Steiner Leisure

Be The First To
Add Photos

Steiner Leisure President, CEO, and Director Leonard I. Fluxman

Leonard I. Fluxman

great learning and character building experience with a very well known spa company that can lead to land based spa jobs

SPA Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at Steiner Leisure full-time for more than 5 years

Prosvery good way to see the world, meet a lot of people from different cultural backgrounds, good remuneration if you can sell products and yourself for treatment bookings

Consvery long hours of work, often 11 hour-12 hour days, five and a half days a week, selling is an integral part of the job and this will dictate if you succeed in the company not your skill at beauty hair or fitness

Advice to Senior Managementmore frequent proactive reviews of individual staff to analysis potential candidates for promotion and also taking into account that staff who may not be able to sell a lot may still have great potential to lead a team. more information to staff and what it is to live and work on ships for steiner, positive and negatives...

Stressful Work Environment

SPA Product Consultant (Former Employee)
Fort Lauderdale, FL (US)

I worked at Steiner Leisure as a contractor for less than a year

Pros-Discounts on products are offered

Cons-nepotism
-strict sales quota
-expected to do the workload of 2-3 people
-untrustworthy work environment
-high employee turnover due to being understaffed

Advice to Senior ManagementWork on training your employees to stay for the long-term. Avoid showing favoritism and laying off employees unjustly. Take responsibility for the actions of others instead of using employees as scapegoats.

Steiner Leisure provided an international adventure that prepared me for a variety of management positions.

SPA Manager/Massage Therapist (Current Employee)

I have been working at Steiner Leisure as a contractor for more than 5 years

ProsWhile working for Steiner Leisure some of the Pros consist of but are not limited to the following:

- Building a skill set for management
   - Being able to run the spa / column as my own personal business
   - Constant change in work, new challenges and different clientele
   - Providing service for and working with people from different parts of the world in different
     age groups
   - Traveling the world
   - Support and encouragement with growth in the company
   - Training and motivating new and existing staff

ConsSome of the cons with working for Steiner Leisure consist of the following:

- Not having a set salary or financial security
   - Being transferred to other parts of the world without sufficient notice
   - Inability to establish residency due to constant travel
   - Being out of the country for extended periods of time (upward of 10 months)
   - Being out of contact with family, friends and contacts for extended periods of time

Advice to Senior ManagementThere are just a few notes of advise I can give to upper management:

- First impressions account for a lot so stay approachable
   -Treat everyone with respect and dignity as everyone is from different cultures and
     backgrounds
   - Keep and open door policy
   - Go into all situations with an open mind
   - Always listen and stay objective

Fun and Frustrating

Hairstylist (Former Employee)
Miami, FL (US)

I worked at Steiner Leisure full-time for less than a year

Prosworking on a ship, seeing the world, working with people from all over and learning so much

Consno money, being lied to, terrible management, 16 hrs a day work for nothing if you're on a small ship

this is the worst company to work for as a massage therapist

Massage Therapist (Former Employee)
Anaheim, CA (US)

I worked at Steiner Leisure full-time for more than a year

ProsI cannot recall any pros, except location and receiving some Disneyland benefits

Consthey rape you on salary and tips(none) . I have never felt more uncared for, underappreciated and devalued as an employee.

Advice to Senior Managementthe employees make the company, not the product or ill-performed services. why would you make it so difficult in every turn for the employee. taking away tips, no shows, and benefits.

Horrible

Fitness Instructor (Current Employee)
Miami, FL (US)

I have been working at Steiner Leisure as a contractor for less than a year

ProsSee new places, meet many people

ConsPoor treatment of spa team. We work 14-16 hours a day, making very little money, near 200-300 a month. Constantly yelled at, Yes, yelled at, talked down to if not enough make up on and then expected to go out and smile at guest after youve been chewed out. Ive had to complain to ship director for missing my meal breaks on purpose by manager. if you dont hit hourly target of selling products you dont go to lunch and by the time you get released for lunch the mess hall is closed.

Advice to Senior ManagementLead by example, but by a Good example.

it was a great opportunity to be a part of a well respected company.

SPA Therapist (Current Employee)

I have been working at Steiner Leisure as a contractor for more than 5 years

Prosearning much to support my family needs,and a pleasure to travel around the world for free,meeting people from different places all over the world is a great things to treasure,all my life...

Consto work with people from diffrent countries,nationalities is hard to adjust,especially people working with negative attitude...

Advice to Senior Managementmoral values,ethical conduct is so important to every employee,to enhance the standard of quality service to each and every clientile

Disgusting uncaring dishonest company

I have been working at Steiner Leisure

ProsFree massages and skin facial from students.

ConsIf the management person's lips are moving, they are either lying or asking you to lie. The company posts a profit, but tells employees they suck and are not doing their jobs. The staff turn over is constantly going on. No money is ever spent to help students, students frequently can not pass courses taught by instructors with zero teaching training in their background. The staff often has to work with equipment that is broken and never replaced, often have to spend their own money to get what is needed to do what is necessary. Complain and expect to be chewed out.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement should become ethical, honest, and supportive of their staff. They have a lot to offer, listen to them, seek good employees and try to keep them by paying the competitively and treating them with respect due fellow human beings.

your first assignment is to be a yes person; if you pass start then you will remain

I have been working at Steiner Leisure

Prosthey have a great products

ConsCEO has no clue needs to question why is there a revolving door of excellent people never staying; if they do at some point they will realize why they have been missing the boat

Advice to Senior Managementleadership is by example

Abusive

Director (Former Employee)

I worked at Steiner Leisure

ProsThere are some very hard working and well meaning people at the company. One can learn a lot from them.

ConsDisrespectful and abusive of employees. Anachronistic early 20th century management style; very patronizing. Entire organization driven by fear reacting to fear.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease treat people with dignity and respect. It's not just a "nice" thing to do, it would actually improve bottom line results.

Worked for Steiner Leisure? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Steiner Leisure reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for Steiner Leisure CEO Leonard I. Fluxman. All 12 reviews are posted anonymously by Steiner Leisure employees.