Stryker

Stryker Reviews

Updated Jul 26, 2014

Stryker President & CEO Kevin A. Lobo

Kevin A. Lobo

Pros
  • Great work life balance, You will find great flexibility to work with no micromanagement(in 32 reviews)

• Great benefits, nice coworkers, hr is involved with company events etc(in 19 reviews)

Cons
  • Company is still very behind the times when it comes to work/life balance(in 33 reviews)

• The long hours taking care of account(in 20 reviews)

Lucky to work for such a great company!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Hamilton, ON

ProsThe people here are amazing, and we are all part of a common cause! I feel valued every day, my manager gives me meaningful work to make sure I am engaged, and gives autonomy or guidance when needed. I get to come to work every day with people who are equally as passionate, performance oriented, and driven. I've worked for 3 different teams in my career here so far, and while all unique, they are all equally as focused and dedicated to what they do. It's cliche to say, but it is a work hard/play hard environment that fosters friendships while achieving great things for our customers, both internal and external.

I continue to be impressed with the efforts our leaders make to increase engagement and create accountability around it with the Q12 survey, and other tools throughout the year. Stryker puts development in your court and you need to partner with your manager to figure out your personal development plan - I love this flexibility and openness. You own your career path, and our Global Mobility program has helped even more with sharing talent around the world.

I'm a social person who likes to volunteer, which we get to do through Stryker as well - there are always events and activities, often with a charitable cause, for us to take part in!

ConsMore something to be aware of: Stryker is full of achievers which is what makes it a great place to be, but every person has to find their own definition of work life integration. Make sure you take the time to figure out what works best for you. Every person, manager, and team has a different approach. Depending on your role there will be busy times throughout the year where we have to push through to deliver on the results we promise to our customers, so plan for that, and plan for time with your friends and family :) We all have them and are all human, which my manager recognizes and encourages.

Work Hard, great people

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Hamilton, ON

ProsGreat people, Challenging positions, competative in many markets

ConsNo concept of work life balence, most positions are extremly overworked, weak leadership, high turnover

Advice to Senior Managementget more staff, reduce the work load on everyone, and maybe they would stay for more than 18 months. Pay good people more instead of the occasional Blizzard Day.

Great people, great management, high achievers

ProsManagement has open door policy. Employee recognition and employee engagement is excellent. Great benefits and compensation package. Hiring process is in depth and challenging but it ensures best possible employees within the organization.

ConsInconsistent with promotions, not always is the right person for the right job promoted, clear favouritism is evident.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Awesome

Prosone word... Culture! It's amazing to work for an organization that truly cares about its people!

ConsLocation. Kalamazoo is just not a 'happening' place to be

Good Place

ProsGood food
    great work place
    work life balance

ConsThere are not enough parking space in this building

Advice to Senior Managementgood management

Best job ever

Account Manager (Current Employee) San Antonio, TX (US)

ProsThe money is the best

ConsDevice failures is the worst

Advice to Senior ManagementListen up

Great company with growth opportunities

Supply Chain (Current Employee) Mahwah, NJ (US)

ProsThere are many opportunities for those who are ambitious.

ConsSystems need to be upgraded

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest in systems upgrades

Great Enviroment

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe culture of the company has been the best out of any of my previous experiences. Everyone is willing to help an intern. There are many fun events and activities that the company provides for their employees; free Six Flag event, basketball tournaments, etc.

ConsThe intern to full time employee is not as high as I would want it to be.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to keep more talented interns.

Satisfying

QA Manager (Current Employee) San Juan, PR (US)

ProsFamily Culture Driven, Flexiblity, Challenges

ConsBenefits
    Lack of structure within roles and responsibilites

Advice to Senior ManagementTake those that are your key players and protect them, recognize consistency and what you want to be repeated

Interesting

Project Manager (Current Employee) Kalamazoo, MI (US)

ProsWork life balance, day to day flexibility, friendly co-workes, and good benefits.

ConsSalary is below industry standards, managers driven by Q-12, very political environment, and very political.

Advice to Senior ManagementEmployees do not feel comfortable with Q-12. Also, take a strong look at experienced engineers salaries, as they are even low for W Michigan.

Worked for Stryker? Contribute to the Community!