Safilo

Be The First To
Add Photos

Roberto Vedovotto

For Sales Reps-Brands determine income

Sales Representative (Former Employee)

ProsVery little BS. Very autonomous workplace.

ConsIf company drops/loses lines, your income suffers; You are in direct competition with your workmates; other companies in industry provide better compensation plans

Advice to Senior ManagementThe Italian corporate owner needs to assess what it gives the US partner--Sales managers are poorly paid and must work a territory to make any money. This means the rep in that territory loses out on the accounts the manager keeps for himself. If you are a rep with unpopular name brands, your compensation is below minimum wage after paying your own expenses.

Short and not so sweet

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat opportunities to learn the Eyewear business from A-Z and on a global scale. Good packages.

ConsAt that time the culture was extremely "Northern Italian" and male-dominated. Short-term focus on results due to pressure on the numbers / share price. Believe this may be changing under new CEO.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to the front line more - sometimes they may be right! Be more inclusive and promote more female executives to balance the "macho culture"

Eyewear company

Prosinternational company with high potential

Consa strong italian mentality is still in the company

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Sales Rep for Safilo for 5 years

Sales Representative (Former Employee) Samara, Samarskaya Oblast' (Russia)

ProsGreat brands, good logistics, great market opportunities

ConsNot enough trade marketing support

Advice to Senior ManagementNo advice

Getting harder to make a living in this Industry

Territory Sales Representative (Current Employee)

ProsFreedom As an Independent Contractor, you have the freedom to make your own schedule. As long as you are out there working and making your numbers, they are not on your back-in my experience. It is a strong optical company with a great reputation in the industry and excellent products.

ConsYou are an Independent Contractor. There are absolutely no benefits. You pay your own taxes/retirement. And the big one, is the car and gas expenses. There is a lot of driving in most territories.

Advice to Senior ManagementI have always liked the management team that I have been involved with.

n stock

Stock Controller (Current Employee) Johannesburg (South Africa)

ProsVery good environment to work in, great people, and good working hours.

ConsI don't have any cons yet.

Advice to Senior Managementkeep it up

International mentality and orientation career wise , mostly meritocratic (but still an Italian company so exceptions..)

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Padova (Italy)

ProsOk benefits/ specialized in luxury segment/ international orientation and career prospects/ differentiated sales channels and segments/ overall business culture pleasant and family-like

ConsLong hours/ low pay/ too many management layers/ already at middle management way too much time eaten up by endless meetings and too little contact with clients

Advice to Senior ManagementProduct coordination needs to understand reality of market more (too much design-focused) and so dialogue with commercial side / sales force is necessary (seems not to exist at the moment)

Demanding

(Current Employee)

ProsMost employees on the team are very polite and respectful. International and luxury brand experience is a win. Premier eyewear company with loyal employee base.

ConsExtremely demanding and disorganized company. Somewhat dated in systems, technology and flow between departments. Does not promote from within. Dead end!

Advice to Senior ManagementBe bold, share your vision and look to your employees at all levels as stakeholders. Communicate with your employees and involve them, don't just talk at them. They bring tremendous value to the table. US relationship with Italy is somewhat broken.

Good for beginning career

Marketing Assistant (Current Employee)

ProsInternational company w
    Leader in its field

ConsLimited career advancement can demotivate employees

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest on internal employees

Nice place to work.

Graphic Designer (Current Employee) Parsippany, NJ (US)

ProsFlexible, competitive pay, nice benefits, friendly atmosphere, not too stressful, accommodating.

ConsAs a graphic designer, you will learn very little. No upward mobility, the job is boring, mostly production work. Not creative.

Advice to Senior ManagementI liked the management, and other employees. The people there seem very nice at all levels.

Worked for Safilo? Contribute to the Community!