Sogeti

Updated 26 January, 2015
Updated 26 January, 2015

Sogeti Chairman & CEO Luc-François Salvador
Luc-François Salvador

Pros
  • Decent benefits (150% 401k match, 12k Tuition Reimbursment, Training Opportunites) (in 29 reviews)

• Time-off for work/life balance is one of the best I have seen (in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • Bonus program seems to have taken the place of raises (in 18 reviews)

• It seems that we always talk about Solutioning and practices but end up doing staff augmentation (in 17 reviews)

More Highlights

Going downhill

I worked at Sogeti

Pros

401K but if you stick with company for 3 years. Believe me its long time for this kind of company

Cons

Not good projects. Plain body shop. Send people to client side even if they are not qualified. Account executives are worse, do nothing about getting new projects. Long hours and client decides work life balance.

Misleading and backwards way of operating

Former Employee - Senior IT Consultant in Baltimore, MD (US)
    Former Employee - Senior IT Consultant in Baltimore, MD (US)

I worked at Sogeti full-time (less than a year)

Pros

My co-workers in the Baltimore office were very welcoming and nice.

Cons

Everything else. Their operation model is backwards. They stack up the bench with resources and THEN look for engagements. I was on the bench along with ten others for about three months and then was laid off stating "they didnt have any opportunities". This was quite different from what I was told at the interview. For three months I was simply paid $65,000 to watch training videos. I dont see how they can afford to practice like this.

No comment. I didnt really get to know management here.

Great to get your foot in the door for experience - wouldn't recommend otherwise

Former Employee - IT Consultant in Atlanta, GA (US)
    Former Employee - IT Consultant in Atlanta, GA (US)

I worked at Sogeti full-time

Pros

Offer opportunities for those with little experience in the field or college grads to break into the IT space. Training/knowledge base is expansive for those that take advantage of it - although it's all online. Great 401(k) program

Cons

Projects are more staff augmentation based then true consulting. You're expected to be onsite at one client for 40 hours - working at the client direction; Sogeti is more of a glamorized staffing firm with great benefits. Forget trying to get experience and be paid what you'd get out in the market - you'll have to leave the company for that. If you come in at a higher salary, don't expect a raise. Not really a place to stay and grow your career.

Find out your client before you go.

I worked at Sogeti full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Company culture is pretty good. The people I worked with were friendly, and the benefits were ok if I recall.

Cons

Didn't like the Health insurance (high deductible). In house training resources were not impressive, closer to powerpoints than any type of actual classes.

Good at certain levels, a few areas need to improve a lot

Current Employee - IT Consultant in Cincinnati, OH (US)
    Current Employee - IT Consultant in Cincinnati, OH (US)

I have been working at Sogeti full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Lot of emphasis on sales which is good but if the person is sales oriented.

Cons

Less emphasis on team structure and team building. Salaries need to be normalized based on location.

Please focus on resource management.

Technology based consulting with a team based approach for solving client problems.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tallahassee, FL (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tallahassee, FL (US)

I have been working at Sogeti full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Consulting with a focus on local clients and long term relationships. I enjoy the team approach and collaboration among my colleagues in the local office and across the globe. The push for innovation within as well as what we offer our clients in services always keeps me satisfied with my career progress.

Cons

Healthcare benefits seem to on the decline although this seems to be an industry trend.

There is a reason why so many consultants leave this company

I have been working at Sogeti full-time (more than a year)

Pros

They will tell you whay you want to hear to your face and make you feel like you are valued. Decent benefits

Cons

Client satisfaction appears to be the last thing management values. They are so focused on the next sale they do not reward you unless you are part of sales. Consultant = Billing Rate - Cost. It seems like their model is to encourage high turn over (even though they will state that they want stability) to keep margins higher. When a client grows tired of the turn over and inexperience of new developers Sogeti moves on to the next client. I have been at the same client for over a year and honestly do not know who my Account Exec is. Work/Life Balance is determined by your client but if you do not work overtime you will not see much of a bonus. Raises and performance appraisals are done anonymously.

Do not act surprised when Sogeti is classified as a cheap labor body shop.

Not an honest company

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Seattle, WA (US)
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Seattle, WA (US)

I have been working at Sogeti

Pros

The only pro for working with this company is that it is a job and they leave you alone.

Cons

Not honest, they will flat out lie to you to keep you around.

Be honest and pay people what they're worth.

Account Executive

I have been working at Sogeti full-time

Pros

Benefits are great. Potential to grow professionally is certainly not overlooked. Time-off for work/life balance is one of the best I have seen. PTO is highly respected.

Cons

Have not come across any.

Awesome company!

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Dallas, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in Dallas, TX (US)

I have been working at Sogeti full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great place to work. Fun. Challenging. Super talented, innovative people. You can really make a difference. Lots of opportunity to learn and grow. Rewarding. Feels like family, in a good day. People care.

Cons

If you have a contractor mentality, don't bother. We're a consulting company. Looking for innovative consultants who want a long, rewarding, fun, challenging, growing career with us.

Keep caring about people, We are Sogeti.