Softworld

Updated 25 November, 2014
Updated 25 November, 2014
3.6

Dave Teitelman

A challenging work environment with support from the entire company ranging from CEO to peers

Current Employee - Senior Solutions Manager in Waltham, MA (US)
    Current Employee - Senior Solutions Manager in Waltham, MA (US)

I have been working at Softworld full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

We have grown from a small start up environment where we had to figure things out to now a fully established corporation with solid policies and procedures which ensures competitive advantage in a super competitive industry. Our ability to service our client's IT needs starts with our internal SLA's with our team of 30+ technical recruiters. Our sales team is seasoned with strong client relationships. Softworld's working environment is truly a team atmosphere where everyone is happy to help one another. With over 300 employees companywide, Softworld successfully competes with the top firms on a national basis, yet is still small and nimble in being able to get things done without red tape or obstacles. Softworld has been a great place to grow and be challenged for the past 16 years. I truly enjoy the job and the great people I get to work with.

Cons

I really can't think of any. Management is engaging and supportive with strong core values. Compensation and benefits are also very good.

Keep doing what you're doing. The short and long term vision and strategies are solid and sharing them with the team keeps the team motivated and working towards tangible goals.

Great Company

Current Employee - Lead Consultant in Providence, RI (US)
    Current Employee - Lead Consultant in Providence, RI (US)

I have been working at Softworld as a contractor (more than 10 years)

Pros

I've been contracting through Softworld for over 10 years. With recruiters and management that encourage personal growth, Softworld is a company that is as honest and professional as you can get. Their industry knowledge is top notch and their staff is a pleasure to work with. I would recommend them to anyone looking to augment their staff with the skilled resources that get the job done!

Cons

No cons to speak of

Keep up the good work!!!

Expectations were properly set.

Current Employee - UCS Level I in Dover, NH (US)
    Current Employee - UCS Level I in Dover, NH (US)

I have been working at Softworld full-time (more than an year)

Pros

They have a diverse client base with great relationships

Cons

Better benefits apply after 1 year.

Softworld lies

Current Employee - Consultant in Boston, MA (US)
    Current Employee - Consultant in Boston, MA (US)

I have been working at Softworld as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

None nothing Nada rien pas DE tout

Cons

They get you to quit your job, sign with them and then youre left without any income because use they lied about the non existent job.

Find a newplace to work because Softworld cannot continue to exist by continuing to lie to potential employees

Softworld Response

Nov 24, 2014Vice President, Operations

We take these matters very seriously. However, we have no record or recollection of any employee experience fitting your story and description, nor can we verify anything that proves you worked for ... More

Good company

Former Employee - IT Support in Winchester, VA (US)
    Former Employee - IT Support in Winchester, VA (US)

I worked at Softworld as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

They are afraid to phrase folks for job well done or go out of there way to help individuals.

Cons

No comment at this time.

To contracting individuals who has shown great performance...they should be rewarded with a bonus...even pay them their holiday paid when their client does not cover it. Cause in the long run SoftWorld is making their investment for every month the individual works.
    An if the individual supports a contract for a year they should get a decent rewarded for faithful service; even a two week vacation from a grateful employer.

Great

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Waltham, MA (US)
    Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Waltham, MA (US)

I have been working at Softworld full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I enjoy the concept of work because of Softworld

Cons

I hope to continue enjoying my work because of Softworld

Softworld was there when they needed me.

Former Employee - Senior Test Engineer in Suburbia, Anne Arundel, MD (US)
    Former Employee - Senior Test Engineer in Suburbia, Anne Arundel, MD (US)

I worked at Softworld full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Softworld was very aggressive in finding me a job. They gave me good support in advance of my interview. Once I got the job, they kept in touch to make sure I was all right for the first few months.

Cons

When the Government came out with the Sequestration, I made it through the first round of cuts. I lasted another 3 months before I was let go. I told my contact at Softworld with a month's notice, but did not receive any help or feedback.

Don't forget the people who got you where you are today. Keep in touch and help them out.

Great people, growing business

Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in Waltham, MA (US)
    Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in Waltham, MA (US)

I worked at Softworld full-time (more than an year)

Pros

-The people by far are the best reason to work at Softworld. Everyone is nice, smart, and always willing to help.
    -Competitive base and commission plan that exceeds industry standards.
    -Diverse set of clients from SMB to government contractors.
    -Laptop, wireless headset, great software and infrastructure support with cutting-edge web-based ATS

Cons

-The hours. Employees are strongly encouraged to work nights and weekends regularly, which is typical of the IT staffing industry in general though. Just know what you're getting into if you want to earn $$$
    -The sales people could work better with recruiters to "fight" for their candidates and push back against clients to better qualify requirements rather than just "taking an order."
    -Too many meetings and time spent on administrative work (e.g., formatting resumes to perfection).
    -Lots of micromanagement, too much metrics tracking and unrealistic individual goals pushed by upper management.

Trust your senior recruiters to get the job done and don't look over their shoulders every second.

Passive Account Managers

I have been working at Softworld

Pros

Great Staff that is very helpful and willing to assist you when called upon
    Great compensation plan

Cons

Feedback takes too long and the Sales Team is real passive
    Top recruiters have been there between 8-10 years and they are only billing at $10/k
    You end up trading time for money

Don't be afraid to fire your clients if the process is taking too long or they have went dark on you!

Outstanding Place to Build a Career

I have been working at Softworld

Pros

The company invests in its people. They recently put in a state of the art ATS. There have been a number of new hires made in Recruiting and the talent level of the team is outstanding. They have a diverse client base with great relationships. The company also holds a Top Secret clearance and is able to do things in government staffing that most companies can't. There are plenty of reqs to work on and plenty of recruiters to fill them.

The compensation/commission package is outstanding.

Cons

With any growing company they will take risks on clients by investing recruiting time. Not really a "con", but with any growing company expectations are high and people are accountable for what they do.

Keep doing what you are doing. Keep investing. Protect your culture as you grow.