SYKES

SYKES Reviews

Updated Jul 24, 2014

SYKES President, CEO, and Director Chuck Sykes

Chuck Sykes

Pros
  • Work from home opportunity that allows some flexibility(in 19 reviews)

• great benefits, gives consideration to undergraduates,good BPO company for starters, good working environment(in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • It's a fairly typical call center: a lot of people have bad attitudes and the supervisors are masochistic(in 11 reviews)

• Team managers are selected due to their stats, very poor management(in 8 reviews)

i'm a freshman so i have to gather more experience

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) Cluj-Napoca (Romania)

Prosgood team members, flexible working plan, avarege salary, moderate working,

Conshard to make a carier, not so much opportunity to learn, after a littel time it becomes borring

Advice to Senior Managementhelp the employes to gather more experience and to evolve in a faster rate

Sykes the company that doesn't give a shiet...

Hp Commercial Printer Technician (Current Employee) Ed, Västra Götaland (Sweden)

ProsEasy to get a job.

that's all the pro's i can find.

ConsThe training i got was almost non existent.
    Supervisors are never there to help and they are clueless
    you are being treated as a joke, no one takes you serious.

Advice to Senior ManagementStart treating your employee's better maybe they will stay longer then the contract demands.

When you promote employee's make sure they have some brain at least,

If you are promoting the job by telling all the awesome stuff you can do in you break like pool, PlayStation, darts, then it should at least work... the pool table defies the laws of physics and pool cues are held together by duct-tape, the playstation are missing a controller, the darts have no tips.

fire all of your IT department they are doing nothing and are so stuck up without having any reason to be that, can't even get a new RJ45 cable cuz apparently there are none available....

Terrible

CSR (Current Employee) Malvern, AR (US)

ProsIncentives for sales. If you sell, you get paid, if not, don't work here.

ConsUpper Management, organization, favoritism, salary, training, equipment, location, security, call flow, indecisiveness, must I go on?

Advice to Senior ManagementTrain your management better, a faulty leader is what leads to a faulty staff, which is why I wouldn't suggest working here at all. Treat employees better instead of acting as if they could be replaced at all times, maybe then your attrition rate would lower. Learn to give yearly raises like most other companies. You work here 6 months, get a raise, then three years later still at that same pay you were at at the 6 month mark. If you want a career, don't work here.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

slave wages

CSP (Current Employee) Denver, CO (US)

Prosworking from home does save some money

Consindifferent management and high turnover

Advice to Senior Managementraise salaries

DO NOT PUT YOURSELF THROUGH THIS EXPERIENCE

Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) Lakeland, FL (US)

ProsNot much to say here. This company is a joke and a rip off to AT&T. The only pro I can thing of is it's a job but you're better off working at a fast food restaurant.

ConsAT&T must have a ton of money to throw away. If I were in corporate with AT&T I would wonder why I am paying Sykes $20,000 per employee. It's more that obvious that Sykes takes advantage of this agreement with it's extremely poor training and laughable management. This company has a revolving door when it comes to it's employees. Hired one day simply because they passed the mirror test (if the mirror fogs up you're breathing and hired) then fired after training because they don't have a clue as to what they are doing. How does this make sense to anyone with a brain?

Advice to Senior ManagementTake a good hard look at your training. Hire trainers that know how to spell and speak proper English.

The people you work with are your only incentive.

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) Lakeland, FL (US)

ProsSteady paycheck, competition, flexible shifts

ConsOutdated equipment, unfriendly front office, disgusting bathrooms, no appreciation

Advice to Senior ManagementMy advice is to spend a week as a CSR or Team Manager to really understand your employees. You have no idea.

Leadership

Technical Trainer (Current Employee) Fayetteville, NC (US)

ProsOpportunities, friendly environment, good location

ConsMiscommunication, contradicted policies, organization and schedules

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunication is one of the important keys for success.

Positive, but not paid enough.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Tampa, FL (US)

ProsFlexible work environment. Exceptional leadership.

ConsThe pay isn't commensurate with the job requirements.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet rid of the salary caps, promote faster, reward success and punish failure.

stressed and overstressed

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) Lakeland, FL (US)

ProsA paycheck every two weeks is honestly about it. Fellow co-workers were great too.

ConsPoor management on site (most direct Team Managers were OK depending on who you had). Too much focus on stats and goals - to the point where even as a top agent well above stat goals I was getting hounded and stressed. Constant threat of being terminated. It got to the point that the threat was a big whatever because you began hoping they would term you. Changes darn near daily so it was next to impossible to keep all details correct. They promise ample opportunity to move into other positions - but if you don't know people higher up you are screwed and expect to be on that phone till the day you are fired or quit.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop promising promotions to good agents and never doing it. Try and gain some consistency - it makes it easier for the employees (and hell, it makes them happier too!).

Nightmare. The worst mistake I ever did was taking a job at this company

Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) Lakeland, FL (US)

ProsBi Weekly Pay. Sorry to report this is the only Pro, I can think of.

ConsPay Checks are often shorted and bonus monies promised are never paid. Very few reps get 40 hours, many are given as little as 8 per week.

Advice to Senior ManagementClean House. A fresh start is always a good thing.

Worked for SYKES? Contribute to the Community!