StratMar

Be The First To
Add Photos

Ethan Charas

Stratmar Retail Services review

Sales Manager (Former Employee)

ProsGreat Company to work for

ConsNeeds to pay what people are worth and better benefits

Good for short term, definitely not for long term

Vendor (Current Employee)
Chicago, IL (US)

I have been working at StratMar part-time for more than a year

ProsWell the pay is really good. Most commission jobs have a low base pay or none at all. Stratmar starts you off with $12/hr plus commission.

The shifts are short, usually either 4 or 6 hours. That's really all the good stuff.

Also, you work in an airport. That's kind of fun. You get to talk to people from all over the country for a short amount of time.

ConsNow this is a long list. First, the management. When I was first hired, there were two managers who were there almost all the time. And when they weren't there, they could always be reached by phone. Then about two months in, they fired one of the managers (they told us because they didn't want to pay two manager salaries). Literally 2 hours after this, the other manager got us all on a conference call to discuss an assistant manager promotion that just opened up. What? Then, the remaining manager came into work less and less. In the past few months, I've only seen him twice.

Next the scheduling. While the schedule is pretty flexible, and you can pretty much set what hours you can and can't work, you will be called in constantly. Either someone called off or someone decided they want you to come in for extra help. This wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't at ridiculous hours. The kiosk opens at 6 am everyday, and the manager will call you at 11pm. The schedules are given out the day before they start, i.e. They come out on Sundays for a work week that starts on Monday. It's incredibly frustrating and impossible to plan your week out.

The job itself. It's challenging. At Midway, you are working for Chase selling Southwest Visa cards. The majority of the job is trying to grab peoples's attention and convince them to sign up for the card. Some days are good, most days are normal, some days are bad. The company goal is for everyone to have at least 1 application per hour. It doesn't seem like a lot, but there aren't a whole lot of people who want another credit card these days. In a six hour shift, I average about 3-4. Some people do better than that, some people do worse. If you don't reach the goal, you have to either write an action plan or talk to the manager over the phone and explain why. They'll ask you what you can work on to improve your performance, but nothing you say is good enough for them.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet in touch with the floor employees more. On site managers are sketchy in their scheduling.

Worse process ever!!

Marketing Representative (Former Employee)
Atlanta, GA (US)

I worked at StratMar full-time for less than a year

ProsNone. The process was long and unnecessary.

ConsNot sure if they have improved on anything in two years but when I was there, there was no organization. It took almost a month of sending and receiving things BY MAIL before I was able to start working. They switched the pay structure once I started. I wouldn't recommend this company.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet things together. Maybe model some of the other programs like yours in the airport that are doing better.

Very Repetitive and corporate and management disregards your neeeds

Sales Representative (Current Employee)
Houston, TX (US)

I have been working at StratMar full-time for more than a year

ProsPay is decent but thats it.

ConsConstant standing at a Kiosk screaming at customers for hours in a day can get very tiresome stand on feet all day managers are very disorganized and corporate gives you al,ost impossible sales goals with materials given.

3rd Party Temporary Sales Positions

Sales Account Executive (Former Employee)
Reading, PA (US)

I worked at StratMar full-time for less than a year

ProsRepresented a well known local company- branding helped get foot in door. Provided Ipad and Salesforce.com No micromanagement. Upgraded the pay plan was more competitive.

ConsAssigned Territory too small to consistently hit target goals. Poor HR assistance. Average Pay.

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide more industry specific training. Provide on-going sales technique training. Provide more marketing tools. Use incentives/ bonuses more often.

Great place to work

Independent Contractor (Current Employee)
Philadelphia, PA (US)

I have been working at StratMar full-time for more than a year

ProsFlexible hours, good pay, be your own Boss

ConsDon't see any downsides. All good

Advice to Senior ManagementThanks for all support

Don't work here

Sale Representative (Former Employee)

I worked at StratMar full-time for more than a year

ProsThe managers in the field were great.

ConsThey started with 115 employees across the country and let everyone go on Mother's Day. Then once they had our iPads they short changed us on our commissions. They always promised that they wouldn't ever mess with our money but that was their common practice. Our commissions were never paid.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you say things follow up with them. Pay the commissions owed. Remember people relied on you

Good luck getting paid on time and accurately

Market Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at StratMar full-time for more than a year

ProsWorked with a great team of Reps

ConsThey are horrible at responding to e-mails and phone calls.
Horrible at paying on time.
Horrible at paying accurately.
Lots of over promissing and under deliverying.

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunication is key. Especially when it's accurate! Not "Your check is in the mail".

Awesome Gig!

Outside Sales (Current Employee)
Erie, PA (US)

I have been working at StratMar full-time for more than a year

ProsGreat middle management, at least in my experience. Very laid back, supportive company. Tons of PTO and decent benefits.

ConsStratMar takes on clients such as Chase and FirstEnergy and promotes and sells the clients' products. The nature of the arrangement makes for an uncertain feeling about job security.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work! This company is great at what it does.

Former Manager

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at StratMar

Prosconvenient to home and decent pay

ConsWork alot of hours and no one cares. The upper management doesn't know what they are doing and blames everything on the lower management. I think they discriminate and don't treat every airport the same.They hire you throw you in as a manager, give you some terrible training, tell you to write people up and when you do so, the reps are allowed to call and complain and the company acts like they had nothing to do with it. Stratmar isnt the company that backs their management team up, they have people in positions that do not belong in it, especially the person who controls the communication between chase and stratmar.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet better people to run the main office who know what they are doing.

Worked for StratMar? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at StratMar reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for StratMar CEO Ethan Charas. All 21 reviews are posted anonymously by StratMar employees.