Sogeti Reviews

Updated 28 September, 2014
3.1

Sogeti Chairman & CEO Luc-François Salvador
Luc-François Salvador

Pros
  • Decent benefits (150% 401k match, 12k Tuition Reimbursment, Training Opportunites) (in 28 reviews)

• Good work-life balance and the jobs are local - so none to very little traveling is required (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • Bonus program seems to have taken the place of raises (in 18 reviews)

• Work life balance is what they promote but in reality, it does not happen (in 9 reviews)

More Highlights

Great place to start and gain experience

Current Employee - Senior Consultant  in  Cincinnati, OH (US)
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Cincinnati, OH (US)

I have been working at Sogeti full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Large exposure to different technologies that allows individuals to gain experience in the entire SDLC. This helps people plan their careers based upon what they enjoy doing and don't. Generous tuition reimbursement and 401k matching available immediately joining the company. Full pay when not on an active project.

Cons

In a individual augmentation resourcing model, employees have to maintain vocality about their involvement with the client for the organization to be recognized for promotions and raises. People can get forgotten about at their client sites by the unit if on projects that last over time. Bonus Program while generous is hard capped allowing X number or people to earn the maximum and basing the remainder to earn less and less, structured on additional hard caps. Due to the nature of the new practices structure, this leads to alienation between different career paths and the groups feel cliquey and fragmented.

Reducing internal cost is great but not at the expense of losing talent or reducing work quality of life.

Great experiences, hard to balance responsibilities

Current Employee - IT Consultant  in  Dayton, OH (US)
    Current Employee - IT Consultant in Dayton, OH (US)

I have been working at Sogeti full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

There is plenty of access to training and learning materials. The large client base allows for a diverse project experience. The network of consultants that are at your disposal make searching for solutions easier. There are plenty of opportunities to grow and have fun outside of the work environment.

Cons

Straight out of college, due to the nature of consulting, it is hard to find your place within the company. The on-boarding process for setting expectations and how the company works is slow and lacking consistency.

The system for gauging client satisfaction is broken. The expectations for how sanctification is reported and how this effects consultants (bonus and promotion) is not communicated well by Account Executives leading to skewed metrics or numbers being made up.

Due to the counselor system having to balance client delivery with reaching out to counselees it is hard to feel connected at time. This tension, coupled with the extra (outside of 40 hours) activities for practices, account development and community activities makes the work life balance very challenging.

Seems that some of the directional changes going forward contradict each other. May want to evaluate how these changes will impact the vision for the future.

Good place to work when there IS work

Former Employee - Senior Consultant  in  Charlotte, NC (US)
    Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Charlotte, NC (US)

I worked at Sogeti full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Decent pay, good benefits, great training opportunities.

Cons

Not always enough work to keep everyone engaged on projects.

Improve sales pipeline.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Decent consulting firm

Former Employee - Director  in  Columbus, OH (US)
    Former Employee - Director in Columbus, OH (US)

I worked at Sogeti full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

100% pay on bench
    Good client base
    Profit sharing and excellent 401k matching

Cons

Account execs are poor in looking out for new clients
    Not much investment in growing the sales team
    Not much brand recognition in the market

Get the Sogeti name out in the market. Sponsor local events.
    Management has very strict top down approach. Local leaders do not have much leeway in making decisions in their respective units.

Decent benefits, but very poor treatment of consultants

Former Employee - Senior Consultant  in  Bellevue, WA (US)
    Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Bellevue, WA (US)

I worked at Sogeti full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- No insurance premiums
    - reasonable starting salaries
    - paid bench
    - education stipend is generous, if you can get them to approve your expenses
    - some people in management/sales are actually really nice and are trying to be good people, they just work for a company that doesn't support/enable that

Cons

- no support from management
    - poor treatment of employees and customers: threatened to sue both me and my client when i left
    - threatened to sue me for a breach of employee agreement by going to work for my client (not technically a violation, as it's not consulting services), though other people who left at the same time to work for their clients received no such threat
    - bonus structure is an absolute joke - recruiters love to tout "the opportunity for a $20,000 bonus!" but you will be lucky if you get $2,500.
    - no support for working mothers - i had to pump in a locker room, where i got walked in on by male cleaning staff
    - almost no annual compensation increase, and no communication about it last year
    - mixed messages: consistent emails saying how well the company is doing, funding bonuses at 102%, but consultants taking salary cuts
    - really poor morale in the office
    - mandatory evening events scheduled with a week's notice
    - not a ton of diversity in clients, though that may be changing
    - even when my client manager specifically told sogeti he wanted me to take a particular training class, they said they wouldn't let me pay for it with the education stipend they talk up while recruiting you.
    - local and even some national leadership doesn't seem to be able to handle pressure well

- treat your consultants like they are actually people, not walking dollar signs
    - don't be surprised when everyone who is good at their job leaves
    - don't burn bridges when your consultants leave. it's a small world, and you don't want them having horror stories to share

The support needed to grow my career

Current Employee - Senior Consultant  in  Blue Ash, OH (US)
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Blue Ash, OH (US)

I have been working at Sogeti full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Speaking plainly, in my two and a half years of experience with Sogeti, I've received the exposure, training, and interaction needed to take my career to the next level.
    When I began with Sogeti, I felt my career was stagnant in terms of skills and training opportunities. The local HR Manager and Practice leaders REALLY stepped up to assist me with the experience and training I needed. This organization offers $12,000/year in training and tuition reimbursement, it really is unheard of in the marketplace.

Local leadership really shines. My on-boarding was thorough and helpful and I feel like I can approach any one of my senior managers and get their time and opinions on any challenges I am facing.

Cons

I wish Sogeti put as much emphasis on training in sales and client relationship management as they do in Technical training. It's an area I don't have much experience in and would like ALOT more coaching and development.

PLEASE put together a sales training seminar series. Please don't adjust the bonus program any further!

Things have definitely gotten worse.

Former Employee - Senior Consultant  in  Cincinnati, OH (US)
    Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Cincinnati, OH (US)

I worked at Sogeti full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

If you work here, you're a consultant. The money was good. I liked a lot of the people.

Cons

The benefits have gone downhill. The bonus structure is complicated and difficult to understand. This won't be a good experience for you unless you are a consultant who likes to sell. Sales is what they reward. Also, it's a true consulting company, so you get what comes along with being a consultant. There is not really a bench policy anymore. I was let go after 3 days on the bench. My boss was replaced by someone who just wanted to cut costs (that's what his bonus is based on). The new guy let people go so that he could get a better bonus. At Sogeti you are seen as $$$, not as a person.

Stop worrying so much about the bottom line and invest more in the people. No one is going to work there if they know you're going to let them go as soon as they're on the bench. Also, replace the Cincinnati management.

Great Experiences and Growth

Current Employee - Senior Consultant  in  Cincinnati, OH (US)
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Cincinnati, OH (US)

I have been working at Sogeti full-time for more than a year

Pros

--Benefits: immediate 150% 401k match up to 6% contribution and just 3-year vested schedule, Profit Sharing, Vacation Days, Tuition Reimbursement...
    --Training material available: there's an entire learning center for consultants to access
    --Bonus Program: Reading some of the other reviews, it seems people aren't a fan of it and one reviewer said "you have to work your butt off to get a bonus".... NO KIDDING? You don't say?! What kind of concept is that? Work extra hard to get BONUS pay, above and beyond your generous salary?! Another reviewer said you need to be "in" with the people that rate. Why yes, you should be reaching out to your local management and be proactive. How do you think they're going to rate you if they don't even know you exist? The Bonus Program is definitely a positive about this company.
    --Overall work/personal life balance
    --Project opportunities
    --Client Base
    --Counselor Program
    --Support from regional / geographical managers and Account Executives: be proactive and keep in touch with the important people in your region and in your unit. You will get lots of support from them and will be given great opportunities, as you show you care and put forth more effort.

Cons

The only "con" I experience isn't company-specific, it's the nature of business and consulting. There are times you're given short notice or little information on projects and have to adjust quickly and be on your own to figure out what's going on. All you do to overcome that is communicate well and be proactive and ask questions / reach out to points of contact who will guide you. If anything, this can actually be a "pro" because it keeps you on your feet and forces you to learn / grow at a faster pace than the typical "comfort zone".

The upper management I've come in contact with have been very supportive and always communicate opportunities for webinars we can attend, keep us in the loop about what's going on in the unit, industry, etc...

The only thing I did wish is that we could get more support for are external training events. There's a lot of free webcasts and training we have access to, but sponsored events put on by technical corporations or professional organizations, like SAP, TIBCO and PMI, those are next to impossible to get funding for.

No specific tech background, but they still brought me on board.

Current Employee - Software Developer/Consultant  in  Austin, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Software Developer/Consultant in Austin, TX (US)

I have been working at Sogeti full-time for more than a year

Pros

If you are interested in developing your skills in IT, Sogeti has everything you need to advance. They provide the tools and the connections, but it is 100% up to you to take advantage of it.

Cons

You are not being paid close to what they bill you for.

More happy hours

Good experiences when billing at a client

Current Employee - Senior Manager  in  Houston, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in Houston, TX (US)

I have been working at Sogeti full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good partnership with Microsoft and IBM, generally no travel and local projects and ability to grow if you don't mind working above and beyond.
    You get promoted quickly and sometimes even if you are not qualified with the assumption that you can perform (can be a pro or a con).

Cons

During interviews, company will showcase their training and mentor-ship (counselor) programs which look great until you join the company. There is absolutely no investment in employees for training etc. (There are trainings delivered by other consultants but they are usually sub-optimal). You will most likely never attend a training session/course that's not free (or involves travel).
    As long as you are billing, life looks great and the culture feels good. But when you are not, you need to look for other options.

Invest in employees. Don't refer to the college tuition payment program as your great offering - very few can take advantage of a $10,000 college tuition reimbursement (with several terms and conditions) especially if you are an experienced consultant looking to grow mid-level or senior level management.
    Bonus system is a point based system which ain sounds great during interview but comes off as being very unfair and appears to be based on a very cryptic model that no one can explain or understand under the hood.

Sogeti Photos

office lobby

+ Add Photo

Worked for Sogeti? Contribute to the Community!