SYKES

SYKES Reviews

Updated Jul 29, 2014

SYKES President, CEO, and Director Chuck Sykes

Chuck Sykes

Pros
  • Work from home opportunity that allows some flexibility (in 19 reviews)

• great benefits, gives consideration to undergraduates,good BPO company for starters, good working environment (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • It's a fairly typical call center: a lot of people have bad attitudes and the supervisors are masochistic (in 11 reviews)

• Team managers are selected due to their stats, very poor management (in 8 reviews)

More Highlights

Customer Service Jobs

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) Peterborough, ON

ProsGreat people to work with! Supervisors friendly and they do their best to accommodate your needs.

ConsLike any other job, it gets quite stressful at times, when dealing with customers. In terms of taking vacation days you need to work at least 6 months before getting them. This makes it hard to go home for xmas to see family. Some times your shift changes in less than 24 hours and your not notified.

Advice to Senior ManagementGenerally speaking, you're doing great. Only thing is when it comes to dealing with customer, the realist way to deal with them vs what we are trained gets confusing. When it comes to appreciating and trying to resolve, we were not trained that our soft skills may not work at times. Therefore please reassess your training for wireless providers call centre to assure new trainees that reasoning and warning angry customers is ok and being stern when your soft skills don't work is ok as well. Personally speaking, it was my first call centre experience and it was rough the first couple of months.

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Too much stress for too little money.

At Home Customer Service Representative (Current Employee)

ProsSchedule is a set one which is nice.

ConsThe wages are a joke for what we have to put up with. Too stressful for minimum wage. Too much abuse from customers and the expectation that every customer will be happy after talking to us is unrealistic.

Advice to Senior ManagementIncrease the wages so people will want to stay. The schedule is not bad. Stop being unrealistic in expectations of how we can resolve 100% of customer concerns.

absolutely hell

Customer Service (Current Employee) Sydney, NS

Prosthe other people , who are your co-workers, are going through the same things

Consalways on your back about something, extremely micromanaged, they tell you anything good.. about what you are doing.. just yelling up and down the halls like a madwoman

Advice to Senior Managementget some that are qualified, more than 40 % of the agents out on stress leave.. what does that tell you

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Sykes sucks at being a progressive company

Anonymous (Current Employee)

ProsOnly pro is benefits plan but that doesn't help with day to day living

ConsNo wage increases. No monetary bonuses just stupid contests. In a year there I have won a pen

Advice to Senior ManagementChange management. They all have their heads stuck down in the sand. Ask them anything you don't get an answer and they don't even have courtesy to even try to get one

It's a joke

Call Center Agent (Current Employee) Sherbrooke, QC

ProsThe pay is not THAT bad and coworkers are really nice. Thats all. Really.

ConsStressful, customers are abusive, change of queue non-stop with a day of calls back to back then the day after nearly nothing, the blind leading the blind *Really, the supervisors are terrible*

Advice to Senior ManagementMake sure the supervisors are people who have worked in the departement for more than one week... I don't care if they can small talk and calm the employe, if they cannot help with the system and know nothing about what is the job on the floor, they are worth nothing.

Bad memories

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) London, ON

ProsGood for unexperienced or unemployed, easy to get a job.

ConsVery stressful and demanding job.

Not a great experience

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) London, ON

ProsThe job in question was initially a very low stress job, dealing with basic inquiries from customers.

ConsNo permanant long term schedules as every week you could be working different hours and have different days off rather than have the same shift for a few weeks at a time. Busy hours were under staffed, off hours were over staffed

Advice to Senior ManagementHave the schedules that a person has the same shift for a month at a time

EXCELLENT!

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) London, ON

ProsCompany profit sharing, decent pay for the job, company picnics & Christmas Parties as well as monthly incentives. There is so much support for you as an employee & they respect you as a person! THIS IS NOT A SALES CALL CENTRE! Everyone is like family! I have worked here for 11 years and have loved each & every moment of my time with them!

ConsNone at this moment :)

Advice to Senior ManagementWorker harder at getting good paying contracts! We need to focus on customer service & less on ASA, AHT etc.

Meh

ProsIt's not rocket science
    Health benefits are decent

Conswork/life balance blows- you'll have no life
    pay sucks
    BOORRRIIINNNGGGGGG

Advice to Senior ManagementStop shoving surveys down our throats unless you actually intend to implement the changes

Poorly run - management constantly over your back - unattainable metrics - In one word: NIGHTMARE.

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) Sydney, NS

ProsSome co-workers made the day bearable.

ConsWhere to begin? GROSSLY mismanaged, favoritism, favoritism, favoritism.
    Weekly metrics structured so it was impossible to meet goal in all areas.
    Benefits too expensive based on wage.

Advice to Senior ManagementHave a corporate headhunter sit in on operations for 30 days so in fairness to the employees and the good of the center in general you will have the opportunity to either be (a) retrained and have the opportunity to upgrade your credentials or (b) walked out the door entirely.

Worked for SYKES? Contribute to the Community!