Sogeti

www.us.sogeti.com
Employer Engaged

A 20th Century IT Company Operating in the 21st Century

Former Employee - Consultant in Detroit, MI (US)
    Former Employee - Consultant in Detroit, MI (US)

I worked at Sogeti

Pros

Great consultants who you can learn a lot from. Work life balance was good. Excellent 401K, training opportunities, and tuition reimbursement. Counselor program was a nice touch. Great job to get experience and then move on to bigger and better things.

Cons

As I said in my title, Sogeti is a 20th century IT company. They have no concept of what people want and expect from this type of workplace. They talk a great game but they are all about the bottom line. All their decisions reflect this. The bonus program is arbitrary and unless you bill at least 90% of the time on time and materials projects, it is unattainable. Comp time exists but is so difficult to get that its almost like not having it. The management and account executives seem unable to get any new interesting projects so they settle for staff augmentation and putting consultants wherever they can bill just to get ATO (at the office) numbers down. The pay is less than subpar and coming in as an entry-level hire, I probably would have been better off working in retail and biding my time for a better offer. Every college entry hire that joined in my three years left for something bigger and better.

Stop acting like you are such a great, cool, and hip company. You are a staffing company with bad management and a faulty operating model. Pay people. Stop diverting pay to 401ks and high-deductible health insurance. Having an employee appreciation week where we get some headphones doesn't make up for paying someone with a masters degree less than a Walmart manager (no offense to Walmart managers). You have some of the most talented, personable, and smartest consultants act like you want them to work for you instead of just filling a spot until they go on to something bigger and better.

Great team mates & good for technical knowledge

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Dallas, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Dallas, TX (US)

I worked at Sogeti full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

No Travel, work/life balance, MSDN developer license, Self training materials & courses available, Great for Junior consultants just starting out. 401(k) & profit sharing great. Able to self-manage career.

Cons

Corporate (CapGemini) changing PTO & bonus policies. Favoritism is a problem; great gig placement is the luck of the draw which can be frustrating. Must self-manage career;

Incompetent, useless senior management

Current Employee - Manager Consultant in New York, NY (US)
    Current Employee - Manager Consultant in New York, NY (US)

I have been working at Sogeti

Pros

Generous with company cellular and laptop

Cons

Incompetent useless senior management failed to provide consultants with good project engagement.

Good place to get started

Former Employee - IT Consultant in Chicago, IL (US)
    Former Employee - IT Consultant in Chicago, IL (US)

I worked at Sogeti full-time (more than a year)

Pros

It's what you make of it. A lot of access to learning and many ways to get involved with the company and take initiative.

Cons

Very hard to get a bonus. The pay is below the national average for the position and does not adjust based on cost of living for each city. Each unit is different. Some units are better than others. I have found that my particular unit was not close to management.

Try to form a closer relationship with the consultants.

The world of consulting...

I have been working at Sogeti

Pros

In consulting, you can experience working in various industries....if you are lucky to get assignments.

Cons

In consulting, you have to move every 6 - 9 months.

None really.

Great if you want to be a consultant

Former Employee - Senior Project Manager in Overland Park, KS (US)
    Former Employee - Senior Project Manager in Overland Park, KS (US)

I worked at Sogeti full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Good people, good bonus structure - there seem to be many opportunities here if you want to be in a consultant role and work in multiple places.

Cons

You are expected to sell yourself to current and potential clients, which can be tough for an IT person

Sogeti Phoenix is not a bad vendor, especially for college grads

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Phoenix, AZ (US)
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Phoenix, AZ (US)

I have been working at Sogeti

Pros

Education credit, high deductible but free health insurance, 150% 401k up to 6% but paid annually (leave before 12/31 and you lose it), ok company culture, hard not to get at least a $2500 bonus.

Cons

Salary under industry norm, bench too long and you're let go, bonus program massaged differently every year, HSA in lieu of health insurance. Yearly upgrades either low or sometimes not there.

Improve communications and stop massaging the benefit program.

Knowing the trade-offs at time of hiring it can be a good place to work.

Current Employee - Senior Consultant
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant

I have been working at Sogeti full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

There is opportunity for career advancement, and opportunity to work with cutting edge technologies. Single biggest advantage is "bench" time of receiving a paycheck between projects.

Cons

The paycheck is smaller than other companies to compensate for the cost of bench time. The structure for allocating bonus is completely screwed up. Everyone is unhappy about 2015 pay raise, or lack thereof. Moral is declining rapidly.

Think strategically, and expect to spend money in a strategic plan, rather than worrying about the short term margin.

Great place for consulting non-mngt professionals!

Current Employee - Managing Consultant in Cincinnati, OH (US)
    Current Employee - Managing Consultant in Cincinnati, OH (US)

I have been working at Sogeti full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Stability, mix breed of fortune and mid size client, flexibility, benefits, counselor program, non-management consultants, tenure

Cons

Growth into mngt, stagnant compensation, promotion and raises out of sync, politics, favoritism, words out of sync with actions, on the ground ethics low

Practice what you preach, release professionals with pride as they are your future clients

Going downhill

I worked at Sogeti

Pros

401K but if you stick with company for 3 years. Believe me its long time for this kind of company

Cons

Not good projects. Plain body shop. Send people to client side even if they are not qualified. Account executives are worse, do nothing about getting new projects. Long hours and client decides work life balance.