Stryker Reviews

Updated 25 August, 2014

3.9

Stryker President & CEO Kevin A. Lobo
Kevin A. Lobo

Pros
  • Great work life balance, You will find great flexibility to work with no micromanagement (in 32 reviews)

• Great benefits, nice coworkers, hr is involved with company events etc (in 19 reviews)

Cons
  • Company is still very behind the times when it comes to work/life balance (in 33 reviews)

• The long hours taking care of account (in 20 reviews)

More Highlights

Lucky to work for such a great company!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Hamilton, ON
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hamilton, ON

I have been working at Stryker full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The people here are amazing, and we are all part of a common cause! I feel valued every day, my manager gives me meaningful work to make sure I am engaged, and gives autonomy or guidance when needed. I get to come to work every day with people who are equally as passionate, performance oriented, and driven. I've worked for 3 different teams in my career here so far, and while all unique, they are all equally as focused and dedicated to what they do. It's cliche to say, but it is a work hard/play hard environment that fosters friendships while achieving great things for our customers, both internal and external.

I continue to be impressed with the efforts our leaders make to increase engagement and create accountability around it with the Q12 survey, and other tools throughout the year. Stryker puts development in your court and you need to partner with your manager to figure out your personal development plan - I love this flexibility and openness. You own your career path, and our Global Mobility program has helped even more with sharing talent around the world.

I'm a social person who likes to volunteer, which we get to do through Stryker as well - there are always events and activities, often with a charitable cause, for us to take part in!

Cons

More something to be aware of: Stryker is full of achievers which is what makes it a great place to be, but every person has to find their own definition of work life integration. Make sure you take the time to figure out what works best for you. Every person, manager, and team has a different approach. Depending on your role there will be busy times throughout the year where we have to push through to deliver on the results we promise to our customers, so plan for that, and plan for time with your friends and family :) We all have them and are all human, which my manager recognizes and encourages.

Overrated

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Dundas, ON
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dundas, ON

I worked at Stryker full-time

Pros

-Very interesting line of products.
    -Training is great
    -Benefits package is top notch.

Cons

It's not how hard you work, it's who you cuddle up to. At times, it can be very childish and manipulative. Their "Culture" needs tweaking, especially in Canada.

Work Hard, great people

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Hamilton, ON
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hamilton, ON

I worked at Stryker full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great people, Challenging positions, competative in many markets

Cons

No concept of work life balence, most positions are extremly overworked, weak leadership, high turnover

get more staff, reduce the work load on everyone, and maybe they would stay for more than 18 months. Pay good people more instead of the occasional Blizzard Day.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great people, great management, high achievers

I have been working at Stryker full-time

Pros

Management has open door policy. Employee recognition and employee engagement is excellent. Great benefits and compensation package. Hiring process is in depth and challenging but it ensures best possible employees within the organization.

Cons

Inconsistent with promotions, not always is the right person for the right job promoted, clear favouritism is evident.

Great place to work if you want to learn new technology

I worked at Stryker

Pros

management assigns jobs based on talent

Cons

too much politics at the higher level

Good Environment for Sales Rep

Former Employee - Senior Account Manager  in  Washington, DC (US)
    Former Employee - Senior Account Manager in Washington, DC (US)

I worked at Stryker full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great management team, fair policies. Nice amount of independence and little to no micromanaging the sales force. Good pay and benefits. I felt like my opinions and suggestions were heard and valued.

Cons

My division was acquired by stryker in 2009. I was surprised at how long the transition took to become a more integrated part of the company. The R&D portion of my division was slow and inadequate.

Stryker has a great culture

Former Employee - Technician
    Former Employee - Technician

I worked at Stryker full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Decent pay, benefits, strong work ethic and culture which translate to pride in company and products. Start right out with 3 weeks vacation, HR helps in life's necessities like they really care as do co-workers. Managers will know your name and encourage your development.

Cons

Easy to get personal life tied into work life as the two become the same working towards great and necessary products that really save or improve lives. Personal development is strongly encouraged, so not the best company for someone who just wants time to pass quietly by.

Interact with other plants/divisions within corporate structure more. Purchasing/Materials, base procedures, IS, etc., many teams could share knowledge and procedures within the corporation for improved efficiency and audits.

Great Place to Work and headed in the right direction

Current Employee - Business Services  in  Sydney (Australia)
    Current Employee - Business Services in Sydney (Australia)

I have been working at Stryker full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great culture and strong values. No matter what section of the business you work in, people at Stryker very motivated to achieve. You will be fully supported in making the most of your strengths and will learn a lot. A great place to develop your career.

Cons

Very fast paced environment. Not for slackers.

Keep doing what you are doing and investing in the business to support growth.

High pressure, high rewards

Current Employee - Account Manager  in  Kansas City, MO (US)
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Kansas City, MO (US)

I have been working at Stryker full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great support, well laid-out goals and expectations

Cons

Hitting your "number" is the main priority

Good work Life balance

Current Employee - Design Engineer  in  Gurgaon, Haryana (India)
    Current Employee - Design Engineer in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I have been working at Stryker full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

innovative product related to medical

Cons

too much hr related activities

none

Worked for Stryker? Contribute to the Community!