Sogeti Reviews

Updated 15 September, 2014
3.1

Sogeti Chairman & CEO Luc-François Salvador
Luc-François Salvador

Pros
  • Decent benefits (150% 401k match, 12k Tuition Reimbursment, Training Opportunites) (in 25 reviews)

• The company offers some of the best matching and profit sharing as can be found in the industry (in 22 reviews)

Cons
  • Bonus program seems to have taken the place of raises (in 16 reviews)

• Sogeti is not a true consulting company there are few to no projects, and all of the work is staff augmentation (in 15 reviews)

More Highlights

Horrible is the word!

I worked at Sogeti

Pros

Absolutely none. There is no work and India is only a backend for them. Most of the work happens onsite and offshore team is only leveraged for validation or small bits of work.

Cons

1. Horrible management team sitting at Mumbai
    2. They harass employees to the limit of calling them back to office for trifling matters once they are half way back home.
    3. Some incompetent bunch of senior members expect employees to take late night calls sitting at office.
    4. They create issue for even women taking a single work from home a month, even when they have an emergency situation with their children at home.
    5.Your boss will never respond to any clarifications seeked.
    6. I was on the verge of lodging a grievance and harassment case with the corporate hr against the sogeti Mumbai senior management.

Learn to appreciate talent, and come out of your nasty mindset of simply troubleling employees.

Learn to respect women and enable them with flexible environments. Stop passing sexist and discriminatory remarks in meetings.

Company that doesnt care an ounce about you

Current Employee - Test Analyst  in  London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Test Analyst in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Sogeti full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

None i can think of

Cons

- 0 amount of training( i am a graduate) despite being promised that they will train and build skillset
    - below average salary
    - your treated as a cash coe

- pretend you care, for those that pretend you care please try to care

Decent benefits, but very poor treatment of consultants

Former Employee - Senior Consultant  in  Bellevue, WA (US)
    Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Bellevue, WA (US)

I worked at Sogeti full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- No insurance premiums
    - reasonable starting salaries
    - paid bench
    - education stipend is generous, if you can get them to approve your expenses
    - some people in management/sales are actually really nice and are trying to be good people, they just work for a company that doesn't support/enable that

Cons

- no support from management
    - poor treatment of employees and customers: threatened to sue both me and my client when i left
    - threatened to sue me for a breach of employee agreement by going to work for my client (not technically a violation, as it's not consulting services), though other people who left at the same time to work for their clients received no such threat
    - bonus structure is an absolute joke - recruiters love to tout "the opportunity for a $20,000 bonus!" but you will be lucky if you get $2,500.
    - no support for working mothers - i had to pump in a locker room, where i got walked in on by male cleaning staff
    - almost no annual compensation increase, and no communication about it last year
    - mixed messages: consistent emails saying how well the company is doing, funding bonuses at 102%, but consultants taking salary cuts
    - really poor morale in the office
    - mandatory evening events scheduled with a week's notice
    - not a ton of diversity in clients, though that may be changing
    - even when my client manager specifically told sogeti he wanted me to take a particular training class, they said they wouldn't let me pay for it with the education stipend they talk up while recruiting you.
    - local and even some national leadership doesn't seem to be able to handle pressure well

- treat your consultants like they are actually people, not walking dollar signs
    - don't be surprised when everyone who is good at their job leaves
    - don't burn bridges when your consultants leave. it's a small world, and you don't want them having horror stories to share

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Entrepreneurial culture with lots of training for new hires and seasoned employees.

I have been working at Sogeti full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

They give you a lot of opportunities to expand your knowledge base for professional development. The processes are becoming very mature and best practices are being established. Units are driven by a subset of employees but you have the opportunity to be part of that group if you have the desire and will.

Cons

The medical deductible is ridiculously high, bonus is paltry, salaries are low, they stress they want people to stay longer so they put all your money in your retirement plan.

Change the bonus structure to be more competitive with other consulting firms.

Great place to start and gain experience

Current Employee - Senior Consultant  in  Cincinnati, OH (US)
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Cincinnati, OH (US)

I have been working at Sogeti full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Large exposure to different technologies that allows individuals to gain experience in the entire SDLC. This helps people plan their careers based upon what they enjoy doing and don't. Generous tuition reimbursement and 401k matching available immediately joining the company. Full pay when not on an active project.

Cons

In a individual augmentation resourcing model, employees have to maintain vocality about their involvement with the client for the organization to be recognized for promotions and raises. People can get forgotten about at their client sites by the unit if on projects that last over time. Bonus Program while generous is hard capped allowing X number or people to earn the maximum and basing the remainder to earn less and less, structured on additional hard caps. Due to the nature of the new practices structure, this leads to alienation between different career paths and the groups feel cliquey and fragmented.

Reducing internal cost is great but not at the expense of losing talent or reducing work quality of life.

Great experiences, hard to balance responsibilities

Current Employee - IT Consultant  in  Dayton, OH (US)
    Current Employee - IT Consultant in Dayton, OH (US)

I have been working at Sogeti full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

There is plenty of access to training and learning materials. The large client base allows for a diverse project experience. The network of consultants that are at your disposal make searching for solutions easier. There are plenty of opportunities to grow and have fun outside of the work environment.

Cons

Straight out of college, due to the nature of consulting, it is hard to find your place within the company. The on-boarding process for setting expectations and how the company works is slow and lacking consistency.

The system for gauging client satisfaction is broken. The expectations for how sanctification is reported and how this effects consultants (bonus and promotion) is not communicated well by Account Executives leading to skewed metrics or numbers being made up.

Due to the counselor system having to balance client delivery with reaching out to counselees it is hard to feel connected at time. This tension, coupled with the extra (outside of 40 hours) activities for practices, account development and community activities makes the work life balance very challenging.

Seems that some of the directional changes going forward contradict each other. May want to evaluate how these changes will impact the vision for the future.

Good place to work when there IS work

Former Employee - Senior Consultant  in  Charlotte, NC (US)
    Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Charlotte, NC (US)

I worked at Sogeti full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Decent pay, good benefits, great training opportunities.

Cons

Not always enough work to keep everyone engaged on projects.

Improve sales pipeline.

No specific tech background, but they still brought me on board.

Current Employee - Software Developer/Consultant  in  Austin, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Software Developer/Consultant in Austin, TX (US)

I have been working at Sogeti full-time for more than a year

Pros

If you are interested in developing your skills in IT, Sogeti has everything you need to advance. They provide the tools and the connections, but it is 100% up to you to take advantage of it.

Cons

You are not being paid close to what they bill you for.

More happy hours

The support needed to grow my career

Current Employee - Senior Consultant  in  Blue Ash, OH (US)
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Blue Ash, OH (US)

I have been working at Sogeti full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Speaking plainly, in my two and a half years of experience with Sogeti, I've received the exposure, training, and interaction needed to take my career to the next level.
    When I began with Sogeti, I felt my career was stagnant in terms of skills and training opportunities. The local HR Manager and Practice leaders REALLY stepped up to assist me with the experience and training I needed. This organization offers $12,000/year in training and tuition reimbursement, it really is unheard of in the marketplace.

Local leadership really shines. My on-boarding was thorough and helpful and I feel like I can approach any one of my senior managers and get their time and opinions on any challenges I am facing.

Cons

I wish Sogeti put as much emphasis on training in sales and client relationship management as they do in Technical training. It's an area I don't have much experience in and would like ALOT more coaching and development.

PLEASE put together a sales training seminar series. Please don't adjust the bonus program any further!

Great growing company

Current Employee - Manager  in  Atlanta, GA (US)
    Current Employee - Manager in Atlanta, GA (US)

I have been working at Sogeti full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great benefits, encourage career growth. If you want to do something they will tell you to go for it. Working with fortune 100 clients. Growing aggressively in Atlanta. Great team of talent.

Cons

Not the place for those who just want to put their heads down and work. Not the place for those who want things handed to them

Worked for Sogeti? Contribute to the Community!