San Francisco AIDS Foundation

www.sfaf.org

San Francisco AIDS Foundation Reviews

Updated May 09, 2014
San Francisco AIDS Foundation – San Francisco – “1035 Market St - SFAF”

San Francisco AIDS Foundation CEO Neil Giuliano

Neil Giuliano

Good place to work.

Social Worker (Former Employee) San Francisco, CA (US)

ProsGreat starting salary. Great line staff to work with. Agency has honorable mission statement.

ConsLine staff has not had a raise in at least seven years while the board granted the CEO a $40, 000 increase plus bonus.

Advice to Senior ManagementShow appreciation for line staff with at least a cost of living increase. Loyalty needs to be rewarded. Line staff fulfill the contracts.

Amazing place to work!

Event Coordinator (Former Employee) San Francisco, CA (US)

ProsHard working and proactive team.

ConsHigh turnover at lower level.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the great work!

One of the best places I have ever worked. Committed, caring, smart staff and leadership.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsYou'll work with the best of the best at an agency that is doing much in the fight against HIV/AIDS.

ConsWork / Life balance is hard.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

SFAF is a good place to work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood, hard-working staff who are efficient and focused on maximum impact on community in terms of organizational mission.

ConsA larger nonprofit organization can sometimes have challenges of keeping staff feeling connected to leadership.

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

This is a great place to work if you want to help people and make a living

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe best thing about SFAF is their staff. They are unique, quirky, intelligent and easy-going. Really never met someone I didn't like when I worked there. Good pay, hours usually flexible, and my boss(s) have always been nice-reasonable.

ConsNone really to speak of. There is an ungodly amount of emails you are expected to read, but that's really not a big deal. Altogether it's a great place to work. The location does bare mentioning, this place is in the hood, which for me is no problem, but 6th street can get a bit sketchy at night.

Advice to Senior ManagementI know it's a huge non-profit but some more contact with the executives would be nice

Good Coworkers but Board likes to squeeze

Software Developer, Business Applications (Former Employee) San Francisco, CA (US)

ProsExcellent working atmosphere, people really care about what they're doing and pay is decent for a non-profit.

ConsHQ in an unpleasant part of the City but the area is due to improve. Unfortunately, then, the main body of clients (not who you think) will be moving to another rundown area and SFAF will probably follow them there.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou really do need IT and you need more than to keep the lights on. Instead of allocating the bare minimum, you can improve ability to comply with City and State contracts by investing in adequate IT structure and staff.

Worked for San Francisco AIDS Foundation? Contribute to the Community!