StoneMor

Updated 11 February, 2015
Updated 11 February, 2015
2.8

Lawrence Miller

Pros
  • Helping people at the time of a death is very rewarding (in 6 reviews)

• It was nice to be able to help families with some of the most difficult decisions they will ever make in life (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Always "under budget" so upper management never satisfied (in 7 reviews)

• always more than 40 hours, BUT that is what I signed up for (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

Love helping people but this company is greedy and there is a huge lack of needed training and communication

Current Employee - Family Service Counselor
    Current Employee - Family Service Counselor

I have been working at StoneMor

Pros

I enjoy working for families, helping them with prearrangements and arrangements at the time of need. Great pay but you have to work hard to get it. Nice benefits but they don't have a good vision plan

Cons

Lack of communication. Changes are made without notice and they're not changes for the better. Very unorganized. The training is horrible found out we were writing contracts incorrectly and I've been here for a year. Hours are ridiculous. Of course hard work does pay off but this job leaves no time for you and your family. No work life balance. Forget 40 hours more like 53 a week. You never hear encouraging words from management even when you are successfully doing your job. No pats on the back just negativity. Great job but hard people to work for.

Train your employees for a week in a hotel teach them the necessities. Cemetery 101 and how to correctly write contracts. Stop being so greedy. Money is the root of all evil. Hire management who are encouraging. One of your managers has a mean look on her face every time we see her. I loathe meeting her and can surely expect a bad attitude and bashing seminar every time she comes around

Great Company and Experience

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant

I have been working at StoneMor full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Good Pay and Benefits, Stability, Encouraging Management and Coworkers

Cons

Communication seems to come from the bottom up, technology is lacking (2003 office is extremely behind the times), Corporate responsibility seems to fall a little short

Work on upgrading the computers so that the employees can do what's expected of them. Communication should trickle down from the top, ie: corporate -> regional -> area -> location

Worst company I've ever worked for. They still owe me expense money. I watched fraud committed and they didn't care.

I worked at StoneMor

Pros

Nice property and very good ground staff.

Cons

Constant lies by regional manager. Non stop conference calls with total embarrassing comments made to people. Sales managers are constantly being harassed and cursed at. Company run extremely unprofessional. Total good old boys or women's club with favorites and people in charge who have no clue how to sell, just family that's worked for stonemor for years.

All but one manger I spoke with while working for Stonemor had nothing but bad things to say about the company and their bosses. Every single one wanted to leave and work somewhere else if the opportunity came along. No regard for private beliefs as you are to work 7 days a week and Sunday is pushed as a big day and everyone told to work all day.

Do not work there

I have been working at StoneMor

Pros

You get paid minimum wage

Cons

Discrimination is there motto. These people are thieves who could care less u t

Stop treating employees unfairly, up the pay, and stop stealing money

Excellent

I have been working at StoneMor

Pros

Excellent Co To Work For

Cons

The Hourly Wage Should Be More Considerate

Run Run Run

Current Employee - Family Service Counselor in Burlington, NC (US)
    Current Employee - Family Service Counselor in Burlington, NC (US)

I have been working at StoneMor

Pros

This is a motivating Job in which you help families on the worst day of their lives. Unfortunately the Company is Sales Driven.

Cons

There is no balance between work and life balance. Employees that last truly care about the families and battle for them constantly. This is a HERO to ZERO job.

REGROUP

Too many palace intrigues.

Former Employee - Manager in Greensboro, NC (US)
    Former Employee - Manager in Greensboro, NC (US)

I worked at StoneMor full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great opportunity to help customers and earn a strong income.

Cons

The mid-level management style is picky and non-motivational; same old message 2 to 3 times a week for the past. 9 years.

It has been said that a fish stinks from the head down. If the body of the fish isn't swimming then the head isn't functioning. Look at the almost complete turnover of your staff every. 2 to 3 years and ask yourself why you're retaining the same management above the field location level for. 9 years.

Horrible company, they do not care about you!

Former Employee - Sales Manager

I worked at StoneMor full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Loved helping people. Loved local people I worked with.

Cons

Higher management are jerks. They dont care about families, just sales sales, even if you have to lie to families. I couldnt be a part of that anymore. They also do what they can so you don't get full commissions.

Change your ways, you won't lose so many good employees. Praise your employees instead if belittling them and degrading them.

Unprofessional, antiquated and abusive

Former Employee - Sales Manager

I worked at StoneMor full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The location employees were good to work with.

Cons

No sales data base or computer for sales managers, defiantly not family service. All paper, phone and fax. Welcome to the 40'S. The top Sales Management (Corporate) has not kept up with sales process and is reminiscent of Glengary Glen Ross (look up on youtube, even the spoofs will give you the idea). The sales commisions are ok but the manditory discount policy is a give away on the highest commissional items (land) so the employee gives half of the sale away. The "used car policy" also gives a cheap impression to families and a slimy feeling for the employee in industry that should have some Dignity. Service to families is made ONLY to get sales and done poorly, there is no corporate training standards on in house expectation and process, that was presented.
    I witnessed mass text to sales managers (all in CAPS) and abusive sales conferences that were personal degradation of managers. To say they had any feeling for their teams or people would not be consistent to their actions.
    I walked away after knowing I could not work for such an unprofessional company.

INVESTIGATE AND TAKE ACTION!!!
    Hire young professionals and give them the freedom to change your company to update to todays business practices.
    OR SELL TO SCI AND MOVE ON.

StoneMor Photos