Sonora Quest Laboratories Reviews in Phoenix, AZ

Sonora Quest Laboratories President & CEO David A. Dexter
David A. Dexter

9 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Highly committed lab

Current Employee - Clinical Laboratory Technician  in  Phoenix, AZ (US)
    Current Employee - Clinical Laboratory Technician in Phoenix, AZ (US)

I have been working at Sonora Quest Laboratories full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great teams, nice perks, always busy making the shift go by quickly.

Cons

My specific lab has terrible shifts, but hard to accommodate with 24 hour a day labs. Generally understaffed.

It is ok

Current Employee - Manager  in  Phoenix, AZ (US)
    Current Employee - Manager in Phoenix, AZ (US)

I have been working at Sonora Quest Laboratories full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Not overloaded with work.

Cons

I question sometimes who they promote to leadership positions.

Worked there for one year

Former Employee - Phlebotomist  in  Phoenix, AZ (US)
    Former Employee - Phlebotomist in Phoenix, AZ (US)

I worked at Sonora Quest Laboratories full-time for less than a year

Pros

They cared about their employees and made sure they were adequately trained. Very approachable and willing to help. I enjoyed working for them. They made sure that I always had someone to go to with problems or questions. My supervisor was great and so were her supervisors. The only reason I left was due to a change in contracts at my facility

Cons

They liked to micromanage such things as where supplies were placed and how

Pay your employees more

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Worst Employer Ever....

Former Employee - Phlebotomist  in  Phoenix, AZ (US)
    Former Employee - Phlebotomist in Phoenix, AZ (US)

I worked at Sonora Quest Laboratories full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great Benefits. Several locations in the Valley

Cons

Over-promised, Overworked, Understaffed, Unprofessional Management. You earn PTO, but do not have the opportunity to use because of the facilities being to understaffed. Constantly threatened about your job security as a way to intimidate you.

You might want to look into what is going on in your facilities. Turn over rate is high.

Good Leadership

Current Employee - Medical Lab Tech II  in  Phoenix, AZ (US)
    Current Employee - Medical Lab Tech II in Phoenix, AZ (US)

I have been working at Sonora Quest Laboratories full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Lots of opportunity to move up within the company.

Cons

Health benefits are administered by Banner health. There are MANY Dr.’s in the area that will not work with our insurance.

Politicians.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Phoenix, AZ (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ (US)

I have been working at Sonora Quest Laboratories full-time

Pros

If you're a poor employee, you'll have a job there forever. It doesn't matter how much your co-workers make an official complaint.

Cons

They pretend to be giving you a raise and a promotion with a new "title" and little pay raise but in reality they are just saying a lot of money by always sending hourly workers home right and their forty hours and keeping except employees for fourteen hours extra every week for you to finish the work yourself. Yet they promote team work Please!

Quit being politicians.
    All the good qualities you claim to be that you advertise, none of your phlebotomists agree with it. I bet the senior leadership group loves it though.
    Maybe you should take a reality look at the bottom of your food chain.

A great place for your career

Current Employee - Clinical Lab Scientist  in  Phoenix, AZ (US)
    Current Employee - Clinical Lab Scientist in Phoenix, AZ (US)

Pros

Great benefits
    Decent pay
    Positive work environment and coworker relationships
    Good communication
    An excellent company to start and grow your career and to further your experience in the field of Medical Lab Science.

Cons

Sometimes there is to much trickle down from upper management to management to the tech. The current state of Healthcare Reform is causing a higher than normal stress level and morale is definitely being affected.

Upper management should visit the individual labs much more often (currently as little as once a year) and try to talk to people on a more singular level and not at large meetings.

Overall, this is a decent place to work.

Current Employee - Mlt  in  Phoenix, AZ (US)
    Current Employee - Mlt in Phoenix, AZ (US)

Pros

The benefits are pretty good, and the work environment is acceptable. Management is good at the location where I work, although not all locations can say the same. Because there are several work locations throughout the Valley, there are plenty of job opportunities available and the potential to transfer if that becomes necessary.

Cons

The pay is not very competitive, especially for certain positions. The benefits are decent for now, but keep getting cut due to the poor economy. It seems that there are constant staffing issues with phlebotomy, leaving half the lab short-staffed, overworked, and therefore not always able to meet TAT goals. These revolving door staffing problems can likely be traced back to poor phlebotomy management, which is a shame since losing "good" phlebs negatively impacts everyone in the lab. Also, management in general seems to be a little too focused on education, rather than work experience, leaving many good, experienced techs with no potential for job advancement unless they are willing and able to go back to college.

I would like to see more focus on keeping the good, hard-working employees we currently have, which might include giving better raises and other incentives to stay, such as reinstating tuition reimbursement, etc. I believe this would save us time and money in training costs, new employee learning curves, etc.

Laboratory Sciences of Arizona A good place to work

Current Employee - Medical Lab Scientist  in  Phoenix, AZ (US)
    Current Employee - Medical Lab Scientist in Phoenix, AZ (US)

I have been working at Sonora Quest Laboratories part-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Over all this is a good company to work for, I have worked for them at different sites for many years. It is a large company so there are many employment opportunities across the valley. The benefits are fine, they used to be better. The pay is acceptable and that could always be better.

Cons

It really depends on which site you work at as to how well it is managed. The company also seems to be very management heavy and even with the multitude of managers they still cannot accomplish their assigned tasks. Also they do not encourage education and advancement. They put up hurdles to get a decent raise.

I think that more attention should be paid to the quality of the management team at certain facilities. Being that I have worked for several facilities throughout the years, I have noticed some management teams are just incompetant. They do not understand how to encourage and motivate their employees. They also are ineffectual at getting things done. Employees at certain sites feel like they do not have a voice because there is no improvement in the situation.

Worked for Sonora Quest Laboratories? Contribute to the Community!