Sogeti
www.sogeti.com Paris, France

Sogeti Reviews

Updated Apr 15, 2014
Sogeti – Chicago – “office lobby”

Sogeti Chairman & CEO Luc-François Salvador

Luc-François Salvador

Pros:
  • "Decent benefits (150% 401k match, 12k Tuition Reimbursment, Training Opportunites)"
    in 24 reviews
  • "Strong respect for your work/life balance"
    in 11 reviews
Cons:
  • "The bonus program pits you against other employees (worse they do, better you do)"
    in 15 reviews
  • "Overtime which is still hourly client billing contributes to bonus potential instead of actual pay or comp time"
    in 14 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Not the best, but not the worst

Project Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at Sogeti full-time for more than 5 years

Pros6-week bench if contract ends without cause
PTO increases the longer you work
Severance pay commiserate with number of years you worked if client fires you
Healthcare premiums are paid for whole family

ConsThey do not have your back if client fires you regardless of how long you've worked there
No overtime - everything goes into 'comp time' bucket
Weirdly arcane bonus system
No pay raise when bill-rate to customer increases
Health care is catastrophic but has a higher deductible than the most you can withhold in an HSA
You have to do a whole 'review process' as if you aren't nothing more than an income-generating resource for them

Advice to Senior ManagementGet better healthcare
Stop trying to be a hybrid - right now there are all the disadvantages of both being treated as a 'real' employee of a company AND all the disadvantages of being a wageslave farmed out to other companies (i.e. a vendor/contractor). The few pros of being treated as an employee are outweighed by the crud you have to put up with (such as not getting any overtime you earned).

Somewhat satisfactory with room to improve

Software Developer (Current Employee)
Chicago, IL (US)

I have been working at Sogeti full-time for more than a year

ProsCollegiate environment
Personal growth
Flat management structure

ConsHealthcare
Communication between management and units

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more transparent and forward with employees

Big Promises Small Results

Senior Consultant (Current Employee)
Seattle, WA (US)

I have been working at Sogeti as a contractor for more than 3 years

ProsIt's a good foot in the door / developmental career stop. For those that are needing to build your resume and get some good experience then this is a decent starting point.

ConsNo real upward mobility. You can get promoted but rarely see anything reflected in your pay for the work you do. They only care about the bottom dollar and not the people that make up the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn to respect the people that work for you in the same way that you demand their respect.

Formerly very talented employee friendly company approaching a low point

Manager Consultant (Former Employee)

I worked at Sogeti full-time for more than 3 years

ProsWork life balance
Self-driven career growth
No travel required, yet still consult and gain experience at big clients*
6% 401k match...1.5 to 1 so it's really 9%
Long history with some loyal, talented vets
Things will eventually turn around for them if they fix their problems starting with change at the top
Good place for early career growth or for those looking not to travel assuming you are flexible about the work you do. Opens many doors to other companies.

ConsUS C level and corporate management is cutting costs to boost profits presumably to make up for overseas losses and is strangling growth
Corporate's general lack of investment in their IT infrastructure hinders consultant productivity
Benefits are slowly being cut
Salaries are stagnant and they do not grow
Morale is low as sales are down and turnover is increasing
Bonus system is convoluted and can be frustrating
The yearly review, promotion, and wage adjustment process is highly impersonal and not transparent at all
*You might have to travel to stay billable depending on your salary level
401k isn't matched until Dec 21 and requires 3 years to be vested

Advice to Senior ManagementStop changing practices and unit structures every year. It generally upsets more people than it pleases and you don't give it enough time to see if these changes really work.
Make the process for pay and promotions more transparent where at least there's some explanation to the results.
Invest in your business, your people, and your infrastructure and be patient.

Make tough decisions

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Sogeti

ProsGood benefits, good place to learn about consultancy and testing, innovation, full of people who are passionate about testing

ConsToo many people in senior positions with egos who only care about their part of the business looking good/doing well as opposed to working together towards a bigger goal, flexible working does just not exist, no diversity in the leadership team.

Advice to Senior ManagementDear CEO: Make tough decisions, stick with them and fully implement them, even if it means being unpopular or risking senior people leaving - doing this will not only save your Company but also earn you the respect of your employees, who are your greatest asset. Business is business and you can't please everyone, nor change your mind because someone runs to you dissatisfied about something. Look beyond the next profit figures at the bigger picture.

Review

I have been working at Sogeti

ProsHigh right out of college pay

ConsGet lost in the company by always being on client sites

Staffing company with no vision

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Sogeti full-time for more than a year

ProsBenefits - 401K
Local Management was great but had their hands tied by HQ with over the top policies.

ConsThere are so many.
Policies are restrictive, they do not provide you the tools to do your job (phone, useful computer).
Executive Management is out of touch with what it takes to build a great organization.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you want to be a Consulting Company stop acting like a staffing company! Invest real $$ into your employees.

Solid team of people

Consultant (Former Employee)
Tampa, FL (US)

I worked at Sogeti full-time for more than a year

ProsExposure to different client and technologies. Company internal web-based training programs enables you to be more marketable. Benefits package is pretty decent and they do offer a bonus program. I felt I was working with some of the best technical people in the business.

ConsSogeti is a 24/7 operation and usually doesn't offer a professional and personal life balance. You will be required to be at a client site then also build partnerships outside the billable time. This coupled with required skill training makes it difficult to maintain a balanced life.

A innovative and welcoming company, which balances being a trailblazer in it's field with a welcoming environment.

Business Development Manager (Current Employee)
London, England (UK)

I have been working at Sogeti full-time for less than a year

ProsA stirling and well rounded training facility, combined with support from all area's of senior managment gave me both the skills and the confidence to progress and succeed. Within 4- months of joining the company I had been sent on 4 training courses as well as having spent considerable time with each of the sector heads. Additionally, It is great to be part of a leading company with such a respectable presence in the market and a real emphasis on remaining there.

ConsWhist the social aspect of the company more than furfills expectations, it would be nice to have more of an orientation towards team building days and sports teams. However, that said I know plans are in place to start a company football team.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease continue to take the time to interact with new staff. This interaction provides both a welcoming aspect whilst making you feel valued and enthusiastic about work.

A supporting and Friendly company.

Sales (Current Employee)
London, England (UK)

I have been working at Sogeti full-time for less than a year

ProsA very comprehensive training program was laid on for all of the graduates who joined in the summer of 2013, this included all graduates completing the ISEB qualification helping to provide a deeper knowledge when speaking to prospective clients.

As well as technical training Sogeti worked with an external sales training provider for a range of sessions which helped with questioning techniques and overall mannerisms whilst performing the role.

The culture of the company is very friendly and you will be supported by senior management who are keen on encouraging continual development which is a positive sign as a graduate.

ConsIt would be great to have a larger emphasis on cross departmental team building, such as away days or a regular sports team which all members of Sogeti could participate in.

Worked for Sogeti? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Sogeti reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for Sogeti CEO Luc-François Salvador. All 323 reviews are posted anonymously by Sogeti employees.