Stream Global Services

Stream Global Services Reviews

Updated Apr 16, 2014

Stream Global Services Chairman & CEO Kathryn Marinello

Kathryn Marinello

Pros:
  • "Casual environment along with some unique benefits at the call center"
    in 16 reviews
  • "Good place to get some entry level technical support work"
    in 11 reviews
Cons:
  • "No employee can manage a family or a life working at this call center"
    in 17 reviews
  • "No raises even if you make supervisor"
    in 13 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Customer Service Representative

I worked at Stream Global Services full-time for more than a year

ProsVery friendly environment, friendly managers, and flexibel time. Good working when your are student.

ConsMore fructuated customers, need more patient, can improve excellent communication, and high class training. additional benifits from stream university, will help you to earn professional certification programes. and more oppertunity for internal growth.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep going,

great

Technical Support Professional (Former Employee)

I worked at Stream Global Services full-time for less than a year

Prosgood working environment with great support from my higher authorities

Conspersonal growth is not likely what I expected

Advice to Senior Managementgreat job keep going

Good environment, Friendly Team members

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee)

I have been working at Stream Global Services full-time for more than a year

ProsRotating Shift, and best place to work while study..

ConsHigh pressure, difficult to deal with customers.

A good starting point

London, ON

I worked at Stream Global Services full-time for more than 5 years

ProsGain valuable experience.
Pay isn't terrible for call center.
Potential for sales bonuses.
Mostly friendly management staff and coworkers.
Great shift flexibility while attending school.
Very easy to get hired.

This isn't a job you keep for life. Gain some skills, experience and references and move onto something better.

ConsCall center.
Forced sales quotas.
Job role changes without notice.
While pay isn't bad for a call center, it's still not very good.
Poor recruiting practices (or recruiting desperation) leads to many unskilled, unmotivated workers.
Some contracts are extremely busy (constant high call queues) which leads to high stress and burnout.
Training is hit-or-miss. Some of the trainers are great, others need to find another line of work. Company disinterested in weeding out the bad ones.
Low salary cap means that the best employees max out very early on (within a couple years) and have no incentive to try anymore - very poor policy on Stream's part.

Advice to Senior ManagementCompany policies are detrimental to retaining talent. Low salary caps, constant high call volumes, forced sales quotas, poor training and bad scheduling policies all lead to the best employees seeking work elsewhere. Stream is constantly hiring and it's because they can't keep good talent.

Worst Job I Have ever worked.

Inbound Customer Service Representative (Former Employee)

I worked at Stream Global Services full-time for less than a year

ProsIt's a paying job i guess. Better than being unemployed I guess.

ConsThe management team is terrible and look down upon their employees and seem to have some kind of god complex. The only people who have been there for years are put on a pedestal as well but only because they have learned to brown nose through life with the all mighty managers. You are given no opportunity to exceed and unrealistically high goals are set which are impossible to accomplish which results in you being screamed at unmercifully by people both on the phone as well as your supervisors. Whenever you ask a question you are belittled and pretty much told you are stupid and your question goes unanswered. The pay is low and the benefits are beyond terrible. Not to mention you are not valued at all and your health is not taken as important as you sit in a broken chair all day in a building more than likely contaminated with mold spores which has not been cleaned in years because the company is too cheap to employ a cleaning staff anymore. To add a cherry to the top of the sundae you are belittled and humiliated by having to take part in performance contests where you are given incentives such as chocolate bars, bags of chips, and pop, treated like you are a kid in grade school and put in a degrading situation as an adult. When good prizes are offered such as gift cards and flat screens, you are told the prize would be free when really it is taken off your pay. You are not valued here and not respected or cared about in any way.

Advice to Senior ManagementAll of management should be fired and replaced with monkeys. They could run a company better than you guys.

the perfect call center agent

Customer Service Professional (Former Employee)

I worked at Stream Global Services full-time for less than a year

Prosclean place, great people, good floor support, great managers, great benefit plan, lots of humour between the employees.

Consasking for help on a new contract was a big mistake, as I went to general manager, then manager on the floor would write me down for every little thing I did wrong. At stream its all about creating the best agents, it lacks of human understanding. Days off are really hard to obtain, Took me 8 months to be able to have weekends off. Really bad shift bidding style as you stay on that shift for months. new contract was horrible, no support, college students just wastes your time as employees they don't care. you are NEVER PERFECT ENOUGH. Don't bother for positive coaching as it don't exists, you are there to perform that's it, Oh and Human ressources aren't doing much.

Advice to Senior Managementin the main entrance you can see, better care from people who cares. Well please don't just make it look nice and do work on caring. This building sucks the life out of you because of so much negativity, YOU NEED TO WORK WITH HUMAN NEEDS and CARING.

Not good long term career prospects

I worked at Stream Global Services full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGood co-workers and nice cafeteria

ConsHigh pressure for sales and potential for bad shifts

Advice to Senior ManagementAppreciate the effort that your staff put in.

Poor management

Accounting (Former Employee)

I worked at Stream Global Services full-time for more than 10 years

Prosexcept in rare cases , you are guaranteed 40 hours a week in work

ConsNo respect for employees, no real management skills, its a buddy system, if you know the right people and are buddies you can do well, but that means that people get promoted to management that have no business being there

Advice to Senior ManagementTop management should stop wasting money on going to the Masters Golf Tournament and start really listening to what your revenue earners are saying to you

Not very much fun.

Customer Service and Technical Support Representative (Former Employee)

I worked at Stream Global Services full-time for less than a year

ProsInside work. Warm, clean and dry. Coworkers were generally very friendly. Offered full-time employment in an economically depressed region.

ConsManagement's idea of boosting morale is offering unpaid time off as a reward for high work quality. Work is generally unfulfilling, and no real incentive is offered for excellence. General failure to promote employee happiness and wellbeing. Gained 25+ lbs during the eight months I worked there.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake a greater effort to help employees be happy. Letting people go home early without pay is NOT a reward.

Low Salary, Terrible Job and Management.

Retention Call Center (Former Employee)

I worked at Stream Global Services full-time for less than a year

ProsIts a Job, It offers full time hours, The work is somewhat easy.

ConsThe job is very stressful and the management expects you to lie to customers which conflicts with your values, in order to get sales you have to lie to customers and take advantage of them, throw your values and beliefs out the window if you want to do good at this job. The management has unrealistically high goals set for each agent and if you do not get the daily quota you are taken aside and belittled. They tell you of non existent bonuses and you lose them, everyone does every time they are supposed to be coming out. The training is far too short and you learn nothing that you actually need to do the job. Nobody is cared about and nobody gets the additional help if needed. The supervisors are beyond useless and say that its "not their problem" when you ask for help, then push you to no end for sales. Its a terrible job.

Advice to Senior ManagementFire all of the supervisors and heads of contracts in the Glace Bay NS stream, fire all of the brown nosers and make the training longer and more helpful, raise the salary, and cut down on the lies to employees and customers of the contracts.

Worked for Stream Global Services? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Stream Global Services reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for Stream Global Services CEO Kathryn Marinello . All 323 reviews are posted anonymously by Stream Global Services employees.