Sogeti Reviews

Updated 21 October, 2014
Updated 21 October, 2014

Sogeti Chairman & CEO Luc-François Salvador
Luc-François Salvador

Pros
  • Decent benefits (150% 401k match, 12k Tuition Reimbursment, Training Opportunites) (in 28 reviews)

• Great 401(k), Good Benefits-no premiums on med/dental co (in 24 reviews)

Cons
  • Bonus program seems to have taken the place of raises (in 18 reviews)

• Work life balance is what they promote but in reality, it does not happen (in 9 reviews)

More Highlights

Very nyc

I worked at Sogeti part-time

Pros

Great company to work at.

Cons

No cons as such. It is great.

Get out what you put in

Current Employee - Consultant in Atlanta, GA (US)
    Current Employee - Consultant in Atlanta, GA (US)

I have been working at Sogeti full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great benefits & 401k, fair pay, quick promotion track for over achievers, lots of opportunities to take leadership roles, aggressive bonus structure if you contribute back to the company above and beyond your client role.

Cons

Market planning and strategy lacks definition.

A person who is not a self starter may have difficulty succeeding.

More recognition for consultants who contribute to Sogeti above and beyond their client responsibilities.

More solution sell/build/support from regional and national teams.

IT Consultant at Sogeti

Former Employee - IT Consultant in Blue Ash, OH (US)
    Former Employee - IT Consultant in Blue Ash, OH (US)

I worked at Sogeti full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good for Entry-level professionals like recent graduates, they pay for your time "on the bench", great benefits and 401k employer contribution, nice and welcoming culture of the company, a lot of activities promoting communication and helping others among consultants and other employees, access to every technology you need.

Cons

It's difficult to be promoted, you have to participate in the office activities as teaching some technologies you know to other consultants, and promoting sales at the clients. The salaries are good for starters, but after several years nothing changes much.

despite the propaganda, just another margin-focused outsourcer

Former Employee - Managing Consultant
    Former Employee - Managing Consultant

I worked at Sogeti full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The best reason is the 401k. Health benefits are great if you're single and healthy. Get a good project and it's okay as long as you stay away from the back office politics.

Cons

Very few quality people in management. CEO is a joke. Stay away from the sales cycle. Just another volume outsourcer that claims expertise (that's really just the guy who came to the sales call) and then asks the client to pay for the developer tools.

Own up to your identity-- you're a low-cost outsourcer stuck in the gap between the real volume players and the niche rock stars. You can't be high value and low cost and still squeeze your people for 35% margin.

Manager Consultant

I have been working at Sogeti

Pros

Good benefits, MSDN license, little travel, paid bench time.

Cons

Poor senior leadership, bonuses are heavily dependent on billing time.

Decent company, but not true consulting work

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Minneapolis, MN (US)
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Minneapolis, MN (US)

I have been working at Sogeti full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

For the truly self-motivating, a great company as initiative is very much encouraged, but no hand-holding. Good pay and decent benefits. Opportunities outside of regular assignments to learn.

Cons

Almost exclusively enterprise-level staff augmentation work (i.e. long-term assignments), not for those looking for frequent changes. If you do want out of an assignment, you have to raise a big stink. No sense of camaraderie with coworkers as you almost never see them.

Stop cheaping out on perks, a little goes a long way with keeping employee satisfaction high.

Entry level developer

Former Employee - Consultant in Cincinnati, OH (US)
    Former Employee - Consultant in Cincinnati, OH (US)

I worked at Sogeti full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

While at Sogeti I felt like I was my own boss. I would work downtown, in the office, or from home whenever and however I needed. The people I worked with were usually friendly and professional. I obtained invaluable business experience but had to speak up to get real development work.

Cons

I was underpaid and felt management only saw me as a number. Most of my projects were either too easy or not a good fit.

There is not any transparency for how the process works. Nearly all new developers I spoke with were very bored with their work. You need to understand the needs of your employees if you want to keep them.

My experience at Sogeti has been filled with challenges and I have gained a lot of experiences.

Current Employee - IT Consultant in Dayton, OH (US)
    Current Employee - IT Consultant in Dayton, OH (US)

I have been working at Sogeti full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Bonus Program, Amount of PTO, Challenging/Not Boring, Opportunity to Travel, Networking Opportunities are Great

Cons

A lot of uncertainty when you are on the bench between projects, you have little control or influence on a lot of the factors that go into the bonus program, compensation is lower than average, may have to travel far from your home to clients

My advice would be for management to think about decisions they make and how they can affect the consultant directly. If Sogeti's local touch local reach model is going to work, Sogeti needs to be able to retain good consultants. No one wants to drive hours to their client, they want to be home and have a work life balance, so make sure and gear the projects not just towards Sogeti's revenue goals, but also towards how the consultant is affected. If the good consultants leave Sogeti, that means a lot less revenue for Sogeti because revenue will be lost on those consultants that leave and future consultants those good consultants could have trained.

So Far So Good

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Baltimore, MD (US)
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Baltimore, MD (US)

I have been working at Sogeti full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Opportunities to learn, emphasis on training and career growth

Cons

You may be asked to do things outside of your comfort zone.

Great Place to Work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA (US)

I have been working at Sogeti full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great benefits, surrounded by really good people, certifications are paid for, opportunities to take on different roles and leadership. If you are good at your job and have a good attitude then you will excel here. They give you the opportunity to make what you want out of your career.

Cons

You may have to take on a role that is out of your comfort zone.

Continue providing opportunities for employees to grow their careers.

Sogeti Photos