Sogeti
www.sogeti.com Paris, France

Sogeti Reviews

Updated Apr 17, 2014
Sogeti – Chicago – “office lobby”

Sogeti Chairman & CEO Luc-François Salvador

Luc-François Salvador

Pros:
  • "Decent benefits (150% 401k match, 12k Tuition Reimbursment, Training Opportunites)"
    in 24 reviews
  • "Strong respect for your work/life balance"
    in 11 reviews
Cons:
  • "The bonus program pits you against other employees (worse they do, better you do)"
    in 15 reviews
  • "Overtime which is still hourly client billing contributes to bonus potential instead of actual pay or comp time"
    in 14 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

A innovative and welcoming company, which balances being a trailblazer in it's field with a welcoming environment.

Business Development Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Sogeti full-time for less than a year

ProsA stirling and well rounded training facility, combined with support from all area's of senior managment gave me both the skills and the confidence to progress and succeed. Within 4- months of joining the company I had been sent on 4 training courses as well as having spent considerable time with each of the sector heads. Additionally, It is great to be part of a leading company with such a respectable presence in the market and a real emphasis on remaining there.

ConsWhist the social aspect of the company more than furfills expectations, it would be nice to have more of an orientation towards team building days and sports teams. However, that said I know plans are in place to start a company football team.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease continue to take the time to interact with new staff. This interaction provides both a welcoming aspect whilst making you feel valued and enthusiastic about work.

A supporting and Friendly company.

Sales (Current Employee)

I have been working at Sogeti full-time for less than a year

ProsA very comprehensive training program was laid on for all of the graduates who joined in the summer of 2013, this included all graduates completing the ISEB qualification helping to provide a deeper knowledge when speaking to prospective clients.

As well as technical training Sogeti worked with an external sales training provider for a range of sessions which helped with questioning techniques and overall mannerisms whilst performing the role.

The culture of the company is very friendly and you will be supported by senior management who are keen on encouraging continual development which is a positive sign as a graduate.

ConsIt would be great to have a larger emphasis on cross departmental team building, such as away days or a regular sports team which all members of Sogeti could participate in.

Staff Augmentation with minimal communication

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Sogeti

ProsSogeti has a nice brand name with a high profile parent company; CapGemini. It has a great benefits package including a terrific 401k option...if you can wait 3 years for it to vest. There are lots of talented people employed by Sogeti who are passionate about what they do and can deliver high quality work.

ConsThere is little to no communication from leadership to it's consultants. The moral is low and not much is being done to change that. There is a high turnover rate and the projects are tactical in nature.

Advice to Senior ManagementRegroup and realize your consultants are a valued asset and not a warm body to staff. Have an open and transparent communication process.

Great Employee Focus

Senior Manager (Current Employee)
Columbus, OH (US)

I have been working at Sogeti full-time

ProsExcellent Benefits. Employee Focus. Regional Model works well. Entrepreneurial in nature.

ConsOffshore delivery is a challenge. In a transformation mode currently.

Advice to Senior ManagementCould have better support from Practices

Ethics

Recruiter (Former Employee)

I worked at Sogeti full-time

ProsGood Benefits and if you land the right project you will be happy until you land on the bench.

ConsEnvironment is fear driven and motivation is lacking. Not a place to inspire anyone.

Advice to Senior ManagementCould be such a great company if they just thought about decisions instead of reacting on what makes todays dollar. You miss the big picture of success when such short focus is used.

Manager

Senior Manager (Current Employee)
Seattle, WA (US)

I have been working at Sogeti full-time for more than 5 years

ProsNice benefits
Full pay on bench
People are nice

ConsSales very weak
Not aggressive in finding new clients

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement needs to have long term vision & hire right candidates.

– I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company

Worked as college hire for one year.

Consultant (Former Employee)
Houston, TX (US)

I worked at Sogeti full-time

ProsFrequently new projects; may switch practices once a year; potential for growth.

ConsIf you decided to specialize in a certain area of IT consulting and there are no projects on the pipeline in that area you will be let go. Must hound account reps for job placements. Insurance benefits are minimal.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake sure that every entry level consultant has a competent advisor.
Don't allow practice leads to tell consultants guarantees when this may not be true. This gives a false sense of security when one could be looking for another job.

new HR team is useless

Consultant (Current Employee)
London, England (UK)

I have been working at Sogeti full-time for more than a year

Prosgood benefits, good brand, nice colleagues. excellent training courses

Consbad new HR team at sogeti UK, long bench time, need to pay back training fees if leave within a year after the training

Advice to Senior ManagementChange the HR team!

Good employer that takes good care of its employees.

Test Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at Sogeti full-time for more than 3 years

ProsLots of courses
Thorough basic training as a Young Professional
Good culture

ConsSalary lower than comparable position in other companies

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to retain experienced professionals by providing competitive package.

Horrible, have no idea why I stayed so long.

Senior Consultant (Former Employee)
Cincinnati, OH (US)

I worked at Sogeti full-time for more than 3 years

ProsFew decent colleagues that you can work with
Some clients are nice and understanding.

ConsLow pay and minimum raises.
Having managers who have no technical skills and do not know what you do.
Backstabbing for any sort of bonus.
No opportunity for advancement.
No support from management and no opportunity for training.
You are left to your own, sink or swim.

Advice to Senior ManagementFire yourselfs.
Fire your yes man.

Worked for Sogeti? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Sogeti reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for Sogeti CEO Luc-François Salvador. All 325 reviews are posted anonymously by Sogeti employees.