Schneider Reviews

Updated 9 September, 2014
2.9

Schneider President and CEO Chris Lofgren
Chris Lofgren

Pros
  • Starting pay & benefits are good (in 13 reviews)

• Some good people have stayed and have not left yet (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • big and some times you can be lost in the mass of people, as you move up work/life balance takes a hit (in 11 reviews)

• The vast majority of opportunities lead to Green Bay (in 8 reviews)

More Highlights

Account Manager (logistics) Chicago, IL

Former Employee - Inside Sales Account Executive  in  Chicago, IL (US)
    Former Employee - Inside Sales Account Executive in Chicago, IL (US)

I worked at Schneider full-time for more than a year

Pros

Excellent, fast paced work environment. Great people with helpful managers that can put you on a path to making good money in a time when great jobs are at a premium. Fair salary, fair commission structure. You need to know, going into a sales job with cold calling requires a large amount of work, motivation and being able to multitask while staying organized.

Cons

Lots of cold calling, but that is to be expected in a job such as this.

Be as helpful as possible and work to customize your approaches when training/working with sales associates. Better phone training skills are a must.

I have had a very good experience working for Schneider.

Current Employee - Rating and Resolution Specialist  in  Green Bay, WI (US)
    Current Employee - Rating and Resolution Specialist in Green Bay, WI (US)

I have been working at Schneider full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

My supervisors are supportive and helpful. I feel like I work hard and that my work is appreciated. It can be stressful but any worthwhile job is.

Cons

I am not thrilled with the changing of the insurance policy. I like having insurance but I found the contributions to our HSA helpful and they are no longer doing that.

I wish the cafeteria had more healthful food. It is all very processed and does not provide energy for working. I think it would be easy to have more choices that are nutritious and taste good.

Good job for young graduates

Current Employee - Sales Account Executive
    Current Employee - Sales Account Executive

I have been working at Schneider full-time for more than a year

Pros

The people are supportive, fun and challenge you to work your hardest. They organize many events to get you out and socializing with your co workers and they are normally really fun.

Cons

Starting at the bottom rung of the corporate ladder in the sales role you are expecting to work longer than 8 hours a day to meet your metrics.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Not worth staying long term

Current Employee - Driver
    Current Employee - Driver

I have been working at Schneider full-time for less than a year

Pros

The office associate's are former drivers so they have an idea how it is out there

Cons

Let's see here, the slip seating, the threat of them taking your safety bonus, trying to maintain 60 mph when the truck can go faster, I can go on for ever

Let the drivers do what they were hired for, stop worrying about the small stuff

Don't believe intermodal recruiting advertised pay!!!!

Current Employee - Inter-modal Driver  in  Los Angeles, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Inter-modal Driver in Los Angeles, CA (US)

I have been working at Schneider full-time for less than a year

Pros

They are very flexible on hours and shifts, open 24/7. People seem real nice and easy to work with. My dbl is great and takes care of everything I need.

Cons

They are currently advertising for the intermodal division to make "upto 60k a year" when I came on a few months ago it was "Make up to 53.5k a year". So far I don't see how you can make upto either of those numbers. First I don't see the per load pay or cents per mile working out nor do I see the number of stops available in a day or night due to traffic or time constraints making it possible to reach those numbers.

Tell your recruiters to stop with these lofty ads and be a lil more honest with the pay.

Ridiculous!!

Current Employee - Order Filler( Warehouse)
    Current Employee - Order Filler( Warehouse)

I have been working at Schneider full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Pay, benefits, retirement. Good medical and dental.

Cons

Management is quite incompetent as they cannot plan properly to deal with problems that are in the near future. Also, the demands the company puts on warehouse workers are unreasonable. Expect their workers to perform like machines, 100% perfection, hitting unrealistic quotas on a daily basis without proper support from management and other departments. Lots of favoritism, though management does not want you to believe it, even though its quite apparent. Time off is mostly non-existent. They expect you to work your regular 5 day, 8 hour schedule, plus additional overtime everyday, and also including a sixth overtime day of work which is actually supposed to be your scheduled day off. The only way you can get that day off is to use either vacation, sick, or FMLA time. Otherwise you get written up which counts toward your getting fired. Management shows little concern for works physical and mental well being; they preach safety first, but stress productivity more than anything else. They show they care more about numbers than human beings.

Show more concern for your workers. Without them you will have nothing! Give them the tools and the room they need to really get the job done. Put yourself in their shoes; actually get out there off your a%^$^$ and see for yourself what the problem is instead of assuming you have all the answers. Stop basing all your knowledge on numbers printed on a sheet, and your preconceived notion that ALL your employees are just a bunch of dishonest, lazy bums. Stop putting money before principles and morals. Otherwise your company WILL NOT survive.

Great opportunity, if you handle the stress.

I have been working at Schneider

Pros

By and large, really good people who work very hard in a difficult industry. There is opportunity, but you need to be a hustler and willing to live in Green Bay.

Cons

The industry is really struggling and will go through some significant changes in the near future if it is to stay relevant. Driver force can be a real challenge at times.

Get out in the field and get some real perspective! The company is becoming very "inbred" with top-down descision making. Your people have the solutions. Listen to them.

Truck Driver

Former Employee - Truck Driver  in  Urbandale, IA (US)
    Former Employee - Truck Driver in Urbandale, IA (US)

I worked at Schneider full-time for less than a year

Pros

Working with dbls was easy and efficient. they were also friendly. they always knew it was important to have time off.

Cons

Time off was very scarce due to my time of year working there. pay was also low and it always feels like youre just a number.

raise pay for lower paid drivers at least every 3 months. Benfits can be better.

Great starting point

I have been working at Schneider full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Benefits are sronger than most in the same field.

Cons

Work load increase by tehe hourand management only looks out for each other.

Provide all tools needed to suceed, stop trying to run everything with numbers.

It was a good company for a guy just getting started in trucking.

Current Employee - OTR Truck Driver  in  Edwardsville, IL (US)
    Current Employee - OTR Truck Driver in Edwardsville, IL (US)

I have been working at Schneider full-time for more than a year

Pros

Schneider's training is excellent, with a heavy emphasis on safety. Their equipment and facilities are pretty good, with numerous centers across the country where you can fuel, eat, shower etc.

Cons

When there is downtime waiting for a load their detention pay is minimal. As a non-smoker I've received some disgusting, smelly trucks that I had to make a major fuss to get switched out of.

Better detention pay and non-smokers should get non-smoked in trucks.

Worked for Schneider? Contribute to the Community!