Stream Global Services Reviews

435 reviews filtered by
2.7
Stream Global Services President and CEO Andrea J. Ayers
Andrea J. Ayers

Pros
  • Overall Stream stands out as a better than average call center company (in 19 reviews)

• Once you are past the entry level stuff (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • it was way better as just stream i think, but it is a call center (in 20 reviews)

• There are no raises just a bonus that less than 5% of employees ever reach (in 13 reviews)

1. great company

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sydney, NS
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sydney, NS

I have been working at Stream Global Services

Pros

nice people would go back

Cons

none its a good job

Advice to Management

nice

2. HR

I worked at Stream Global Services full-time

Pros

There really was not any of them

Cons

Work Environment / Morale / Management

3. Pleasant working enviroment

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Belleville, ON
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Belleville, ON

I worked at Stream Global Services

Pros

There are an abundance of multicultural employees that bring a diverse and wide field of knowledge to the company, with room to grow within the company.

Cons

The hours for new employees included working to 1am with little hope of change of shift for the first 2 years, you are competing with other employees for the earlier shift which causes discord within the employees.

Advice to Management

Re-evaluate the shift hours

5. Worst job I've ever had

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Chilliwack, BC
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Chilliwack, BC

I have been working at Stream Global Services

Pros

I suppose it's better than sleeping in my car, but not by much.

Cons

No heat in the building. In the winter, cold air is brought in along with the surrounding manure smell of the fields.
    No raises.
    Constant lying from Management about everything.
    No firing of useless employees because it hurts their wee feelings, which in turn makes more work for the rest of us.
    Impossible to obtain bonuses.
    Crappy benefits.
    Every single thing comes down to money with this outfit. They don't care about the employees at all. It's strictly a money maker for them.
    They took away our long term disability benefit unless you're management even though we paid for it for years.
    Doesn't matter what you do, you're just not quite meeting their expectations.
    No sick days so coupled with the temperature and the flu, the whole building is sick all winter.
    There is nowhere to advance. You're either an agent or management, that's it.
    If you transfer to another department, you stand to have your wage dropped because the maximum level for that contract is not as high. I think this is actually illegal.
    There is no time off. At one point they expected us to call in every day for each day of vacation they were forced to give us until the outcry stopped it.
    They push the line, legally, as far as they can, and then when someone complains, then they dial it back. It's like they're constantly seeing how much they can get away with.
    No Union and if you mention it, then people mysteriously get let go. You don't get let go if you're incompetent however.

Advice to Management

Stop showing the younger generation that it's ok to treat people like crap. Now they think its ok and that's how employers are supposed to act. If you can't raise yourself up to be decent human beings and treat each other with respect, then a bad precedent is being set for the younger generation.

6. Good job for the right person

I worked at Stream Global Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Lots of positive feedback: If you do well, you'll be rewarded for it with recognition and other little prizes. This is one of the biggest things I miss about working there.
    -Lots of people: Working in such a large company you can meet some really cool people, I made lots of friends, and lots of people, myself included, meet girlfriends/boyfriends/future spouses there.
    -No physical work: As someone who has back problems, being able to sit all day is pretty nice
    -Some opportunity for advancement: They will tell you that there's lots of room for advancement, but as someone who was a very successful employee in my position, I never saw any potential to further my career there.
    -Lots of early morning and late night shifts if that's what works for you
    -Work by yourself: You're able to work by yourself for the most part and not rely on your coworkers to make sure your job is done properly.
    -You will always know exactly how you're doing. The company was great with communicating to it's employees on how they are doing, if you need to cut down on your breaks or get your handle time down, you will know exactly how much to the second.
    -If you do well you can pick your own shift, which is pretty great

Cons

-Big changes with very little notice: contracts will end or be significantly changed with very little notice. Hours cut or changed, jobs outsourced to other, cheaper, locations, and being thrown from one position to another with little or no say.
    -Extreme hours, lots very early, very late, or overnight shifts. Often you are forced to work these shifts and have no say. Once showed up to work only to be told that I was hours early and am now working until 1am. Other times I was given only days notice that my shift would now start at 6am and my days off would be changed from sat-sun to tues-wed.
    -They often lie about what the job entails. For example, I was told that my my position would not involve pushing sales at all, only to find out that almost the entire job was sales based.
    -Very little communication. You never really know what's going on with the company.
    -Lots of people: Just as I met lots of really cool people there, I also met a lot of really awful people
    -Work by yourself: As much as this can be a good thing, there's also a lot of pressure because if you make a mistake, no one can bail you out and you will be entirely at fault.
    -Very little pay and poor benefits

Herded like cattle!

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in London, ON
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in London, ON

I have been working at Stream Global Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Call center and customer service experience
    SOME of the people you meet

Cons

Treated poorly by management
    Promised growth opportunities that never happen
    Grossly underpaid

8. Typical Call Center

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Glace Bay, NS
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Glace Bay, NS

I worked at Stream Global Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Easily obtainable jobs for those with limited education. Good for the local area. Some opportunities for internal job advancement,

Cons

Under-paid for work. Schedules are not flexible. Limited training, a lot of scenarios that you will come across are not explained well during training.

9. A good place to learn but pays low.

Former Employee - Technical Support Professional in London, ON
    Former Employee - Technical Support Professional in London, ON

I worked at Stream Global Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Learning about the job duties is great. The company will train as necessary. They will help you many times if you do not get it.

Cons

getting the hours you want is based on seniority and stats via shift bids. If you're low on the totem pole, then you will get the worse shift. You have to be in the top 5 to get the hours you want. Trying to get time-off is a bit challenging as you have limited choices. There is no room for movement.

10. Bad Place to Work

Former Employee - Microsoft Office for Mac Technician in Glace Bay, NS
    Former Employee - Microsoft Office for Mac Technician in Glace Bay, NS

I worked at Stream Global Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The best reason to work here would be because sometimes hey waste a lot of time and so you get paid for doing nothing

Cons

Terrible managers. People that don't think about why they are doing things. Don't make sense. Don't care about there people. Would never recommend to anyone.

Advice to Management

See the Cons and fix them. You guys don't pay attention to your employees

11. Good job while finding a real one.

Former Employee - Senior Support Professional in Chilliwack, BC
    Former Employee - Senior Support Professional in Chilliwack, BC

I worked at Stream Global Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- anyone can get hired
    - 1-3 weeks of paid training, perfect time to job hunt
    - "everyone is in this crap together" mentality, so your co-workers are your support group
    - great experience in that it really stresses the importance of some sort of post-secondary education or training

Cons

- they try to press this disgusting corporate-cult mentality, but they don't pay high enough or provide enough benefits for anyone to take it seriously other than a few brainwashed lifers
    - Limited number of sick days
    - Salary caps at $15/hr, even for team managers

Advice to Management

Stop with the churn-and-burn employment tactics, you're going to run out of suckers eventually.

Stream Global Services Photos