Shoppers Drug Mart

Be The First To
Add Photos

Shoppers Drug Mart President & CEO Domenic Pilla

Domenic Pilla

Pros:
  • "30% discount comes in handy especially if you have an expensive taste for cosmetics"
    in 24 reviews
  • "30% discount is great, but that's the only pro I can think of"
    in 9 reviews
Cons:
  • "Human Resources is unheard of - head office makes no attempt to enable employees to voice their concerns"
    in 13 reviews
  • "minimum wage, repetitive salses based job"
    in 9 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Exciting Career Opportunities. Young Dynamic Organization

Business Intelligence Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Shoppers Drug Mart full-time for more than 3 years

ProsExciting place to work. Caring organization with lots of oportunities for personal growth

ConsVery Challenging dynamic environment in constant flux.

Solid place for students to work, not much else

Merchandiser (Former Employee)
Markham, ON

I worked at Shoppers Drug Mart part-time for more than 8 years

ProsYou get to interact with a lot of people on a daily basis. From co-workers I've spoken with, management sounds like it is very hit-or-miss across stores. I was actually very pleased with my direct manager, and the store's associate.

ConsNot particularly valuable on your resume for technical experience. Any retail job seems to be good as the next. Scheduling time-off can be a big hassle if you work at a smaller store.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work.

Amazing

I have been working at Shoppers Drug Mart

ProsThe pay is adequate. The enviroment to work in is incredible.

Consnothing, this place is a great place to start

Great

Cosmetician (Current Employee)
Whitehorse, KW

I have been working at Shoppers Drug Mart part-time for less than a year

ProsGreat co-workers, learned a lot, got free makeup

ConsLong hours sometimes, hard to get time off

Advice to Senior ManagementGreat work

Good people, Good company

Sales (Current Employee)
Burnaby, BC

I have been working at Shoppers Drug Mart full-time for more than a year

ProsPart of Shoppers Drug Mart, benefits and employee discount

Conspoor compensation, still a new company so has some growing pains

Great place to work at

Customer Service (Former Employee)

I worked at Shoppers Drug Mart full-time for less than a year

ProsGreat environment, the people that worked with me were all very helping and motivating. I loved coming to work and was never depressed when Monday came. You get to learn a lot from your colleagues and you have to love to work with people.

Consone of the cons for me were the fact that it is always air conditioned in there and it gets really cold when you do an 8 hour shift. Also, it is very hard to stand on your feet for such a long shift.

Keeps employees motivate

Cashier Supervisor (Current Employee)
Mississauga, ON

I have been working at Shoppers Drug Mart part-time for more than a year

ProsFirst, the flexibility of the schedule is very good. Second,30percent discount for employees. Very well managed by the owner and Front store manager. The workplace becomes a relaxed environment because majority of the employees treat you like a family:) There are always contests on surveys and optimum sign ups which I often win and keeps me motivated!

ConsCompensation is on the low side

Advice to Senior ManagementGive a little bit more increase on the compensation especially if the employee has a satisfactory work ethics and professionalism.

Customer Service Representative

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Shoppers Drug Mart part-time

Pros-awesome team
-culture
-discount 30% off everything
-fast-paced
-pay is more than min. wage

Cons-cant get days off easily

Purchasing Assistant

Purchasing/Administrative/Banking (Current Employee)

I have been working at Shoppers Drug Mart full-time for more than 5 years

ProsOver ten years of administrative experience acquired the retail, banking, insurance and legal sectors resulting in the skills and attention to details required to function productively within highly regulated environments. Possess certificates in Banking Operations, Immigration Law, Office Administration, and Data Entry together with a Legal Assistant / Paralegal diploma together with training in areas such as Risk & Threats, Protecting Cardholder Data, Identity Theft and Social Engineering, Physical Security Controls. Experienced working in a dynamic banking environment where change is constant and demand for talent is high. Skilled in processing financial transactions pertaining to loans, credit, payroll, purchase orders and other related matters. Proven performance in maintaining a high degree of speed and accuracy together with keen attention to details while exercising prudence in dealing with sensitive information.

ConsAn excellent relationship builder and problem solver who is able to collaborate with both internal and external parties to earn their trust and achieve progressive results. Strong work ethic with the ability to juggle hectic schedules and deliver quality work performance.

Advice to Senior ManagementContributed to operational efficiency by performing a variety of administrative functions to assist purchasing processes; reported directly to the Senior Project Manager, Design & Construction

Front store Manager

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Shoppers Drug Mart

ProsHigh pay if you have a good owner. Bonuses are good if you achieve them. Salaried employee has its benefits.

ConsTerrible work life balance work long hours and stat holidays. District managers push the envelope all the time. Pay is based on location and sales

Advice to Senior ManagementMake assistant managers salaried employees

Worked for Shoppers Drug Mart? Contribute to the Community!

Shoppers Drug Mart Videos

Shoppers Drug Mart – Why Work for Us?

​​​Shoppers Drug Mart is a Canadian success story, created by smart, action-oriented and caring people in our organization who recognize needs, innovate services and focus on what’s important. And right now, our… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Shoppers Drug Mart reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for Shoppers Drug Mart CEO Domenic Pilla. All 269 reviews are posted anonymously by Shoppers Drug Mart employees.