Sheetz

Sheetz Reviews

Updated Jul 30, 2014

Sheetz President and CEO Stan Sheetz

Stan Sheetz

Pros
  • Good pay for the area, benefits are decent (in 25 reviews)

• The pay and benefits are decent for a convenience gas station (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • Lots of hours, can be stressful, open 24/7 including holiday (in 11 reviews)

• open 24/7/365, mean working weird shifts sometimes (in 9 reviews)

More Highlights

Good college job

Cashier (Former Employee) Keyser, WV (US)

ProsFlexible hours, friendly co-workers, fair wage for the job. Leadership varies from store to store

ConsWorking with people can always be a challenge. It has its moments.

GREAT PLACE TO WORK.

Sheetz Salesperson (Current Employee) Goldsboro, NC (US)

ProsI love that we get paid breaks and that the pay is good too! I've met Adam SHEETZ recently he was sooo nice and down to earth! Best job I have had to date. Looking forward to helping the company reach its goals.

ConsWorkload could be a little much but it keeps you busy and that's never a bad thing. There are some personality clashes. Sometimes Co workers like to compete instead of work as a team but you probably find that anywhere you work.

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Sales Associate

Sales Associate (Former Employee) Richmond, VA (US)

ProsPay, bonuses, benefits, good hours

Conshard to move up, very strict rules and regulations, stressfull

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great Culture and Work Environment!

Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) Greensboro, NC (US)

ProsSheetz goes out of their way to hire positive, fun employees and the management is great! It's the first job I've had where everyone's voice is truly heard. I had a chance to meet and speak with multiple members of the Sheetz family even as just a shift supervisor. They are really in touch with their company, and they really, really care about the employees.

ConsWork load and expectations are outrageous.

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter training would be great, but otherwise great job!

Never boring!

Salesperson (Current Employee) Wheeling, WV (US)

ProsThis is one of the few places I have worked where they say their focus is on the customer and they mean it! Working at Sheetz, I have never found myself in the position of having to choose between doing right by the customer and following company policy.
         The management is responsive to your needs for specific days off and can usually work your schedule around them, given reasonable notice. The work is fast paced, but not physically demanding. There are a lot of varied tasks, so it doesn't get boring.
         Training is via a program called Z-Force, a computer delivered, interactive system that gives you an overview and detailed instruction for the tasks that you will be working on with an experienced staff member. The combination of instruction followed by hands on practice is especially useful for making sure everyone is following the same procedures. It also makes you feel more confident when tackling the job for the first time.
         The management is very helpful and supportive. Pay is higher than usual for this type of job and increments happen automatically on your anniversary date. Benefits are generous and are available to full timers (32 hrs) at 3 months. This company also offers benefits to part timers (20 hours) after 2 years of service. Another plus is that this company offers paid vacation time to all employees after their first year; the amount being based on your average weekly hours.

ConsEvery workforce has personality clashes. The management at my store does everything possible to keep them to a minimum, without making anyone feel pressured. The only thing I can identify as a negative would be the schedule. When a store is open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, somebody is going to have to work a holiday or an awkward shift or two. That is the downside of working retail.

Great Company to Work for!

Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) Mechanicsburg, PA (US)

ProsSheetz is a great company to work for with a great culture and plenty of career advancement opportunities.

ConsWhen you are a member of salary management at times you put way to many hours in. The five days of work most my time is spent at my store. Also, the bonus needs to be allocated differently Assistants only get ten percent of what the Store manager makes but yet some Assistants do most the work while the Stroe manager just "oversees" the operation.

Advice to Senior ManagementChange the allocation of the Bonus between Assistant Manager and Store Manager.

good pay, but...

Salesperson (Current Employee) Winston-Salem, NC (US)

Prospay and benefits are decent

ConsA lot more to get done working 3rd shift and less employees.. First shift gets all of the hours even with second shift being the busiest.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou keep mentioning "total customer focus", and "hospitality", yet don't want to spend the extra money for more employees per shift for us to fully be able to give this to customers.

Decent pay. Horrible boss

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsOKAY job if you're in college and looking for something part time. They pay well for part time. This job can literally suck so much at times, but it is motivation to finish school :). Employee for 4+ years.

ConsNone of the coworkers have any life goals. I was looked down on for going to school and bettering myself. I heard multiple times throughout my college career, from management and workers alike that I was wasting my time going to school. They told me that I'd never find a job and blah blah blah. Funny now that I have a salary job that I love doing and they're stuck making MTO's. Be aware that before you take a job like this that the coworkers have little to no ambition and do not respond well to others success. (This may have been an isolated issue to my Sheetz)

Advice to Senior ManagementLeave your personal problems at home. Just because you had a bad day, there is absolutely no justifiable reason to take it out on your employees. I worked here for over 4 years and I've never been more happy quitting. I am finally happy again. The negative atmosphere is not a place that breeds success.

Message to upper management: You claim Sheetz is a family company, yet you take employees away from their families on EVERY holiday so you can make more money. Also, you do not work holidays.... Hmmm, HYPOCRITICAL.

Best company to work for, hands down!

Sales Associate (Former Employee) Bellwood, PA (US)

ProsSheetz goes above and beyond to make sure customers have a great experience, so they teach their employees the importance of extraordinary customer service. They also have a great reward system so hard workers and dedicated employees are recognized for their work.

ConsFast-paced environment so if you have a hard time keeping up, it's probably not for you. Always introducing new ideas and food items.

lots of work

ProsGood pay and it was very relaxed.

ConsMinimum pay, lots of hours.

Worked for Sheetz? Contribute to the Community!