Sitel Reviews

Updated 21 October, 2014
2.5

Sitel President & CEO Bert Quintana
Bert Quintana

Pros
  • There are no good reasons to work from home with Sitel (in 19 reviews)

• Learned a lot about customer service and the business (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Administration is very disorganized and actual call center work is more stressful than it needs to be (in 16 reviews)

• 9/hr for a customer service position; the same job with another company could earn you (in 7 reviews)

More Highlights

Boring

Current Employee - Technical Support Agent in Saint John, NB
    Current Employee - Technical Support Agent in Saint John, NB

I have been working at Sitel full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great Pay
    Awesome Referral bonus (250$)
    Opportunity for advancement
    Excellent Benefits

Cons

Days that drag on
    Dirty Environment
    Annoying Customers
    Lack of proper Training
    Terrible time off policy

More incentive is needed for employees who do well
    Attendance policy needs to be updated. People calling in sick should not be penalized the same as people who don't show up...
    Hire proper janitorial staff

Just don't

Former Employee - Call Center Representative in Niagara Falls, ON
    Former Employee - Call Center Representative in Niagara Falls, ON

I worked at Sitel full-time (less than an year)

Pros

There is nothing good to say about this abandoned K-Mart-turned-call-center. You're herded in like cattle and whipped until your After Call Work is below 30 seconds or they'll push you out, or make you sit in a special section.

Cons

Absolutely everything is terrible. Don't work there.

Typical Call Center Environment

Former Employee - Bilingual Technical Support in Saint Catharines, ON
    Former Employee - Bilingual Technical Support in Saint Catharines, ON

I worked at Sitel full-time (more than an year)

Pros

most people are ok if you are in a small team, good benefits, senior management friendly with employees, good values, casual dress code optional

Cons

too much Voluntary Departure Time offered to the employees means loosing some businesses, low pay rate means losing valuable employees, not so up-to-date with technology

upgrade your tools, make more small dynamic teams, keep up your micromanagement on their toes, get more clients

It was a great experience.

Former Employee - Risk Management in St. Catharines, ON
    Former Employee - Risk Management in St. Catharines, ON

I worked at Sitel full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Fun games to motivate, and always good advise. Also a university to educate yourself for management positions.

Cons

Sometimes a lot of QA pressure that can unnerve a person to preform poorly with the restrictions placed on them.

To not be telling people not to laugh sat customers when the customer makes one laugh and likes it.

Customer Service Representative

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Moncton, NB
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Moncton, NB

I have been working at Sitel full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Best place to work great people good environment good pay

Cons

Stressful no extra hours less support

They'll hire anyone

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in St. Catharines, ON
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in St. Catharines, ON

I have been working at Sitel full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Easy job to get with no experience, and it is full time hours. The calls are very easy and you can wear whatever you want to work.

Cons

Pays 10.75 an hour with no raises, even if you are promoted. The bonuses are rarely paid as promised, you usually get about half of what you earn.

Sitel St. Catharines: An awful place to work

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in St. Catharines, ON
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in St. Catharines, ON

I worked at Sitel part-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I enjoyed my peers. This has a 20 word minimum but there was nothing else I liked about the place.

Cons

There is a lot of micro managing, awful pay, shift bids every 90 days. They don't care about their employees, Operations and Team managers talk rudely about the reps behind their backs, and favoritism is huge there. I was employed there from 2006-2012. The new Operations team for the Cox campaign as of 2012 was the worst I've ever seen. They have no clue how to run the campaign and they don't care about their employees. I needed a flexible schedule because of my schooling, and this was never a problem until the new Operations team took over. All of a sudden I was no longer allowed to work part-time, I was forced to work full-time. I quit within a week.

You need to completely revamp your Operations team. Stop allowing them to promote their friends and actually promote people with decent education/people who know what they're talking about. Having managers in place who have never taken a phone call in their life is pointless and only makes for frustrated representatives, because the managers can't effectively answer their questions.

Customer Service Rep

Former Employee - Customer Services Representative in Saint Catharines, ON
    Former Employee - Customer Services Representative in Saint Catharines, ON

I worked at Sitel full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great training period, continuous for new products
    Support team was adequate while you were on the phones
    Feedback was provided for change that was needed of you on a regular basis
    Very positive atmosphere

Cons

Can be stressful if you need to meet a quota
    Health benefits take a while to process
    Not much flexibility for your personal schedule

Improve the benefits for employees who need and rely on them
    Improve schedule flexibility

The worst job I have ever worked in 30+ years

Current Employee - CSR-retention in St. Catharines, ON
    Current Employee - CSR-retention in St. Catharines, ON

I have been working at Sitel full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Absolutely no real redeeming quality to the job. Most coworkers are very nice but it feels more like we are friends through sharing a common trauma. We are all trapped. Nothing good about the atmosphere or work conditions.

Cons

Very poor training. We spent 4 weeks of "intensive training' and then were stuck out on phones with 2 support staff and no one even showed us how to log on to the phone. It is more like a high school than a work place. Floor support talk down to the csr's and leave you feeling afraid to ask for help.
    Very little incentive other than a free t shirt to improve. More likely thratened to be 'written up" than encouraged or supported. Middle management have very little job experise, since they were promoted through the ranks.
    There is no sense they care for their employees at all, as if they know we are here only because we cant be elsewhere. They put absolutely nothing beyond rhetoric into retaining staff. In 2-1/2 months I have taken 4 days (unpaid) off, anywhere else I have worked I missed 2 days a year.

Stop treating your staff like teenagers. Treat them as if you believe they care about their work, not as if they are lazy kids trying to cheat you out of your hard earned money. Only promote staff who demonstrate empathy, positivity and problem solving, not because their your buddy. Provide time through the day for the csr to debrief or at least take a breather from constant calls. Recognize the tedious nature of the work, the often negative, depressing nature of most csr work. Stop assuming we will perform better when you dangle a logoed t-shirt in front of our noses. Stop promoting the 'teacher's pet', the 'jock', the 'hot chick', and promote the supportive, knowlegeable caoch. Respect your staff, act like youu care for us as more than ear and mouthpiece. Worst place to work- it is the sweat shop of the 21st century, and plays to the most vulnerable of the workforce.

Challenging workplace with lots of opportunities for learning

Former Employee - Team Leader in Toronto, ON
    Former Employee - Team Leader in Toronto, ON

I worked at Sitel full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

As a business process outsourcing provider, Sitel facilitates employees exposure to a wide array of technology skills. Great work@home opportunities offers employees the convenience of working from home, resulting in savings for the employee and the company. Frequent training provided for skills upgrade.

Cons

Your achievements may go unrecognized due to inefficient communication at the middle-management level. Some workplace locations do not have free parking.

Sitel Photos

Friendly n Good Work place.
Outside