Stream Global Services

Stream Global Services Reviews

Updated Jul 28, 2014

Stream Global Services Chairman & CEO Kathryn Marinello

Kathryn Marinello

Pros
  • good environment to work and good people as well (in 10 reviews)

• Casual environment along with some unique benefits at the call center (in 16 reviews)

Cons
  • No employee can manage a family or a life working at this call center (in 18 reviews)

• There are no raises just a bonus that less than 5% of employees ever reach (in 13 reviews)

More Highlights

not bad

Technical Support Professional (Former Employee) Belleville, ON

ProsEasy work, f/t hours, cafeteria is ok. Not micro managed if you do your job.

ConsThe pay was not great, not much room for promotion, also constantly worried about being fired for no reason all the time.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to manage people with out using performance write ups. Don't micro manage the good reps that are doing a good job. Focus on those that need help.

Good job while finding a real one.

Senior Support Professional (Former Employee) Chilliwack, BC

Pros- anyone can get hired
    - 1-3 weeks of paid training, perfect time to job hunt
    - "everyone is in this crap together" mentality, so your co-workers are your support group
    - great experience in that it really stresses the importance of some sort of post-secondary education or training

Cons- they try to press this disgusting corporate-cult mentality, but they don't pay high enough or provide enough benefits for anyone to take it seriously other than a few brainwashed lifers
    - Limited number of sick days
    - Salary caps at $15/hr, even for team managers

Advice to Senior ManagementStop with the churn-and-burn employment tactics, you're going to run out of suckers eventually.

Customer Service Representative

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) Glace Bay, NS

ProsVery friendly environment, friendly managers, and flexibel time. Good working when your are student.

ConsMore fructuated customers, need more patient, can improve excellent communication, and high class training. additional benifits from stream university, will help you to earn professional certification programes. and more oppertunity for internal growth.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep going,

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

great

Technical Support Professional (Former Employee) Belleville, ON

Prosgood working environment with great support from my higher authorities

Conspersonal growth is not likely what I expected

Advice to Senior Managementgreat job keep going

Good environment, Friendly Team members

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) Glace Bay, NS

ProsRotating Shift, and best place to work while study..

ConsHigh pressure, difficult to deal with customers.

A good starting point

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) London, ON

ProsGain valuable experience.
    Pay isn't terrible for call center.
    Potential for sales bonuses.
    Mostly friendly management staff and coworkers.
    Great shift flexibility while attending school.
    Very easy to get hired.

This isn't a job you keep for life. Gain some skills, experience and references and move onto something better.

ConsCall center.
    Forced sales quotas.
    Job role changes without notice.
    While pay isn't bad for a call center, it's still not very good.
    Poor recruiting practices (or recruiting desperation) leads to many unskilled, unmotivated workers.
    Some contracts are extremely busy (constant high call queues) which leads to high stress and burnout.
    Training is hit-or-miss. Some of the trainers are great, others need to find another line of work. Company disinterested in weeding out the bad ones.
    Low salary cap means that the best employees max out very early on (within a couple years) and have no incentive to try anymore - very poor policy on Stream's part.

Advice to Senior ManagementCompany policies are detrimental to retaining talent. Low salary caps, constant high call volumes, forced sales quotas, poor training and bad scheduling policies all lead to the best employees seeking work elsewhere. Stream is constantly hiring and it's because they can't keep good talent.

Worst Job I Have ever worked.

Inbound Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) Glace Bay, NS

ProsIt's a paying job i guess. Better than being unemployed I guess.

ConsThe management team is terrible and look down upon their employees and seem to have some kind of god complex. The only people who have been there for years are put on a pedestal as well but only because they have learned to brown nose through life with the all mighty managers. You are given no opportunity to exceed and unrealistically high goals are set which are impossible to accomplish which results in you being screamed at unmercifully by people both on the phone as well as your supervisors. Whenever you ask a question you are belittled and pretty much told you are stupid and your question goes unanswered. The pay is low and the benefits are beyond terrible. Not to mention you are not valued at all and your health is not taken as important as you sit in a broken chair all day in a building more than likely contaminated with mold spores which has not been cleaned in years because the company is too cheap to employ a cleaning staff anymore. To add a cherry to the top of the sundae you are belittled and humiliated by having to take part in performance contests where you are given incentives such as chocolate bars, bags of chips, and pop, treated like you are a kid in grade school and put in a degrading situation as an adult. When good prizes are offered such as gift cards and flat screens, you are told the prize would be free when really it is taken off your pay. You are not valued here and not respected or cared about in any way.

Advice to Senior ManagementAll of management should be fired and replaced with monkeys. They could run a company better than you guys.

the perfect call center agent

Customer Service Professional (Former Employee) Belleville, ON

Prosclean place, great people, good floor support, great managers, great benefit plan, lots of humour between the employees.

Consasking for help on a new contract was a big mistake, as I went to general manager, then manager on the floor would write me down for every little thing I did wrong. At stream its all about creating the best agents, it lacks of human understanding. Days off are really hard to obtain, Took me 8 months to be able to have weekends off. Really bad shift bidding style as you stay on that shift for months. new contract was horrible, no support, college students just wastes your time as employees they don't care. you are NEVER PERFECT ENOUGH. Don't bother for positive coaching as it don't exists, you are there to perform that's it, Oh and Human ressources aren't doing much.

Advice to Senior Managementin the main entrance you can see, better care from people who cares. Well please don't just make it look nice and do work on caring. This building sucks the life out of you because of so much negativity, YOU NEED TO WORK WITH HUMAN NEEDS and CARING.

Not good long term career prospects

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) Belleville, ON

ProsGood co-workers and nice cafeteria

ConsHigh pressure for sales and potential for bad shifts

Advice to Senior ManagementAppreciate the effort that your staff put in.

Not very much fun.

Customer Service and Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) Glace Bay, NS

ProsInside work. Warm, clean and dry. Coworkers were generally very friendly. Offered full-time employment in an economically depressed region.

ConsManagement's idea of boosting morale is offering unpaid time off as a reward for high work quality. Work is generally unfulfilling, and no real incentive is offered for excellence. General failure to promote employee happiness and wellbeing. Gained 25+ lbs during the eight months I worked there.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake a greater effort to help employees be happy. Letting people go home early without pay is NOT a reward.

Worked for Stream Global Services? Contribute to the Community!