Sogeti Reviews

Updated 28 August, 2014

3.1

Sogeti Chairman & CEO Luc-François Salvador
Luc-François Salvador

Pros
  • Decent benefits (150% 401k match, 12k Tuition Reimbursment, Training Opportunites) (in 25 reviews)

• The company offers some of the best matching and profit sharing as can be found in the industry (in 22 reviews)

Cons
  • Bonus program seems to have taken the place of raises (in 16 reviews)

• Sogeti is not a true consulting company there are few to no projects, and all of the work is staff augmentation (in 15 reviews)

More Highlights

Self-Fulfilling

Current Employee - Senior Manager  in  Dayton, OH (US)
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in Dayton, OH (US)

I have been working at Sogeti full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Consulting is NOT like a typical corporate job. Employees MUST take responsibility for their career.
    Will get out of it what you put in it.
    Great training opportunities & Great retirement Package!!

Cons

At times have lack of direction. Can be "idle" for long periods of time.

Things aren't what they appear to be.

Former Employee - Senior Consultant  in  Denver, CO (US)
    Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Denver, CO (US)

I worked at Sogeti full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great benefits - matching 401K at 150% - tuition reimbursement - pay for certifications. Interesting assignments - paid time on bench.

Cons

If you use the benefits, it reduces your chance for a bonus. To earn a bonus, a lot of time outside of office hours is expected of you. Work life balance is what they promote but in reality, it does not happen. The more you do on your own time, the more that is expected of you.

There is no transparency. People leave and they just disappear off the face of the earth - causes a lot of rumors to start - where if the company would just say "so and so has moved on for their own reasons", there would be less wondering and gossiping. Good people don't seem to last long - high turnover.

CEO doesn't care about the people at all. He claims transparency but there is none. You don't motivate people by humiliating them in front of their peers.

Entrepreneurial culture with lots of training for new hires and seasoned employees.

I have been working at Sogeti full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

They give you a lot of opportunities to expand your knowledge base for professional development. The processes are becoming very mature and best practices are being established. Units are driven by a subset of employees but you have the opportunity to be part of that group if you have the desire and will.

Cons

The medical deductible is ridiculously high, bonus is paltry, salaries are low, they stress they want people to stay longer so they put all your money in your retirement plan.

Change the bonus structure to be more competitive with other consulting firms.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great place to start and gain experience

Current Employee - Senior Consultant  in  Cincinnati, OH (US)
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Cincinnati, OH (US)

I have been working at Sogeti full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Large exposure to different technologies that allows individuals to gain experience in the entire SDLC. This helps people plan their careers based upon what they enjoy doing and don't. Generous tuition reimbursement and 401k matching available immediately joining the company. Full pay when not on an active project.

Cons

In a individual augmentation resourcing model, employees have to maintain vocality about their involvement with the client for the organization to be recognized for promotions and raises. People can get forgotten about at their client sites by the unit if on projects that last over time. Bonus Program while generous is hard capped allowing X number or people to earn the maximum and basing the remainder to earn less and less, structured on additional hard caps. Due to the nature of the new practices structure, this leads to alienation between different career paths and the groups feel cliquey and fragmented.

Reducing internal cost is great but not at the expense of losing talent or reducing work quality of life.

Great experiences, hard to balance responsibilities

Current Employee - IT Consultant  in  Dayton, OH (US)
    Current Employee - IT Consultant in Dayton, OH (US)

I have been working at Sogeti full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

There is plenty of access to training and learning materials. The large client base allows for a diverse project experience. The network of consultants that are at your disposal make searching for solutions easier. There are plenty of opportunities to grow and have fun outside of the work environment.

Cons

Straight out of college, due to the nature of consulting, it is hard to find your place within the company. The on-boarding process for setting expectations and how the company works is slow and lacking consistency.

The system for gauging client satisfaction is broken. The expectations for how sanctification is reported and how this effects consultants (bonus and promotion) is not communicated well by Account Executives leading to skewed metrics or numbers being made up.

Due to the counselor system having to balance client delivery with reaching out to counselees it is hard to feel connected at time. This tension, coupled with the extra (outside of 40 hours) activities for practices, account development and community activities makes the work life balance very challenging.

Seems that some of the directional changes going forward contradict each other. May want to evaluate how these changes will impact the vision for the future.

Good place to work when there IS work

Former Employee - Senior Consultant  in  Charlotte, NC (US)
    Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Charlotte, NC (US)

I worked at Sogeti full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Decent pay, good benefits, great training opportunities.

Cons

Not always enough work to keep everyone engaged on projects.

Improve sales pipeline.

It's more than work, it's a family innovation lab

Current Employee - Vice President  in  Phoenix, AZ (US)
    Current Employee - Vice President in Phoenix, AZ (US)

I have been working at Sogeti full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

If you enjoy endless learning and driving client value, Sogeti is the place!

Cons

Finding time to get away from work, not enough back office support

Keep the culture and invest in appreciation and branding.

Decent consulting firm

Former Employee - Director  in  Columbus, OH (US)
    Former Employee - Director in Columbus, OH (US)

I worked at Sogeti full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

100% pay on bench
    Good client base
    Profit sharing and excellent 401k matching

Cons

Account execs are poor in looking out for new clients
    Not much investment in growing the sales team
    Not much brand recognition in the market

Get the Sogeti name out in the market. Sponsor local events.
    Management has very strict top down approach. Local leaders do not have much leeway in making decisions in their respective units.

The support needed to grow my career

Current Employee - Senior Consultant  in  Blue Ash, OH (US)
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Blue Ash, OH (US)

I have been working at Sogeti full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Speaking plainly, in my two and a half years of experience with Sogeti, I've received the exposure, training, and interaction needed to take my career to the next level.
    When I began with Sogeti, I felt my career was stagnant in terms of skills and training opportunities. The local HR Manager and Practice leaders REALLY stepped up to assist me with the experience and training I needed. This organization offers $12,000/year in training and tuition reimbursement, it really is unheard of in the marketplace.

Local leadership really shines. My on-boarding was thorough and helpful and I feel like I can approach any one of my senior managers and get their time and opinions on any challenges I am facing.

Cons

I wish Sogeti put as much emphasis on training in sales and client relationship management as they do in Technical training. It's an area I don't have much experience in and would like ALOT more coaching and development.

PLEASE put together a sales training seminar series. Please don't adjust the bonus program any further!

Great Experiences and Growth

Current Employee - Senior Consultant  in  Cincinnati, OH (US)
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Cincinnati, OH (US)

I have been working at Sogeti full-time for more than a year

Pros

--Benefits: immediate 150% 401k match up to 6% contribution and just 3-year vested schedule, Profit Sharing, Vacation Days, Tuition Reimbursement...
    --Training material available: there's an entire learning center for consultants to access
    --Bonus Program: Reading some of the other reviews, it seems people aren't a fan of it and one reviewer said "you have to work your butt off to get a bonus".... NO KIDDING? You don't say?! What kind of concept is that? Work extra hard to get BONUS pay, above and beyond your generous salary?! Another reviewer said you need to be "in" with the people that rate. Why yes, you should be reaching out to your local management and be proactive. How do you think they're going to rate you if they don't even know you exist? The Bonus Program is definitely a positive about this company.
    --Overall work/personal life balance
    --Project opportunities
    --Client Base
    --Counselor Program
    --Support from regional / geographical managers and Account Executives: be proactive and keep in touch with the important people in your region and in your unit. You will get lots of support from them and will be given great opportunities, as you show you care and put forth more effort.

Cons

The only "con" I experience isn't company-specific, it's the nature of business and consulting. There are times you're given short notice or little information on projects and have to adjust quickly and be on your own to figure out what's going on. All you do to overcome that is communicate well and be proactive and ask questions / reach out to points of contact who will guide you. If anything, this can actually be a "pro" because it keeps you on your feet and forces you to learn / grow at a faster pace than the typical "comfort zone".

The upper management I've come in contact with have been very supportive and always communicate opportunities for webinars we can attend, keep us in the loop about what's going on in the unit, industry, etc...

The only thing I did wish is that we could get more support for are external training events. There's a lot of free webcasts and training we have access to, but sponsored events put on by technical corporations or professional organizations, like SAP, TIBCO and PMI, those are next to impossible to get funding for.

Worked for Sogeti? Contribute to the Community!