SYKES

www.sykes.com

Call center

I have been working at SYKES

Pros

Great people and pay considering

Cons

Call center. Loud. Sale driven

Feb 21, 2015Sr. Manager TA Marketing & Sourcing

Thank you for your feedback.

Treats their agents worse than inmates. I was corporate so they at least treated me as human.

Former Employee - Systems Administrator in Milton-Freewater, OR (US)
    Former Employee - Systems Administrator in Milton-Freewater, OR (US)

I worked at SYKES full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Offer multiple choices for health insurance.

Cons

The nicer health insurance options cost $600+ a month to cover your family.

Give employees a reason to invest themselves in a company for other reasons than just a paycheck. I felt like a very replaceable minor cog in that dirty machine. They would rather just replace the squeaky wheel than oil it. I worked there for a year and a half, and I NEVER once saw my manager's face. It was like I was one of Charlie's Angels...

Company is ok, but pay is not great not benefit s

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Miami, FL (US)
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Miami, FL (US)

I worked at SYKES

Pros

Team leader was great. Company is well established.

Cons

A few tech problems, and the pay is not great.

Pay raise

Call agent

Current Employee - Call Center Representative in Sumter, SC (US)
    Current Employee - Call Center Representative in Sumter, SC (US)

I have been working at SYKES

Pros

The coworkers are the best thing the management are the worst.

Cons

The managers and the company

More pay for the work

Feb 21, 2015Sr. Manager TA Marketing & Sourcing

I'm sorry to hear that. We appreciate all feedback and will do our best to continue to build on our coaching culture.

Customer Service Representative

I worked at SYKES full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Low gas cost. Taking naps on breaks. Flexible Schedule.

Cons

Minimum wage, little to no benefits. Barely any paid time off. Not having the opportunity to work 40 hour work weeks

If you want to see better revenue and more contracts, treat your employees above the at home industry standard.

Only if you are desperate for experience, or extra money.

Former Employee - Tech Support in Denver, CO (US)
    Former Employee - Tech Support in Denver, CO (US)

I worked at SYKES full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I appreciate the technical experience that I gained from the.
    Sykes is a legitimate company. They will not steal your identity, or clean out your bank account.

Cons

The wages are low. This is advertised on the site. However, you will work very hard for those low wages.

The hours are long. When signing up for Sykes, they ask you to pick a ten hour window of availability. They promise that you will not have to work ten hours, but will only work 8 hours at a time. This is far from true.

The breaks are "iffy". You are promised two 10 minute breaks and one 30 minute break. However, if the phones are busy, then these breaks are revoked. They will say that the client needs all hands on deck. Believe me. Answering phones, resolving tech issues, and notating the calls for ten hours is a lot harder than it sounds.

Sykes is inconsiderate of your days off. Team meetings are mandatory. However, you have to attend during your time off.You will not have a work life balance here.

Missing Payments. This did not happen to me personally, but there was a mass email about missing time on checks. This is definitely something to consider if you are planning to sign on with Sykes.

They were dishonest about their potential. There was a lot of talk and promises about how Sykes is a great place to grow professionally. They assigned a life coach, promised that our project would last for six months, and then promised that everyone would have a place at Sykes after the assignment ended. This was completely false. At the beginning of production, we heard rumors that our project was being ramped down (it was coming to an end). This turned out to be very true. Sykes finally got around to addressing this issue a few days before it happened.
         Not only did they drag their feet about informing us, but they did not have enough spaces available for everyone. We were supposed to be on the project until June 2015. It ended in February 2015-one month after we went into production.

Please show that you care about your employees. If you are going to have people work ten hour days, then you should compensate them for that. I also feel that training should be longer. There were situations that we were not prepared for. Finally, I feel that you should be more up front about the company that you are. Sykes is a company where people can work for a couple of months for a few extra dollars. Please stop selling yourself as a great place to work and grow professionally. That is not what Sykes is.

Used to be a Great Company

I have been working at SYKES

Pros

Working from home is the best part

Cons

I have not received a pay raise since 2009.

The leadership, for all it's talk of 'People First', doesn't listen or respond to it's employees--we are all consistently told that we are replaceable and our input is most definitely not valued or considered.

When I first joined the company, then known as Alpine Access, it was a wonderful experience. Everyone I worked for and with looked forward to coming to work and there was a true team atmosphere as we all worked together to meet our goals. Now the emphasis is strictly on profitability and leadership is stretched so thin that the 'family' atmosphere has completely gone. We are told that the culture is 'People First' however when a directive comes down from above, there is no discussion or input allowed by those of us who will actually be implementing the change. Ludicrous ideas are suddenly mandated by those in leadership positions (who've never even taken a call for example!), and we are required to get on board with every idea, even though the ideas can be damaging to not only our processes, but also to our careers and even to our company's reputation. A VP gets a 'great idea' and suddenly it's mandatory, with little or no thought to the consequences for those who are impacted. This is most definitely NOT a 'People First' company, but a 'My way or the highway' culture.

Company does not set the agents up for success very well.

Current Employee - Call Center Agent in Lakeland, FL (US)
    Current Employee - Call Center Agent in Lakeland, FL (US)

I have been working at SYKES

Pros

I learned quite a bit regarding medicare advantage programs.

Cons

Training needs to be more detailed to set the agents up for success instead of throwing them out to the floor with minimal information.

Consistency in the TMs and floor support so that when agents ask for assistance the information provided is accurate.

Feb 21, 2015Sr. Manager TA Marketing & Sourcing

Thank you for your feedbakc. We appreciate your ongoing employment and look for ways to continously improve.

Great Place to Work

I have been working at SYKES

Pros

Career Path and Commitment to Employees

Cons

Long hours can be stressfu;l

Higher Learning

I have been working at SYKES

Pros

Great Place to develop your career

Cons

You will feel in love with the company