Sogeti

Updated 18 December, 2014
3.1

Sogeti Chairman & CEO Luc-François Salvador
Luc-François Salvador

Pros
  • Decent benefits (150% 401k match, 12k Tuition Reimbursment, Training Opportunites) (in 29 reviews)

• Time-off for work/life balance is one of the best I have seen (in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • Bonus program seems to have taken the place of raises (in 18 reviews)

• It seems that we always talk about Solutioning and practices but end up doing staff augmentation (in 17 reviews)

More Highlights

Very bad work experience

Former Employee - Anonymous
    Former Employee - Anonymous

I worked at Sogeti full-time (less than an year)

Pros

They first treat your very nicely.
    Spend time and money on multiple lunch interviews with several people.

Cons

Once you are hired the life becomes miserable.
    No over time is paid neither in dollars nor in time off.
    Attitude of account managers become 180 degree different.
    They find you useless in 3-6 months as soon as the contract finish up with the client.
    Poor bench policy.
    Focus on quantity of contractors not quality.
    This is one of the biggest reason of lack of client trust.

Please hire reasonable staff to recruit and keep good people thru better incentives.
    Know how to differentiate between good and bad workforce.

despite the propaganda, just another margin-focused outsourcer

Former Employee - Managing Consultant
    Former Employee - Managing Consultant

I worked at Sogeti full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The best reason is the 401k. Health benefits are great if you're single and healthy. Get a good project and it's okay as long as you stay away from the back office politics.

Cons

Very few quality people in management. CEO is a joke. Stay away from the sales cycle. Just another volume outsourcer that claims expertise (that's really just the guy who came to the sales call) and then asks the client to pay for the developer tools.

Own up to your identity-- you're a low-cost outsourcer stuck in the gap between the real volume players and the niche rock stars. You can't be high value and low cost and still squeeze your people for 35% margin.

Decent company, but not true consulting work

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Minneapolis, MN (US)
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Minneapolis, MN (US)

I have been working at Sogeti full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

For the truly self-motivating, a great company as initiative is very much encouraged, but no hand-holding. Good pay and decent benefits. Opportunities outside of regular assignments to learn.

Cons

Almost exclusively enterprise-level staff augmentation work (i.e. long-term assignments), not for those looking for frequent changes. If you do want out of an assignment, you have to raise a big stink. No sense of camaraderie with coworkers as you almost never see them.

Stop cheaping out on perks, a little goes a long way with keeping employee satisfaction high.

My experience at Sogeti has been filled with challenges and I have gained a lot of experiences.

Current Employee - IT Consultant in Dayton, OH (US)
    Current Employee - IT Consultant in Dayton, OH (US)

I have been working at Sogeti full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Bonus Program, Amount of PTO, Challenging/Not Boring, Opportunity to Travel, Networking Opportunities are Great

Cons

A lot of uncertainty when you are on the bench between projects, you have little control or influence on a lot of the factors that go into the bonus program, compensation is lower than average, may have to travel far from your home to clients

My advice would be for management to think about decisions they make and how they can affect the consultant directly. If Sogeti's local touch local reach model is going to work, Sogeti needs to be able to retain good consultants. No one wants to drive hours to their client, they want to be home and have a work life balance, so make sure and gear the projects not just towards Sogeti's revenue goals, but also towards how the consultant is affected. If the good consultants leave Sogeti, that means a lot less revenue for Sogeti because revenue will be lost on those consultants that leave and future consultants those good consultants could have trained.

Manager Consultant

I have been working at Sogeti

Pros

Good benefits, MSDN license, little travel, paid bench time.

Cons

Poor senior leadership, bonuses are heavily dependent on billing time.

Entry level developer

Former Employee - Consultant in Cincinnati, OH (US)
    Former Employee - Consultant in Cincinnati, OH (US)

I worked at Sogeti full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

While at Sogeti I felt like I was my own boss. I would work downtown, in the office, or from home whenever and however I needed. The people I worked with were usually friendly and professional. I obtained invaluable business experience but had to speak up to get real development work.

Cons

I was underpaid and felt management only saw me as a number. Most of my projects were either too easy or not a good fit.

There is not any transparency for how the process works. Nearly all new developers I spoke with were very bored with their work. You need to understand the needs of your employees if you want to keep them.

7 years in a row to what?

Current Employee - Senior Consultant SAP in Bordeaux, Aquitaine (France)
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant SAP in Bordeaux, Aquitaine (France)

I have been working at Sogeti full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

I entered Sogeti as an engineer, which, in France, would not have occured (I do not have a master) if only I were to be in front of a 'normal' manager. This one, in regard to my experience, put the diploma issue aside, and sign me up.
    Sogeti is, in many aspects, one of the best IT provider from my PoV to begin with or to grow senior.

Cons

As many IT firms, when you get your senior status, there'll be a lack of opportunities to grow even more. And, as it goes, I didn't receive any formal trainings, on SAP or anaything, for 5 years.

Internal culture in Sogeti is growing and the management deploy many things to keep professionals aware of their society (as most are on client site). As a downside, a lot of them do not care about the these news.
    On an HR and management perspective, there is a huge lack of recognition and, when it comes to provide tools and trainings to capitalize on people, they prefer to disappear and let the professional leave and hire a newbie instead.
     To keep the salary as low as possible, they do not want to invest in their employee, and doing so, they'll lose their most valuable asset... Us.

My experience at Sogeti has been very positive overall.

Current Employee - Account Executive
    Current Employee - Account Executive

I have been working at Sogeti full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Good collaboration with the Consultants. We hire very talented Consultants that are innovative for our Clients.

Cons

Lack of training for Account Executives. Thoughts of just do the job as we pay you well. We don't need national training or meetings for you to meet and collaborate with others.

No growth opportunity for Account Executives. Very male dominated.

Find some female leadership and provide leadership training to your Leaders. Just because they were a good Consultant does NOT make them a good leader

Great Place to Work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA (US)

I have been working at Sogeti full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great benefits, surrounded by really good people, certifications are paid for, opportunities to take on different roles and leadership. If you are good at your job and have a good attitude then you will excel here. They give you the opportunity to make what you want out of your career.

Cons

You may have to take on a role that is out of your comfort zone.

Continue providing opportunities for employees to grow their careers.

Working @ Sogeti Netherlands as a Relationship manager

Current Employee - Account Manager in Vianen, South Holland (Netherlands)
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Vianen, South Holland (Netherlands)

I have been working at Sogeti full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

responsebility, freedom, very nice colleagues, respect, expertise, possebilities, personal growth, telephone, laptop, culture fit

Cons

salary, personal benefit structure, short term goals, less external courses

Maybe we have to start a personal benfit structure for the IT pro's