Sogeti Reviews

Updated 22 April, 2015
463 reviews filtered by
Sogeti CEO Hans van Waayenburg
Hans van Waayenburg

Pros
  • Decent benefits (150% 401k match, 12k Tuition Reimbursment, Training Opportunites) (in 29 reviews)

• Time-off for work/life balance is one of the best I have seen (in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • Bonus program seems to have taken the place of raises (in 18 reviews)

• It seems that we always talk about Solutioning and practices but end up doing staff augmentation (in 17 reviews)

1. Out of touch USA CEO

I have been working at Sogeti full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Benefits and time off aredecent
    Consultants are talented

Cons

C level management calls all of the shots - out of touch with real world consulting and sales approaches. Leads by intimidation. Local Upper Management has to follow all of his unorthodox ideas and try their best to act like it's a good idea. Bonus levels are unattainable so don't be fooled during the interview process. Best to negotiate your salary very high at the beginning because you won't be seeing any significant increases over the years. Tenured consultants seem to be brainwashed into thinking there aren't other better opportunities outside of Sogeti. Things change on a dime; as do comp plans/benefits etc without any explanation or rationalization. Sales team is completely demotivated after recent comp changes; made morale at an all time low. Will be tough to attract decent sales people moving forward as they seem to be all looking for other opportunities where they are appreciated.

Advice to Management

Spend some time with your consultants to find out what motivates them and get back to the basics of being a good company. You have talented consultants that want to work hard and be successful. Stop focusing on the small things such as travel expenses and monthly expenses. Those are highly scrutinized every week and make it seem like you don't trust your employees. Pay out your bonuses and create an environment of mutual success, not one sided to the CIO's pocket.

2. Overall very good experience.

Current Employee - Texas in Houston, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Texas in Houston, TX (US)

I have been working at Sogeti

Pros

Sogeti has been a great employer to me for a few years now. I have been able to be upwardly mobile in the organization and have felt appreciated most of the time. There have been ups and downs but what company doesn't have that. I think they have made great strides to keep up with changing times and have improved their focus on being employee centric.

Cons

Inconsistent communication and messaging from corporate on changes. They are working to improve that but it's been somewhat damaging to morale when changes are announced, then recanted. Or when changes aren't fully explained, or implemented without warning. Internal technology needs upgrading.

Advice to Management

Leverage your internal wealth of talented people to upgrade our internal technology, use OCM experts before communicating change. Be transparent in communication. Allow more company events and perks for employees - goes a long way in making people feel appreciated.

3. senior QA

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I have been working at Sogeti full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Working for more than 3 yrs

Cons

no growth and pay rise have travel to different clients sites

Advice to Management

need to look after staff

5. Great company so far

Current Employee - Consultant in Dallas, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Consultant in Dallas, TX (US)

I have been working at Sogeti full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Get to change jobs on a semi regular basis. You will not be stuck on the same project for years, unless you want to.
    Management is very nice and most of my coworkers are as well.
    This is my first job out of college and I am pretty satisfied so far.

Cons

You may be put on projects you do not like, but can express this dislike and try to move somewhere else.
    Sometimes you commute will be great and sometimes it will be terrible depending on the location of the client.

Great organization.

Current Employee - Consultant in Warsaw, IN (US)
    Current Employee - Consultant in Warsaw, IN (US)

I have been working at Sogeti full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great benefits and management. Very employee centered organization and rewards value.

Cons

The only con would begin guidance on status between projects.

Advice to Management

Continue to stress employee engagement support, stability, and value. Continue to stress employee security.

Good place to work if you are motivated and willing to speak your mind.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)

I have been working at Sogeti full-time

Pros

Great, intelligent, motivated co-workers. Management will listen if you are willing to challenge their decisions with alternatives (not simply complaining). Upward mobility and compensation for training. Projects are local, so you can have a family or pets.

Cons

Corporate red tape. Top down decisions not necessarily conducive to the type of employee they aspire to attract. Insurance isn't great.

Advice to Management

If you want to hire and keep smart, creative people quit trying to stamp them all into a mold.

8. Extremely Unprofessional, disrespectful and dishonest

Former Employee - Consultant in Minneapolis, MN (US)
    Former Employee - Consultant in Minneapolis, MN (US)

I worked at Sogeti

Pros

ZERO ZERO ZERO ZERO ZERO

Cons

Unprofessional, shorted hours, then shorted again refused to pay for worked completed and approved. Don't return phone calls, and then promise to follow up and don't. Distrust anyone at Sogeti first and then verify twice is how you treat working for Sogeti.

Advice to Management

Really poor management, very unprofessional. Fire current management and get someone in who knows what they are doing.

9. Making changes

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Baltimore, MD (US)
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Baltimore, MD (US)

I have been working at Sogeti full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great benefits, good for someone who wants to continue coursework or get another degree ($12,000 tuition reimbursement), good co-workers (when you see them), smart people, locations everywhere, good office staff (recruiter, HR).

Cons

Lack of leadership and unclear direction (or how to get there). If unhappy at a client they will listen to you but you will likely be stuck there or forced to resign. At the end of the day the sales people are more concerned with commission. Growth is possible, but mostly in sales. You may also be on a project alone from Sogeti so you lose a sense of identifying with the company. When I joined I thought I'd be working on a team of Sogeti people.

Advice to Management

Follow through on what you say you're going to do.

10. Senior Consultant

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Bellevue, WA (US)
    Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Bellevue, WA (US)

I worked at Sogeti

Pros

There are no pros to working for this company

Cons

Company has no loyalty to employees. There is no formalized structure and no communication with new employees about how the show is run. I never even did find out who I reported to. They farm you out, use you then throw you away when they don't have an immediate project to put you on. The client will ALWAYS come before the employee....regardless of the situation. And no, the client is NOT always right!

Advice to Management

Treat employees like humans, not slave machines. Communicate structure to employees so they know who to go to when they need something.

11. Avoid it at all cost

Former Employee - Test Analyst in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Test Analyst in London, England (UK)

I worked at Sogeti full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Nice co-workers. People who like you are stuck and looking for a job!

Cons

- Evil HR team. They treat you like a number

- Poor training

- No recognition

- Very insulting salary. Like £18K for their graduate scheme. How on earth someone could live in London by this salary?

- Long bench time

Advice to Management

Resign now!