SThree

www.sthreecareers.com

SThree Reviews

Updated Jul 10, 2014

Gary Elden

Really excellent employer, best training!

IT Recruiter (Current Employee) London, England (UK)

ProsGreat support across all levels, Directors are happy to help with issues and give training on a regular basis. As with all sales environments, there are targets but they are achievable with an organised work load. Have been here for less than 6 months and already qualified for three incentives, without prior experience in my team.

ConsNone really - can be noisy but what do you expect from a sales floor?

Advice to Senior ManagementNone

Great place to learn the ropes

Senior Recruitment Consultant (Current Employee) London, England (UK)

ProsIncentives, resources, training and atmosphere. Also office locations.

ConsHaving your voice heard. Not sure this place is a genuine meritocracy. Senior management is clicky and old school

Advice to Senior ManagementStick to what you promise and reward those who give their all.

I have only been with the company for 2 weeks, but I love it here already!

Resourcer (Current Employee) Chicago, IL (US)

ProsExtremely supportive environment; questions are welcomed and encouraged. Young, vibrant office atmosphere that knows how to work hard and have fun. Managers treat you as peers, and everyone is valued. Excellent opportunities to move forward within the company, and training is top-notch.

ConsHaven't come across any thus far! But if you are not fully committed to working hard day in and day out, this company may not be for you.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great people, boys club management.

Part of Internal IT Team (Former Employee) London, England (UK)

Pros-) There are some amazing people.
    -) Support services team are professional, well organised and very customer focused.
    -) Not afraid of change.
    -) Work hard, play hard mentality.
    -) High profit margin market sector.

Cons-) If you are "in" with the management, you are sorted. Pay is demonstrably linked to being a chum rather than because you have done great work.
    -) Some serious Ego's are flying about in the senior management.
    -) Some of the highest level seniors readily take the very public credit rather than passing it on to the great teams who made it happen.
    -) Most of the best people have now left or are looking to leave.
    -) Recent change of CEO considered by many as a real demotivating step. He has a solid reputation of being verbally aggressive towards staff and not willing to listen to others. When the email announcing that he was taking up the role there was a wave of sighs, groans and exclamations from across the office floor.
    -) Prehistoric technologies being used.
    -) Employ people who specialise in technologies/areas then management appear to completely ignore and disregard their advice.

Advice to Senior Management-) When things go well share the credit.
    -) When things go badly, don't immediately look to farm out blame on to others, especially in your own group. Succeed as a team, fail as a team.
    -) Learn to recognise when something is going wrong and don't be afraid to make the tough decisions, rather than simply trying to blag it.

Great Earning Potential - Excellent Sales Career

Recruitment Consultant (Current Employee) Chicago, IL (US)

ProsGreat commission structure

Amazing sales culture
    Strong training program
    Room for advancement

Excellent benefits
    4 weeks vacation!!!

ConsHours can be long but efficiency is key

Best career move ever made...Love going to work everyday!

Trainee Recruitment COnsultant (Current Employee) Sydney (Australia)

ProsThe training is second to none here. Sthree values it's staff and back us 100%. They invest so much in getting the best out of you. The best thing is that it is organically grown so the career progression is within everyone's reach.
    The management support system is outstanding and they are within arms reach to help...... You don't have that in most global organisations!!
    I would recommend working here to anybody looking to get into a fun but challenging role where you are sales driven and looking for a long term career.

ConsIt's a tough gig if you think recruitment is more like hr.
    You need to be patient, hard working, sales orientated, organised and like a challenge.
    It's not for everyone but the rewards are outstanding and the feeling you get when making a deal is like nothing you would get in any other job!

An great company to start your career with

ProsExcellent training, great young and vibrant atmosphere, potential to earn a lot of money!

ConsIntense! Competition is fierce within and outside the company, do or die culture!

If you have to constantly sell your staff on why it's a great place to work then it isn't one

Sales Manager (Current Employee) New York, NY (US)

ProsGreat place to work and advance.. if you enjoy micromanagement.
    Incentives can be very rewarding
    Nice office locations

ConsThey make you post excellent reviews (lie) on the company to glassdoor
    Micromanagement
    No creative thinking
    One set of rules for one and another for others
    YOU HAVE TO QUIT TO GET AHEAD OR WHAT YOU WANT IN THE COMPANY
    NO WORK/LIFE BALANCE
    Lack of professionalism
    Poor management
    They churn and burn staff. People usually leave within the first year.
    Drugs are openly talked about the office.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere is so much potential here. Employee some people with experience and create a professional and constructive environment. Stop encouraging people to live pay-check to pay-check. PLEASE STOP TRYING TO SELL EMPLOYEES ON HOW GREAT IT IS THERE. USE THIS ENERGY AND TIME AND MAKE IT GREAT INSTEAD.

Incredible opportunity for driven, motivated people - great earning potential and career growth

Recruitment Consultant (Current Employee) Chicago, IL (US)

ProsI am only a year out of college and already am more successful than the majority of my former classmates and my friends who graduated years ago (both in terms of earnings and career growth). This is a truly unique opportunity to join a growing company, and allows you to earn UNLIMITED commission and you can literally be a manager after being with the company for two years or even less. I am never bored and I love the challenging work environment. I also feel a really close connection and tight-knit bond with my team, who are super supportive and encouraging on days when the job could be tough. The wins in this position are amazing, and when I work hard enough, I can end the month with a 20K pay check or even more. I am really passionate about this company and the management, and they've shown me over the past year that they truly care about their employees and their happiness. Not to mention, there are amazing perks to this job -- 22 days PTO per year (which roll over the next year if you don't use them), trips to miami, vegas, fun team nights out, incredible meals, etc. I feel so grateful for this opportunity and know that I will be with the company for years and years to come.

ConsThis job is a great fit for me, but definitely not for everyone. You need to be super motivated, eager to learn, resilient, and driven. If you are looking for a super relaxed, work from home, 'come in late' or 'leave early' type of place, this is not the best job for you.

Great...whilst it lasted

Anonymous (Former Employee) London, England (UK)

ProsDefinitely a work, rest and play hard company. A meritocracy that rewards hard work with great treats like Friday beers, nights out & trips away.

ConsSupport services staff are not always treated with equity compared to those in front office ysales. Tend to put emphasis on costs over value. Lots of egos in management.

Advice to Senior ManagementCare more about your staff.

Worked for SThree? Contribute to the Community!