great

Stryker is an exceptional growth company that provides strong opportunities for its employees and great products.

Design Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at Stryker full-time for more than a year

ProsThe people at Stryker are all energized to work for the company. Although the workload is substantial, it is much more fun to work in this collaborative environment than at some of my previous companies. It is also refreshing that you are able to count on your peers to complete tasks and drive work on time.

ConsThe interviewing process is a bit over the top. In total, it took several weeks and 6 interviews (not number of people I interviewed with, I am talking total sessions!) for me to get my formal offer. Compensation packages are average, but the stability of the company is a huge plus!

Great company to work for

Trauma Sales Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Stryker full-time for more than 3 years

Pros-Culture, everyone in the company has the same DNA....driven to succeed
-Provides more selling resources than all competitors
-Rewards talent, large corporation.....many options for upward mobility
-Strategic acquisitions, continuing to invest in product development while competitors survey the field

Cons-Large corporation, does not move as quickly as smaller players

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to reward top talent

Great Place to work and Great team you are in!

Manager (Current Employee)
Suzhou, Jiangsu (China)

I have been working at Stryker full-time for more than a year

ProsPeople development and Engagement culture are focuses not only for HR but also for leadership team including executive leaders and front line leaders. You always have opportunity to develop or do your best as long as you want!

ConsNot big enough in China yet. We are looking forward to being greater and stronger in China!

Advice to Senior ManagementBranding more in the market!
Continue investing on people!

A Great Place to Be

Sales Manager (Current Employee)
West, TX (US)

I have been working at Stryker full-time for more than 10 years

ProsGreat Co-workers, strong growth initiatives, People! Strong conservative culture.

ConsCross divisional teamwork but getting better

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to be innovative and outward facing toward our customers

Love where I work!

Recruiter (Current Employee)
Kalamazoo, MI (US)

I have been working at Stryker full-time for less than a year

ProsWork life balance
Autonomy
driven culture
professional opportunities
found great friends
amenities
casual friday

Consif you are interested in moving into another field, sometimes it is difficult to gain the skills in your current role to get you ready, this is only on the occasion.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to stay aggressive and take risks. I love the areas we are addressing and driving to make our organization better. The key is allowing those of us that are extremely passionate the ability to get involved and grow into the role versus wanting us to already have ALL the necessary skills prior. Talent is exceptional here and sometimes we need people to go to bat for us and our abilities as people. I believe we are moving the needle in this area.

A company like no other!

I have been working at Stryker full-time for more than 10 years

ProsStryker has a very unique culture – we are a talent based organization that seeks only the best and the brightest! We are a company that goes above and beyond for our surgeons, patients and of course our employees. We are a strengths based organization, so we work diligently with our employees to place them in roles that are the perfect fit with their attributes.

ConsBeing such a high growth, face paced company – we run fast and hard. At times, we should do a more thorough autopsy on challenges faced throughout projects to prevent them from happening again – and the outcomes should be shared across divisions to create overall best practices.

Advice to Senior ManagementOur CEO Kevin Lobo, is approachable, open-minded, highly ethical, engaging and inspiring! He personalizes his speeches to his audience which really creates loyalty and connection for the employees. I hope to see the Group Presidents take note of his style and build that same sense of loyalty and inspiration from the groups they lead.

Worked for Stryker? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Stryker reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for Stryker CEO Kevin A. Lobo. All 405 reviews are posted anonymously by Stryker employees.