Softworld

Be The First To
Add Photos

Dave Teitelman

Good company

IT Support (Former Employee)
Winchester, VA (US)

I worked at Softworld as a contractor for more than a year

ProsThey are afraid to phrase folks for job well done or go out of there way to help individuals.

ConsNo comment at this time.

Advice to Senior ManagementTo contracting individuals who has shown great performance...they should be rewarded with a bonus...even pay them their holiday paid when their client does not cover it. Cause in the long run SoftWorld is making their investment for every month the individual works.
An if the individual supports a contract for a year they should get a decent rewarded for faithful service; even a two week vacation from a grateful employer.

Great

Technical Recruiter (Current Employee)
Waltham, MA (US)

I have been working at Softworld full-time for less than a year

ProsI enjoy the concept of work because of Softworld

ConsI hope to continue enjoying my work because of Softworld

Softworld was there when they needed me.

Senior Test Engineer (Former Employee)
Suburbia, Anne Arundel, MD (US)

I worked at Softworld full-time for less than a year

ProsSoftworld was very aggressive in finding me a job. They gave me good support in advance of my interview. Once I got the job, they kept in touch to make sure I was all right for the first few months.

ConsWhen the Government came out with the Sequestration, I made it through the first round of cuts. I lasted another 3 months before I was let go. I told my contact at Softworld with a month's notice, but did not receive any help or feedback.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't forget the people who got you where you are today. Keep in touch and help them out.

Great people, growing business

Technical Recruiter (Former Employee)
Waltham, MA (US)

I worked at Softworld full-time for more than a year

Pros-The people by far are the best reason to work at Softworld. Everyone is nice, smart, and always willing to help.
-Competitive base and commission plan that exceeds industry standards.
-Diverse set of clients from SMB to government contractors.
-Laptop, wireless headset, great software and infrastructure support with cutting-edge web-based ATS

Cons-The hours. Employees are strongly encouraged to work nights and weekends regularly, which is typical of the IT staffing industry in general though. Just know what you're getting into if you want to earn $$$
-The sales people could work better with recruiters to "fight" for their candidates and push back against clients to better qualify requirements rather than just "taking an order."
-Too many meetings and time spent on administrative work (e.g., formatting resumes to perfection).
-Lots of micromanagement, too much metrics tracking and unrealistic individual goals pushed by upper management.

Advice to Senior ManagementTrust your senior recruiters to get the job done and don't look over their shoulders every second.

Passive Account Managers

I have been working at Softworld

ProsGreat Staff that is very helpful and willing to assist you when called upon
Great compensation plan

ConsFeedback takes too long and the Sales Team is real passive
Top recruiters have been there between 8-10 years and they are only billing at $10/k
You end up trading time for money

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't be afraid to fire your clients if the process is taking too long or they have went dark on you!

Outstanding Place to Build a Career

I have been working at Softworld

ProsThe company invests in its people. They recently put in a state of the art ATS. There have been a number of new hires made in Recruiting and the talent level of the team is outstanding. They have a diverse client base with great relationships. The company also holds a Top Secret clearance and is able to do things in government staffing that most companies can't. There are plenty of reqs to work on and plenty of recruiters to fill them.

The compensation/commission package is outstanding.

ConsWith any growing company they will take risks on clients by investing recruiting time. Not really a "con", but with any growing company expectations are high and people are accountable for what they do.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you are doing. Keep investing. Protect your culture as you grow.

Great experience. Expectations were properly set.

Account Executive (Current Employee)
Fairfax, VA (US)

I have been working at Softworld

Pros- great company culture - you can go to SR management about anything.
- everybody is their to help you if you want/need it.
- you make your own schedule - no micro-managing whatsoever.

ConsThe hours will be long sometime

Left Hanging

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Softworld

ProsSoftworld placed me in one of the best roles I've ever worked. They offer decent pay rates, W2, Health and Dental.

ConsLack of communication when my initial recruiter left the organization. Made no effort to help me find another position after a very long contract (24+ months). Pretty much told me I was on my own and blamed it on the economy. Failed to follow through on some serious issues (potentially litigous) created by another consultant for Software, or even adrress them. Passed the buck alot.

Also failed to register my correct tax filing, which caused me to suffer IRS penalites. (Registered me as 1099 in my home state, instead of W2 as directed.)

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide an incentive to your recruiters for placing resources in additional contracts once the initial or current contract is completed.

A good recruiting firm with their act together

Software Engineer (Former Employee)

I worked at Softworld

ProsI worked with Softworld for three months and found them friendly, competant, and appreciative of my efforts for their client.

They paid for some of my parking, but not all.

They paid promptly and without issues, and invoicing was simple.

They took me to lunch after a few weeks.

ConsConsidering the glowing reviews I got from their client, I was a little surprised they didn't make much effort to find other work for me. I didn't hear about an opportunity for 6 months and yet I live near DC, which has hundreds of similar openings a month.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work and do more to find work for consultants who've done a great job for you.

Worked for Softworld? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Softworld reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for Softworld CEO Dave Teitelman. All 9 reviews are posted anonymously by Softworld employees.