Sogeti
www.sogeti.com Paris, France

Sogeti Reviews

Updated Apr 04, 2014
Sogeti – Chicago – “office lobby”

Sogeti Chairman & CEO Luc-François Salvador

Luc-François Salvador

Great Place to Gain Experience

Consultant (Current Employee)
Phoenix, AZ (US)

I have been working at Sogeti full-time for more than 3 years

ProsVery good benefits, great 401k match with only a 3 year vest, profit sharing, starts at 15 days off. Great range of jobs for a college graduate to better find what they want their career to become. Health Care is 100% paid for, but is more suited for those who are younger with no families.

The account executives are very proactive in helping you get the type of jobs you want to pursue, as well as being your biggest advocates to management come review and promotion time.

ConsCan sometimes get stuck on projects for a long length of time. You need to voice your opinion strongly in order to get the type of jobs you want, but they are not guaranteed.

Do not go into this job expecting a bonus. Sogeti recruiters will push the 20k+ bonus, but the bonus system is a nationwide tiered ranking for all consultants at every level and is not just performance based. Only top level consultants that work on contracts and lead practices will get the 10 and 20k+ bonuses. Typical bonus for most consultants is 5k but thats after a couple of years. First years expect no bonus or 2500, so prospective candidates such weigh this and negotiate based on base salary only.

You must have one year into the company before you are eligible for profit sharing.

Health Care is a high deductible plan not suited for families.

Advice to Senior ManagementOvertime helps your bonus potential but since the bonus levels are not guaranteed, there is no tangible link to help consultants want to strive to increase the bottom line. Learn how to directly compensate those that choose to put the company first and you will find that many consultants will take that opportunity.

Good company for self-driven people with leadership qualities.

Manager Consultnat (Current Employee)
Omaha, NE (US)

I have been working at Sogeti full-time for more than 3 years

ProsHard work and leadership potential is recognized and rewarded with responsibility, challenge, and opportunities. The benefits are good. They include generaous vacation time, health care, and 401k. Your bonus is performance driven bonus amongst your unit and region. You get to work with a network of really smart people.

ConsEvery year there are changes to policies regarding benefits and infrastructure, leadership, and general political alignment. Communication from leadership, especially national and regional level, is not that great. Not many people have heard of Sogeti.

Advice to Senior ManagementSolidify policy and shift culture away from modesty.

Sogeti UK offers a real oportunity to make a real difference, and work with really lovely people.

Head of UK Marketing (Current Employee)
London, England (UK)

I have been working at Sogeti full-time for more than a year

ProsGreat work life balance, growing organisation, entrepreneurial spirit, flat management where your voice can be heard, always something new and exciting going on.

ConsInternal communication could be better, but working in a consultancy this is always tough for those working on client site. As a result of consultants dotted around the country, you don't always get to see or know everyone in the business as often or as well as you might like, however the executive team does well to arrange social gatherings, quarterly meetings etc.

Overall, and good experience with Sogeti

Consultant (Former Employee)
Dayton, OH (US)

I worked at Sogeti full-time for less than a year

ProsYou can get a variety of experience working on different projects for different clients. This includes the size of the team, from just 1 or 2 people to 20 people.

ConsCan feel lost and confused in the system. I was never sure what I was doing, or what I would be doing next. As long as your billing that's what matters.

Sogeti is very sink or swim.

IT Consultant (Current Employee)
Raritan, NJ (US)

I have been working at Sogeti full-time for more than a year

ProsYoung consultants can quickly get a wide range of experience by working on a handful of different projects in a short period of time. Getting pushed into projects out of your depth can pay off if you end up doing well.

ConsThere's very little direction, especially for younger/newer employees. Management can be hard to get in touch with, and there are times that I at least felt kind of forgotten about. Younger employees are often pushed onto projects with little guidance for what they're expected to do, which is stressful.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry not to throw so many inexperienced resources at a project. It's stressful for the consultants and it makes the company look disorganized to the business, which I don't think reflects all that well on Sogeti.

Great for professional growth, bad compensation

Software Engineer (Current Employee)
Vianen, North Brabant (Netherlands)

I have been working at Sogeti part-time for more than a year

Pros- Collegues are generally friendly and helpful
- Learning new skills is very much encouraged and facilitated

Cons- Salaries for new employees are ridiculously low, and grow marginally (if at all). This will lead to an exodus of employees that worked for a few years at Sogeti

- Company tries to retain employees by binding for a few years with a loan that is slowly paid off over the course of several years. The employee must pay the remainder of the loan all at once if he tries to leave before it is paid off

Advice to Senior ManagementDivide compensation more across the board to retain new talent, instead of relying on contracts that make it hard to leave in the first few years

Mediocre

Senior Consultant (Current Employee)
Cincinnati, OH (US)

I have been working at Sogeti full-time for more than 3 years

ProsDecent benefits (150% 401k match, 12k Tuition Reimbursment, Training Opportunites)

ConsLower Salary compared to market rates, limited growth potential

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunicate Bill Rates to consultants

Good clients and great colleagues

London, England (UK)

ProsReally friendly, helpful colleagues
Good career progression for those that work hard
Lots of good clients and currently Sogeti in the UK is growing & expanding
Creator of industry standard TMap and TPI methodologies
In-house training courses and lots of scope to improve skills!

ConsPossibility for need to travel for projects
Not a con for me, but workload is often very busy with lots going on and need to remain flexible to manage new requests

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to improve communications

Like working for yourself, but with a consistent paycheck

Managing Consultant (Current Employee)
Cincinnati, OH (US)

I have been working at Sogeti full-time for more than a year

ProsI like the freedom to manage my work and the relationship with the client. I like the compensation and the 401k matching.

ConsRelocation to other offices is possible, but only if you pay the majority of relocation costs. Raises are a low percentage. 401k matching does not vest until year 3 in the company.

Decent place to work

Senior Consultant (Current Employee)

I have been working at Sogeti for more than 10 years

ProsStrives to be the best. Half a notch to a full notch above the general competition. Strongly encourages professional growth.

ConsSalaries good at first but stagnate as you progress. Bonus program seems to have taken the place of raises. Bonus program is intended to include all consultants, particularly oft-alienated technical types, however it still favors those with aptitude for business and sales, and also favors those in prospering luck-of-the-draw engagements. Overtime which is still hourly client billing contributes to bonus potential instead of actual pay or comp time.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt's good, but not great. Please further encourage and motivate employees of all types to train and improve themselves.

Worked for Sogeti? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Sogeti reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for Sogeti CEO Luc-François Salvador. All 322 reviews are posted anonymously by Sogeti employees.