Stryker Reviews

Updated 29 October, 2014
3.9

Stryker President & CEO Kevin A. Lobo
Kevin A. Lobo

Pros
  • High energy environment provides for fun work days and natural work/life balance (in 40 reviews)

• You also work with great people who seem to truly care about the end product (in 25 reviews)

Cons
  • Company is still very behind the times when it comes to work/life balance (in 36 reviews)

• The long hours taking care of account (in 22 reviews)

More Highlights

Lucky to work for such a great company!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hamilton, ON
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hamilton, ON

I have been working at Stryker full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The people here are amazing, and we are all part of a common cause! I feel valued every day, my manager gives me meaningful work to make sure I am engaged, and gives autonomy or guidance when needed. I get to come to work every day with people who are equally as passionate, performance oriented, and driven. I've worked for 3 different teams in my career here so far, and while all unique, they are all equally as focused and dedicated to what they do. It's cliche to say, but it is a work hard/play hard environment that fosters friendships while achieving great things for our customers, both internal and external.

I continue to be impressed with the efforts our leaders make to increase engagement and create accountability around it with the Q12 survey, and other tools throughout the year. Stryker puts development in your court and you need to partner with your manager to figure out your personal development plan - I love this flexibility and openness. You own your career path, and our Global Mobility program has helped even more with sharing talent around the world.

I'm a social person who likes to volunteer, which we get to do through Stryker as well - there are always events and activities, often with a charitable cause, for us to take part in!

Cons

More something to be aware of: Stryker is full of achievers which is what makes it a great place to be, but every person has to find their own definition of work life integration. Make sure you take the time to figure out what works best for you. Every person, manager, and team has a different approach. Depending on your role there will be busy times throughout the year where we have to push through to deliver on the results we promise to our customers, so plan for that, and plan for time with your friends and family :) We all have them and are all human, which my manager recognizes and encourages.

Overrated

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dundas, ON
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dundas, ON

I worked at Stryker full-time

Pros

-Very interesting line of products.
    -Training is great
    -Benefits package is top notch.

Cons

It's not how hard you work, it's who you cuddle up to. At times, it can be very childish and manipulative. Their "Culture" needs tweaking, especially in Canada.

Work Hard, great people

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hamilton, ON
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hamilton, ON

I worked at Stryker full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great people, Challenging positions, competative in many markets

Cons

No concept of work life balence, most positions are extremly overworked, weak leadership, high turnover

get more staff, reduce the work load on everyone, and maybe they would stay for more than 18 months. Pay good people more instead of the occasional Blizzard Day.

Great people, great management, high achievers

I have been working at Stryker full-time

Pros

Management has open door policy. Employee recognition and employee engagement is excellent. Great benefits and compensation package. Hiring process is in depth and challenging but it ensures best possible employees within the organization.

Cons

Inconsistent with promotions, not always is the right person for the right job promoted, clear favouritism is evident.

A great place to work

Former Employee - R&D Mechanical Engineering in Kalamazoo, MI (US)
    Former Employee - R&D Mechanical Engineering in Kalamazoo, MI (US)

I worked at Stryker as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Stryker is an incredible place to work. People are highly motivated and interested in what they are working on. The culture is very unique. They are focused on overall wellness, and support a good work/life balance, while still expecting a lot from their employees.

Cons

I absolutely loved Stryker. Working for a large company, especially one regulated by the FDA can be a bit stressful at times, however everyone at Stryker handled things well, and it rarely felt like a huge corporation.

Great company to grow in

I have been working at Stryker full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

This is a great company to work for. In the Top 10 places to work for in the Bay Area. Lots of room to grow and if the company sees potential in you, you can job to any position you want. I went from finance to support to engineering just because someone believed in me.

Cons

salary is lower than other companies in this area but the work environment makes up for it

this company has a lot of you players that work hard. Invest in your employees and they will keep giving.

Great company that has a great culture.

Current Employee - Analyst in San Jose, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Analyst in San Jose, CA (US)

I have been working at Stryker full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Flexible work schedule, you work with your "best friends", profitable company, etc.

Cons

Pay is lower than expected.

A degree does not mean you should be a manager. Sometimes experience should compare to a degree.
    Also when someone is not recruited they can still be on the fast track to management if you give them the same opportunities.

Good experience

I have been working at Stryker

Pros

fun,good work life balance,training

Cons

The pay is low and not substantial

Internship

Current Employee - Intern in Tempe, AZ (US)
    Current Employee - Intern in Tempe, AZ (US)

I have been working at Stryker as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

-Assigned project with goals and objectives
    -In depth training is an opportunity to see all aspects of the business
    -The company makes sure that you know you are a valuable asset to them and that you can make a difference
    -Your performance, accomplishments, and things you do are in your hands.
    -Welcoming environment and teams. By the end of the summer you feel like you are one of the full time employees.
    -There are multiple interns

Cons

Still trying to decipher if there are any

Continue to embrace the internship program!

Great company, even better employees

Current Employee - Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Sales Representative

I have been working at Stryker full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Stryker has a great corporate culture that fosters growth and selects the best talent in the industry. I have never met individuals from in-house to the sales force that are more passionate about what they do. Beyond the personnel, Stryker does a fantastic job of funneling dollars back into R&D to push the market/technologies forward and continue to develop Best-in-Class products

Cons

I have none thus far