Stryker Reviews

Updated 17 September, 2014
3.9

Stryker President & CEO Kevin A. Lobo
Kevin A. Lobo

Pros
  • Great work life balance, You will find great flexibility to work with no micromanagement (in 32 reviews)

• Great benefits, nice coworkers, hr is involved with company events etc (in 19 reviews)

Cons
  • Company is still very behind the times when it comes to work/life balance (in 33 reviews)

• The long hours taking care of account (in 20 reviews)

More Highlights

Lucky to work for such a great company!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Hamilton, ON
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hamilton, ON

I have been working at Stryker full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The people here are amazing, and we are all part of a common cause! I feel valued every day, my manager gives me meaningful work to make sure I am engaged, and gives autonomy or guidance when needed. I get to come to work every day with people who are equally as passionate, performance oriented, and driven. I've worked for 3 different teams in my career here so far, and while all unique, they are all equally as focused and dedicated to what they do. It's cliche to say, but it is a work hard/play hard environment that fosters friendships while achieving great things for our customers, both internal and external.

I continue to be impressed with the efforts our leaders make to increase engagement and create accountability around it with the Q12 survey, and other tools throughout the year. Stryker puts development in your court and you need to partner with your manager to figure out your personal development plan - I love this flexibility and openness. You own your career path, and our Global Mobility program has helped even more with sharing talent around the world.

I'm a social person who likes to volunteer, which we get to do through Stryker as well - there are always events and activities, often with a charitable cause, for us to take part in!

Cons

More something to be aware of: Stryker is full of achievers which is what makes it a great place to be, but every person has to find their own definition of work life integration. Make sure you take the time to figure out what works best for you. Every person, manager, and team has a different approach. Depending on your role there will be busy times throughout the year where we have to push through to deliver on the results we promise to our customers, so plan for that, and plan for time with your friends and family :) We all have them and are all human, which my manager recognizes and encourages.

Overrated

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Dundas, ON
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dundas, ON

I worked at Stryker full-time

Pros

-Very interesting line of products.
    -Training is great
    -Benefits package is top notch.

Cons

It's not how hard you work, it's who you cuddle up to. At times, it can be very childish and manipulative. Their "Culture" needs tweaking, especially in Canada.

Work Hard, great people

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Hamilton, ON
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hamilton, ON

I worked at Stryker full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great people, Challenging positions, competative in many markets

Cons

No concept of work life balence, most positions are extremly overworked, weak leadership, high turnover

get more staff, reduce the work load on everyone, and maybe they would stay for more than 18 months. Pay good people more instead of the occasional Blizzard Day.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great people, great management, high achievers

I have been working at Stryker full-time

Pros

Management has open door policy. Employee recognition and employee engagement is excellent. Great benefits and compensation package. Hiring process is in depth and challenging but it ensures best possible employees within the organization.

Cons

Inconsistent with promotions, not always is the right person for the right job promoted, clear favouritism is evident.

Tough to get in. Company really focuses on helping you grow once full time employee

Current Employee - Sales  in  Mahwah, NJ (US)
    Current Employee - Sales in Mahwah, NJ (US)

I have been working at Stryker full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

A very high paced competitive environment that pushes everyone to work really hard. There is a sense of pride and community at Stryker. A few more great things Stryker offers are Tuition Reimbursement, Good benefits, Free Gym, competitive salaries.

Cons

The interview process can be extremely long(4-6 interviewers) and the Gallup is weighted too much in selecting a candidate.

Many of the constant one on one meetings with managers can be counter productive and repetitive. Keep working with employees to establish communicated objectives and goals.

Great Company & People

I have been working at Stryker as a contractor for more than a year

Pros

I have been working as a contractor for Stryker and it has been a great opportunity to grow in my knowledge and career. They have great communication and consideration of your personal life events...example PTO.

Cons

Very hard to get in as direct hire.

Keep rocking it.

Driven people, driven company, great portfolio and lots of opportunities

I worked at Stryker full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

High achiever environment, plenty of opportunities, great people to work with and products that have market leadership in many fields which makes it more it interesting to work with

Cons

Not always easy to change a known and worn path, even when environment has changed. More experimentation with new approaches could be helpful

Experiment with new ideas

Best of the Best Medical Device Companies

Current Employee - Anonymous  in  Flower Mound, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Flower Mound, TX (US)

I have been working at Stryker full-time for more than a year

Pros

Competitive culture.
    Your opinion matters.
    The products we make help people live better lives.
    Work environment...fast paced and fun!

Cons

Flexibile work schedules.
    Cafeteria in all locations.

Keep buying companies and be sure you integrate them successfully.

Great home for "A Players" to develop their careers

Current Employee - Manager  in  Kalamazoo, MI (US)
    Current Employee - Manager in Kalamazoo, MI (US)

I have been working at Stryker full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

- Work hard - play hard culture.
    - Pay for performance.
    - Lots of opportunities for professionals to stretch themselves and grow.
    - Plenty of autonomy and responsibility early in your career . . . if you prove yourself.
    - The chance to work on products that have a significant positive impact on society.
    - Awesome people!

Cons

- This is an environment for A players who want to better their game. Anyone who doesn't have that intensity gets run over (this is only a con for sub-A players).
    - Stryker's talent management tools for hiring and development, while extremely effective, are intimidating to the uninitiated.
    - Interviewing and hiring process can be daunting and long.
    - Compensation is only industry average, even for high performers.

Our people are everything!!! A players want to work with other A players! Stick to your guns on aggressive talent selecting and management, but streamline the hiring process. Hire great candidates strategically so we don't lose them, and then find the right home for them.

Good company

Current Employee - Packaging Engineer  in  Kalamazoo, MI (US)
    Current Employee - Packaging Engineer in Kalamazoo, MI (US)

I have been working at Stryker full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good benefits, work environment and opportunities for growth

Cons

none at this time since I have been with the company less than 2years

Continue promoting stryker culture

Worked for Stryker? Contribute to the Community!