Sogeti

www.us.sogeti.com
Employer Engaged

manager

Current Employee - Manager Consultant in Chicago, IL (US)
    Current Employee - Manager Consultant in Chicago, IL (US)

I have been working at Sogeti

Pros

good health insurance, relaxed environment

Cons

Comp off policies and sales focused on short term gain

change comp off policy. the comp off should be paid

A good company to work with

I have been working at Sogeti full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

good work life balance, Units are cooperative in work

Cons

downward communication from senior management

Need more investments in practices

Employee over 3 years in Tampa

Current Employee - Manager Consultant in Tampa, FL (US)
    Current Employee - Manager Consultant in Tampa, FL (US)

I have been working at Sogeti full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I really enjoy working in Tampa. I would not like to work anywhere else. Management is very approachable. Work-life balance is great. They are very flexible regarding when work is done. The benefits are the best I have seen.

Cons

There has not been enough autonomy for unit management to control all aspects of their business. Senior management in the company has to approve too many decisions that should be made locally.

College graduate salaries should be higher. Allow the unit management to run their unit as they see fit and measure them on their effectiveness.

After One Year...

Current Employee - Consultant in Chicago, IL (US)
    Current Employee - Consultant in Chicago, IL (US)

I have been working at Sogeti full-time (more than a year)

Pros

> Decent entry level compensation... after you consider the certificate and continued education reimbursements.
    > Very nice and fun coworkers.
    > Laid back and fun environment.
    > Higher ups treat you with respect and as an equal.
    > Encourage self-betterment. Want you to do things to improve your skill set (and to increase your bill rate).
    > Hardly compensated for working in excess of 40hr/week.

Cons

> Healthcare deductible is absolutely terrible for a single employee ($4450, then company covers 90%).
    > More interested in filling positions at clients than finding the right fit; another reviewer uses the analogy "square peg in a round hole." I joined Sogeti hoping to do primarily OOP (Java or C# primarily - as advertised). I've done almost everything besides that at my first and only client. VB.NET, SSIS, MAINFRAME (COBOL, JCL, DB2), and way too much system testing. I'm not talking about the kind of testing that is expected from developers. I'm talking QA, almost UAT, type testing.
    > Extremely subjective bonus system.

Good company if you want to grow

Former Employee - Senior Manager in Chicago, IL (US)
    Former Employee - Senior Manager in Chicago, IL (US)

I worked at Sogeti full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

If you are the type that places emphasis on learning and growing and being patient with your salary increases, sogeti is a good company to work for. The benefits are good - 401k match of 100% up to 6% of sal + 5 weeks vacation once u hit 7 years of experience. No insurance premiums to pay, but high deductible. HSA can help cover but deductible exceeds max allowed HSA contribution.

Cons

There will be times when you get paid less than your client peers or even direct reports at client. That can be frustrating! You will have to work with management to roadmap your salary adjustments over time. Wont happen in one shot.

Have to prove yourself by being actively involved in unit activities , proposals and certifications. 9-5 folks will find this extra work annoying and will not grow or get rewarded as much.

No bonus program is perfect, but there are instances where for the same person doing the same job with progressively greater responsibilities gets paid less bonus each year because upper management is fiddling around with the job title...this happened 4 years in a row. Similarly the main bonus program doesn't directly tie to things the consultant can control - bill rates(affects profit contribution), otace that make up big parts of the program.

Great if you want to be a consultant

Former Employee - Senior Project Manager in Overland Park, KS (US)
    Former Employee - Senior Project Manager in Overland Park, KS (US)

I worked at Sogeti full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Good people, good bonus structure - there seem to be many opportunities here if you want to be in a consultant role and work in multiple places.

Cons

You are expected to sell yourself to current and potential clients, which can be tough for an IT person

Good Company To work Mixed with Politics

I have been working at Sogeti

Pros

Salary/401k/Bonus, Leave structure is good.

Cons

Politics/Lack of transparency, Units do not interface with each other.

Delivery Executive

Former Employee - Delivery Solutions for MS and MC In ITIL, AD and AS in Des Moines, IA (US)

I worked at Sogeti full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Good collaborative environment, with openess to learn through my experience

Cons

Very rigid timeline and had to work daily 16 hours for commitments without sizing efforts.

Great people, bad policies

Former Employee - Consultant in Indianapolis, IN (US)
    Former Employee - Consultant in Indianapolis, IN (US)

I worked at Sogeti full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The compensation is okay, a little below market. The 401k is fantastic. The lack of health insurance premiums is nice. Everyone I worked with was great, including the clients and management.

Cons

Company is not concerned with employees, they are just a head count (Local management is great, corporate is awful).
    The health insurance deductibles are too high (way too high).
    Training is awful, you must do all training using their programs and after business hours and you must bill 40 hours so if you want to advance you have to put in over 40 hours. Also, if you want to take any external training, you have to pay for it yourself and hope the company will compensate you for it.
    Corporate has no idea what their employees need or what they are doing, they just keep changing things "for the better" by increasing deductibles, removing benefits, removing training opportunities, and generally making processes more difficult.
    Bonus system is awful, convoluted, and don't expect your due bonus if you leave. They will actually pay you your bonus and then take it out of your bank account. In my mind, this is illegal and tantamount to stealing. This happened to me and I never gave them permission to remove funds from my bank account. If they found that they over paid me, they should have sent me an invoice with the charges that I needed to pay back, not just take the money from me. The deposit wasn't even pending anymore. They literally took money from my bank account without ever getting consent from me.

Fix your systems and processes and stop changing them. Offer better health benefits (the no premiums sounds good, but it really isn't since the deductibles and out of pocket maximums are so high). Change the bonus system to be purely individual performance based and pay your bonuses! Also, stop advertising a $20,000 bonus, that is a flat out lie. So few people ever have the opportunity to get a bonus like that. It hurts your hard workers to have them come in and think they might get a big bonus only to find out it is actually impossible for most employees (literally impossible).

A 20th Century IT Company Operating in the 21st Century

Former Employee - Consultant in Detroit, MI (US)
    Former Employee - Consultant in Detroit, MI (US)

I worked at Sogeti

Pros

Great consultants who you can learn a lot from. Work life balance was good. Excellent 401K, training opportunities, and tuition reimbursement. Counselor program was a nice touch. Great job to get experience and then move on to bigger and better things.

Cons

As I said in my title, Sogeti is a 20th century IT company. They have no concept of what people want and expect from this type of workplace. They talk a great game but they are all about the bottom line. All their decisions reflect this. The bonus program is arbitrary and unless you bill at least 90% of the time on time and materials projects, it is unattainable. Comp time exists but is so difficult to get that its almost like not having it. The management and account executives seem unable to get any new interesting projects so they settle for staff augmentation and putting consultants wherever they can bill just to get ATO (at the office) numbers down. The pay is less than subpar and coming in as an entry-level hire, I probably would have been better off working in retail and biding my time for a better offer. Every college entry hire that joined in my three years left for something bigger and better.

Stop acting like you are such a great, cool, and hip company. You are a staffing company with bad management and a faulty operating model. Pay people. Stop diverting pay to 401ks and high-deductible health insurance. Having an employee appreciation week where we get some headphones doesn't make up for paying someone with a masters degree less than a Walmart manager (no offense to Walmart managers). You have some of the most talented, personable, and smartest consultants act like you want them to work for you instead of just filling a spot until they go on to something bigger and better.